UG Toys - Update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abstractharmony

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just for all you naysayers I just thought that I'd let you know that I received my item this morning in perfect condition.

Thanks Tesh!

I paid £48.00 for a 1/4 Luke Skywalker and it took (all told) 6 weeks but if it hadn't been for all the problems that Tesh had received with e-bay it would've been a lot sooner.

Thing is - I was prepared to wait in order to get it at the price I did. Other people have not been so patient...

Mr W said:
Has Ugtoys been suspended again?

Seems like that.

BTW I called Tesh last week and he told me they didn't answer any mail because they wanted to focus on orders getting shipped. They just shipped my order that day and I received my two LOTR statues this week, both in perfect condtion. :chew

Yep, UGToys are gone again.

And now ugtoys_online is 'no longer a registered user' too, with all auctions cancelled.

Talk about a headache!

Wonder what the heck is going on?

i was watching ug toy online auction for a bronze kong and anne bust
which someone won for £205.thats a giving it away price.how can they sell
high end collectibles for so little.i also noticed most of there sales are for
relatively cheap products.this is all very strange especially there 3 week
shipping policy.its a pity they can't prove to prospective buyers that a transaction with them would be quick and easy.im sure most of their gear would sell for a better price if people had 100% faith in when they'd receive
there items.also lack of comunication with customers via email is an extremely
unprofessional way to run a buisness which is the main reason i have not
bid on their items.

:stooge :violin Don't know why but I'm not surprised with this, there is store like lctoys or other with good price and not this amount of problem.

Last Sunday i made a Paypal dispute against Ugtoys regarding 2 items which i paid for around 6/7 weeks ago.

Then on Thursday i left them negative feedback and also made an ebay dispute against them for another item i didn't receive, that i paid for around 6 weeks ago.

I was then left negative feedback by Ugtoys after which they then made their feedback private.

Ugtoys got in touch with me via Ebay and we had this conversation:

ugtoys 22-Jun-06 at 18:49:17 BST

Do you want the statue or a refund?
I've never hidden away I replied to you in public forums and I
have tried to keep you and 400 other customers up to date. So tell me what you want a refund or the
statue?

josephs21 22-Jun-06 at 19:00:57 BST

Been waiting 6 weeks for the statue and need to know when it'll be delivered. I emailed you twice at
weekend and received no reply. I've noticed you have sent this statue out to other people but i haven't
received mine yet. I'm still waiting for a Paypal refund on those other items i purchased of you.

ugtoys 22-Jun-06 at 19:33:38 BST

The lack of response by emails is due to the fact that we were concentrating getting orders out. I
can only apologise if others have received the statue before you. You will get this statue definately
next week. If you don't get it i shall refund you and still send you the statue, so you get it for
free. Can't say fairer than that.
I could have offered the same deal on the other two items as well
but since the paypal claim was opened i have been forced to refund you.

ugtoys 22-Jun-06 at 19:39:53 BST

i authorised paypal to refund you on Monday. They have upto 30 days now to refund you. Thats the
problem with opening a claim with them. They have to have my authority to issue the refund which I
did straight away. Now its up to them. If i did not reply to your emails i apologise but our telephone
number was noted on the listing, you could have called us before leaving negative feedback.

josephs21 22-Jun-06 at 20:09:52 BST

Thanks for the replys. I didn't know Paypal could take up to 30 days to refund me. Thats why i left
negative as i didn't know you had authorised them to refund me. I shall withdraw my feedback. As soon
as i work out how to do it! I would still like the statue and hope i do receive it by next Saturday!
And i hope you will honour your deal as to me getting it free if it doesn't.

ugtoys 22-Jun-06 at 20:27:12 BST

I shall send you a feedback withdrawal request. The deals there if you don;t get the statue by next
saturday you get it for free. its in writing so ebay can see this as well.

I withdrew feedback as i was satisfied with them saying they have refunded me through Paypal.

I went on Ebay yesterday and noticed they are no longer registered again.

I contacted Paypal yesterday to see whether i have been refunded by Ugtoys after they told me they refunded me on Monday and i received this email today:

Dear x xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I do not show you have been refunded, as of yet. It will show in your
transactions on your PayPal history as soon as the refund is made. Sorry
for any inconvenience this has caused you.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,
Ashleigh
PayPal Resolution Services
PayPal, an eBay Company

Doesn't sound good!

Hello everybody.. Big Red Flag..

This is sooooooooooo Flickshop/AITO..:monkey4

Why not just deal w/ Fireside or Darkshadowcollectibles?.. Quit being lured in by saving an extra dollar, there is no excuse, even thought they have a million of them, for such POOR habits as these guys.

gam said:
they seem to have an online shop open now although not as cheap as it was on ebay - https://www.ugtoys.com/

Let's see if they answer their mails now then.. :rolleyes: I am still waiting for 2 statues wich have been payed for for about 2 months ago! I get no replies on my last two emails. I think it is a lousy excuse to say you don't answer mails because you're focussing on shipping the items. If you 're really are that busy, stop selling for a while and concentrate on getting all the backorders out!!

I believe UGToys set out with the best intentions, but it's only a small operation in terms of staff, and I think recent events have really thrown a spanner in the works.

The problem is that all the complaints and claims compound the delays and worsen the administrative backlog, so it's a vicious circle. As far as emails go, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a mountain of them to deal with now. My advice is to pick up the phone instead.

I certainly wouldn't expect at this point that they'd ever come back to ebay.

Bodie The Cursed said:
Hello everybody.. Big Red Flag..

This is sooooooooooo Flickshop/AITO..:monkey4

Why not just deal w/ Fireside or Darkshadowcollectibles?.. Quit being lured in by saving an extra dollar, there is no excuse, even thought they have a million of them, for such POOR habits as these guys.

well some of us live in Europe, which means shipping/VAT wise these shops are not that attractive at all :rolleyes:

I agree it's not real smart to not answer E-mails (especially when you sell on Ebay :cool: ) and that got me worried a lot, but a phone call helped in my case. I don't think ugtoys is some sort of con artist, it seems handling these amounts of orders was just too much for them.

Makiyu said:
well some of us live in Europe, which means shipping/VAT wise these shops are not that attractive at all :rolleyes: .

Understood.:D

Makiyu said:
I don't think ugtoys is some sort of con artist, it seems handling these amounts of orders was just too much for them.

Funny dustin from Flickshop and Shannon from AITO said that too. :D

Makiyu said:
I don't think ugtoys is some sort of con artist, it seems handling these amounts of orders was just too much for them.

That's exactly what I said as well in another topic about him. He took way too much hay on his pitchfork! (old Dutch saying ;) ). But now his problems are going to be our (or at least my) problems. I'm going to mail once more and if that doesn't work, I try getting my money back. And no, I won't phone. I'm not going to make expensive phonecalls. If you run a webshop, you should use the email thing. And what if all ppl wich emailed him, are going to phone him?? Is he going to put the phone off the hook? Or putting his answering machien up?? "Sorry, we're not answering any phonecalls now because we're focussing on shipping the items! Have a nice day!" ??

Sorry if I sound a bit p*ssed.. I'm now gonna post a nice post about my newly arrived Predator maquette.. sigh....:monkey2

its funny that ug dont sell the same high end murchenise on there
web site as they do on ebay and the prices are a lot different also.
i am so glad iwas sensible an not tried to win any of there items or
i also would be short of cash!!!!!

Xeno said:
Please tell me more about those! I love a good story!

Alas.. A story of 2 business selling items at prices that were too good to be true..

Other vendors could not understand how prices like this could be offered, yet they were avail to all and many bought into it..

Time goes by and voices of concern are raised.. Sporadically people would recieve an item quelling the uprising in hopes that they were not taken for a ride..

Emails and phone calls are never returned.. Communication becomes less and less frequent untill there is no communication at all what so ever.. Leaving more than less without their items.. And their hard earned coin..

Alas that is the troubling tale of AITO and Flickshop...

Lets hope UG does not follow suit..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back