Day Of The Dead Figures Amok Time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh. Not really interested in these. NECA did some a few years back too. Got the 1:6 Cemetery Ghoul already and 1:6 Bub preorderd from Amok directly (debating on Bub's environment) and hoping they put out more in that genre to go with SS's The Dead line.

Yeah, Sideshow screwed up the description. These two figures are NOT 1:6 scale, but rather standard solid plastic action figures standing 7-8 inches tall. If you read the product description carefully, you'll see that they clearly indicate that these are 7-inch action figures and not 12-inchers like the title would lead you to believe.

I sent sideshow a email asking what was the size of the figures and here is what they said

The "Day of the Dead" figures that
we are distributing for Amok Time vary in size. The Dr Tongue figure is
12 inches high and the Bub figure is 7.5 inches high. They are in scale
to each other according to the characters.

Methinks Sideshow needs to watch Day of the Dead again. Dr. Tongue was just another human-sized zombie; he wasn't 11 feet tall.
That's what I was thinking--WTF??

On the other hand, they only have a close-up of Dr. Tongue, unless I am mistaken. As such, he could be a super-giant zombie, or maybe all the other zombies and characters were 3 feet tall. Whatever the case, maybe we can chalk it up to "creative interpretation" by the folks at Amok Toys.

Back