Custom 1/6 Batman and Batmobile....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, great set there. I had the pleasure of meeting Adam West at a small convention in New Orleans about 10 years ago. It was a thrill finally meeting him. I also met Lou Ferrigno ("The Incredible Hulk") at that same convention.

I'd love to get this stuff, but it's just WAY too much for me. :eek: :D

$600 for this whole thing is very reasonable if they're decent customs. That set up has gone for at least $1200 before.

The Art of Toy one the Batmobile is much, much fancier, but the figures aren't as nice. But $4680? I don't think so.

Is this from the same guy who made Pauls?

And thats actually not a bad price(the first auction, not the $4680 one). If it was from a company like Sideshow and mass produce, sure it would be WAY too expensive. But for a full custom set, not bad at all.

These guys own Heroes Club / Art of Toys store. I don't know how these guys manage to stay in business. They sell figures like 50% more than the competitor, granted the do have some rare stuff.

Yeah, Giink made that one. In fact I turned Robin on to him. That set is way overpriced, I don't really know what a set like that is worth...

I'm sure a few Collectors out there (especially Asia) would pay a lot though... but not 4.7k...

The trouble is they look silly in the Batmobile. It's interior is too small. That's why pjam's owns.

Yeah, great set there. I had the pleasure of meeting Adam West at a small convention in New Orleans about 10 years ago. It was a thrill finally meeting him. I also met Lou Ferrigno ("The Incredible Hulk") at that same convention.

I'd love to get this stuff, but it's just WAY too much for me. :eek: :D

that reminds of that episode of "king of queens" where doug ditches lou ferrigno for adam west to take to a sci-fi convention. you're not kevin james are you?

holy crap.

I'm heavily into 66 Batman ... a couple years ago, a guy was making a museum quality 1/6 scale model of the Batmobile, nearly perfect in every detail ... there's one in the Peterson museum in Los Angeles ... he was very hush-hush about the project but if you knew who to talk to you could pick one up -- for about half the cost of that souped-up Joemobile. And this was, I emphasize, a true 1/6 scale model, not a fiberglass toy with wrong proportions and an inaccurate interior... I mean, the one in the auction is very nicely done, don't get me wrong, but the starting point, the Joemobile, is notoriously inaccurate ... only so much even the very best artist can do with it...

some pix here:
https://home.cogeco.ca/~lint/batmobile.html

Last edited:
Back