Question - I'm about to put together a HT Predator, what should I be careful of?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
As title says, I'm ready to assemble one of these. But I've read enough about some breakage issues. Anything in particular I should look out for when assembly the Cleaner Ex or the P2 BD?

Wish I had done this Scott, first off you need a lot of patience. I know, I know, but really you do. These things cost too much to F' up. Also you will need a hair dryer nearby and take your time putting the net on the body at times on mine it looked like I was gonna snap it. Also make sure and read the directions and utilize the boxed pictures to see how HT has things applied, hanging, etc. Most importantly to me anyways is to make sure and heat up that belt/cod piece so you can wrap it around good and so you don't bust it like I did. Once it's on, leave it on. Lastly, set aside sometime and you will do it right. Put a movie on, and pay close attention to your dolly.

But I don't have a hair dryer.... :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Seriously, is that a must?

I do appreciate the advice guys.

No problem. Put a pot of water on your stove and boil it. Dip all the pieces for about 5 to 7 seconds. It will all fit and won't break. Good luck! :duff

Definitely need some way to heat these up - hairdryer is best, but hot water can also be used.

And really watch the belt/codpiece on the P2 BD...that little peg was a ^^^^^ and I accedentally broke mine. Easy enough to fix with a small screw, but be careful on that one.

Just get your next Preds off of Stag already assembled so you wont have to go through the hassle...:naughty:lol:rotfl

May want to keep small children out of the room as well..there's bound to be a few curse words :D I don't think I ever cussed as much assembling a figure as I did my P2 regular.

You're in Mesa, right? Head on over to either the Superstition Springs Target or Fiesta Mall target and buy a hair dryer man, I can't stress this enough. Plus you'll always have one. Badmoon is right on the hot water approach but I think the hair dryer is more precise. LOL that last sentence is ridiculous. Don't Munson it man, otherwise...:banghead

You're in Mesa, right? Head on over to either the Superstition Springs Target or Fiesta Mall target and buy a hair dryer man, I can't stress this enough. Plus you'll always have one. Badmoon is right on the hot water approach but I think the hair dryer is more precise. LOL that last sentence is ridiculous. Don't Munson it man, otherwise...:banghead
Bro, I use hot water for mine. It works great for me, and I got 6 Predators to vouch for me.:D

looks like I'll be buying a hairdryer in near future.

I knew there was going to be some difficulty, which is why I haven't assemlbed without have sufficient time, but looks like I'm going to be doing this over labor day weekend. I have two to put together.

Man... I have 3 preds laying around, waiting to be assembled, soon even 4! And the more I read about putting them together, the less I feel like actually doing it! :lol
No, actually I'm happy that so much tips are given. Should really help me to avoid breaking something, when that day comes... :D

Back