【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

From what I've gathered, the cape drapes better because of the lack of heavy wiring like the V1, but has a stiffer (unwired? Maybe...) collar. The latter is probably the improvement I'd be most interested in. And the connection to the figure is a magnet on the back. rather than the two in the front from the OG.

No there are 3 magnets on the Ver2.0. 2x at the front like the first for the cape lapels and one in the middle of his back. (which they will also use for the spell multiple hands feature)

There's a thin wire along the bottom seam of the cape which does all it needs to keep the cape flared out.

No wire in the collar, but it can be bent out to the side. Makes the nice patterning on the back nicely visible.

Okay, not much time as I have an appointment to make, but right outta the box impression:

1. I like it better than the first release. It’s not that it’s SO much better, just different, and I happen to prefer this sculpt, it reminds me more of the comics.

2. I like the new cape better because the collar is a real improvement, IMO.

No time to pose and fits properly yet, but here’s the sculpt:

c88d912b15d5335fe2768a801385c021.jpg

98befc5a39d0d042dd97cf3f5ebeec0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick snap on my way out the door:

d37657e7af18066266c9e08cb27b3c4e.jpg

When I get home later today, I’ll spend some time progressively flattening and futzing his cloak.

In a neutral position you shouldn’t see the lining and it should drape mostly flat.

Difficult with this fabric especially since the lining isn’t attached to the outer cloak, but doable.

e6622e80957949879f647a86b306f36d.jpg

He looks awesome.
Can‘t wait to get mine...(in July/August I guess..Europe takes ages this time to get that figure)

I'll be getting mine's in 2 months. Love that flex pay lol.

Got the doctor and Mark L delivered today. Can't wait to get home from work and take some pictures.

Gave the cloak a light steam, it takes out some weird creasing from being in-package. Was careful not to undo the three pleats in the back.

Been slowly working the wire to get it to hang more gracefully, may take some time. Not a fan of the cape design to be honest, but it could have been worse.

In the meantime, looking at my many hand options and put him beside more appropriate company. ;)

8e415a879c80490bae3e7f6bdfe02599.jpg

8e8630afc508bff551305bf8afc92652.jpg

He looks so awesome. I'm going to pay him off the rest of the way on Friday. Can't wait to get mine.

He looks awesome.
Can‘t wait to get mine...(in July/August I guess..Europe takes ages this time to get that figure)

Not if you use KGHobby. Got mine in Germany on around the 13th April !

I wouldn't mind seeing a Wong (I could probably be convinced to buy him), but I want a Mordo so much more. Maybe for Strange 2.

I really want this figure... I didn't get anyone from IW... but I was waiting for reviews.

Wong is perfect for a 3rd party to take. He'd go great with Strange.

As mentioned, most of the cloak’s puffiness is because the lining isn’t attached except at the edges.

The wire is not bad.

I wanted to give it the illusion of weight and natural drape; so I gave it a light steam, went over the pleats in the back with a warm (BARELY warm! Careful, easy to melt this kind of fabric!!) iron...folded and draped repeatedly across the body, more or less following the pleats and seams that move diagonally across the back.

That on its own is enough, but that last hint of puffiness bugged me, so I cheated the weight by clipping the cloak to itself and to the blue skirts of the tunic, via rare earth magnets.

Good enough for now, I may revisit at a later date or maybe remove the magnets.

I’m all about that bus stop pose, so a draped cape was critical for me.

3269e2904d46340d2e0c1a6c191b292a.jpg

0271d9ac56b1bda0881575a7d9b494ff.jpg

42c12bc97cdfe652d007f15e850dcda4.jpg

Magnets from behind:

f82b339127f11230b2f24ffb1bc976e3.jpg

Creating a hollow between his cheeks and the collar without denting the shape too hard is also a thing.

Colour and pattern for Hot Toys cloak = B+

Tailoring = C +

But you can make it all work. Figure is great.

Back