【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Come on man hes got like a billion spell combos. You can't just have him standing there!:lol nicely done with the Cape though.

In addition to wong, I'd also like to take this time to remind everyone we need ragnarok doc strange:lecture

thor-ragnarok-cap-04182018-e1524179246452.jpg

Come on man hes got like a billion spell combos. You can't just have him standing there!:lol nicely done with the Cape though.

In addition to wong, I'd also like to take this time to remind everyone we need ragnarok doc strange:lecture

[...]

:lol Every time I pose something dynamically, I get visual fatigue and drop it back to neutral. Not full Museum-style -- there's usually a subtle tilt or angle going on. Real casual.

Hence Bus-Stop Pose.

I really need to build a sixth scale bus stop and my collection will be complete. Not even kidding.

And yes to Ragnarok Strange. :lecture

Creating a hollow between his cheeks and the collar without denting the shape too hard is also a thing.

Colour and pattern for Hot Toys cloak = B+

Tailoring = C +

This is not promising. Is that purely a cloak review or the entire figure?

This is not promising. Is that purely a cloak review or the entire figure?

Just the cloak! The figure kicks ass. Great presence, great likeness, incredibly fine sculpt (fine lines in the face etc.)

Very nice tailoring in the costume.

The cloak gets scored low because it didn’t need to be constructed in this way that renders it high maintenance, but that’s not a deal breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I saw C+... and well...

It’s really impressive. My girlfriend is only a casual fan, and her reaction was “Whoa! That’s one of the best I’ve seen yet, except for the new Natasha!”

(I love that she has a definite opinion on these and we can talk about them together)

He’s on a shelf right now (too dark for good photos now) beside A1 Hulk, diecast Mark IV, and Homecoming Spidey — it’s like a comic book come to life.

Just need Black Panther and Endgame Widow for that group and I’m happy with it.

Cap is up in the air (I want to see what else HT releases before I commit) and although I may get other versions of these characters, these are the iconic looks I want to see together.

Very poor shooting conditions but here...he’s iconic.

0b936c912914cb3040c02af586b94214.jpg

(I haven’t finished Catwoman yet because I’m lazy)

I have my favourites temporarily displayed in a Fabrikor to keep the dust off them. Final display plans are ongoing and will take some time. Nothing too fancy because I like a casual display — just better than as-is.

I have a feeling we need like a sling ring portal. It just seems missing lol.

I have a feeling we need like a sling ring portal. It just seems missing lol.

Someone made a cool custom portal — can’t remember who. It’s probably in the other Strange thread.

You like EG Black Widow best?

Is it because she looks to be relatively scaled properly and has a proper sculpt? I'm partial to the look of TWS Widow myself, but it looks a bit like a sexy doll. Then again, maybe that's why I like it.

Very poor shooting conditions but here...he’s iconic.

0b936c912914cb3040c02af586b94214.jpg

(I haven’t finished Catwoman yet because I’m lazy)

I have my favourites temporarily displayed in a Fabrikor to keep the dust off them. Final display plans are ongoing and will take some time. Nothing too fancy because I like a casual display — just better than as-is.

Ahhhhhhh!!!! I want that Catwoman!!!!! More sexy dolls!

You like EG Black Widow best?

• I love A1 Widow's look, but her sculpt is badly outdated and the hair was difficult.
  • I never did get WS Widow ... came close but couldn't get behind the sculpt, maybe it would've changed my mind in-hand.
  • Love CW Widow, but her hair is a bigger pain than Strange's cloak.
  • Endgame Widow looks like a great sculpt, and the sculpted hair is just a consistent look for the rest of my figures.

Short answer: either Civil War or Endgame. Both have great sculpts and great looks, but I'll settle on Endgame. Long wait. :gah:

Ahhhhhhh!!!! I want that Catwoman!!!!! More sexy dolls!

LOL...yeah she's a true grail. Cost me a ridiculous amount of money in the end, though. Still, she's one of my all-time favourites, and would be the last to go if only because she'd be extremely difficult if not impossible to replace.

Holy cow, you all went to town since I last posted about the additional accessories and the "improvements" to the cloak of levitation.

IMO, the cloak's improvements are much more apparent when posing the figure dynamically. There's the obvious stuff like collar not having a wire all the way around anymore, the intricate embroidery, the use of finer/thinner thread for the sewing and lighter wire used throughout the rest of the cloak.

Other stuff that I've noticed that is different/better than the original cloak: I like that this one looks even more asymmetrical than the first one (especially on the left side). Speaking of the left side, I also like that they used something in the shoulder of the cloak that makes it sit perfectly on the figure. Lastly, and I haven't put the 2 cloaks side by side, the newer one seems a bit smaller than the first one which would sometimes seem to get a bit unwieldy if you wanted to just pose 1.0's cloak hanging naturally.

These are all just IMO so disagreement is ABSOLUTELY welcome but pointing out that I am wrong about an OPINION will earn you a ticket to the dark dimension! :lol

Holy cow, you all went to town since I last posted about the additional accessories and the "improvements" to the cloak of levitation.

IMO, the cloak's improvements are much more apparent when posing the figure dynamically. There's the obvious stuff like collar not having a wire all the way around anymore, the intricate embroidery, the use of finer/thinner thread for the sewing and lighter wire used throughout the rest of the cloak.

Other stuff that I've noticed that is different/better than the original cloak: I like that this one looks even more asymmetrical than the first one (especially on the left side). Speaking of the left side, I also like that they used something in the shoulder of the cloak that makes it sit perfectly on the figure. Lastly, and I haven't put the 2 cloaks side by side, the newer one seems a bit smaller than the first one which would sometimes seem to get a bit unwieldy if you wanted to just pose 1.0's cloak hanging naturally.

These are all just IMO so disagreement is ABSOLUTELY welcome but pointing out that I am wrong about an OPINION will earn you a ticket to the dark dimension! :lol

Oh yeah, I had the first Strange and I feel this cloak is better, but it still bugs me. :lol

I imagine the billowing quality can work well in a dynamic pose.

If I had that Catwoman I would treat her so well... I wouldn't leave her... unfinished.

:D

If I had that Catwoman I would treat her so well... I wouldn't leave her... unfinished.

:D

:rotfl ...Not too much left; I'm going to add a foam insert to the neck socket so the head has a firm fit, grind out the wrist sockets slightly and add foam for them as well. Then I have to tie off and trim the laces on the corset, maybe on the boots but I could probably just wrap those...and add a magnet to her boot for the taser.

In other news I moved the figures around a bit in the cabinet pictured above, and there's light from a lamp hitting Strange *just so* -- the sculpt looks amazing.

59273914_526466151623842_5541036247436230656_n.jpg

Got the Doctor and Iron Man today. Now I have an decent Titan battle display. Just waiting for Thanos to come. Have Nebula on pre order, hoping they make a Drax v2 and Mantis.

At least we know there will be no reason to make an EG version of Strange unless it is the Funeral attire

Gave the cloak a light steam, it takes out some weird creasing from being in-package. Was careful not to undo the three pleats in the back.

Been slowly working the wire to get it to hang more gracefully, may take some time. Not a fan of the cape design to be honest, but it could have been worse.

In the meantime, looking at my many hand options and put him beside more appropriate company. ;)

8e415a879c80490bae3e7f6bdfe02599.jpg

8e8630afc508bff551305bf8afc92652.jpg

I know I said the other day that my excitement for this figure is tepid since I already own 1.0...but man, after seeing your great photos, I gotta say I am really looking forward to the Doctor arriving! :clap

View attachment 452378

Got the Doctor and Iron Man today. Now I have an decent Titan battle display. Just waiting for Thanos to come. Have Nebula on pre order, hoping they make a Drax v2 and Mantis.

That's a gorgeous display.... a lot of red, but awesome.

That's a gorgeous display.... a lot of red, but awesome.

At least red is my favourite colour :p Thanos will hopefully break up the colours a bit. Gotta figure out where he will go, I am running out of room! :0

Back