NECA'S TMNT...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shai

Cold Slither
Reaction score
ANYONE REMEMBER THE OLD EASTMAN COMIC ??? BEFORE TMNT BECOME A KID ORIENTED POP PHENOMENON THERE WAS THE ADULT THEMED COMIC BOOK....NECA IS DOING THE OLD COMIC JUSTICE...

THIS IS SOME BAD ASS TURTLES....LOLLL

https://www.toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=139&itemid=12183

LeonardoNoBase__scaled_600.jpg

Wow, those look great! The neck seems a little too long though...

Wow, those look great! The neck seems a little too long though...

nope, they were drawn exactly like that in Kevin Eastman's comic..The long neck was one of the first detail I noticed that was comic accurate.Neca did their homework.

This cover image is small but you can clearly see the long necks on the turtle.

eastman_cover1.jpg

That's awesome, about time someone came up with the classic Turtles, they rocked. Definately didn't start out as a kids comic, they we're pretty violent and bloody starting out, apparently they went with all red headbands like the original comics as well.

I can't get this image out of my head:

wg2.jpg

:lol

I quite like NECAs TMNT! I remember my dad showing my the original comics when I was younger and started watching the kids version on TV... or did the film come first? :confused:

Here in the UK they were called TM'Hero'T... :monkey4

I liked the fact that the comics were a bit more adult. Blood, stabbings, etc. Seeing turtles with throwing stars stuck in them and dark blood! :cool:

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Man that is great looking! I've wanted some kickass TMNT figures for the longest time :rock

Yea they look pretty cool. They have the stylized features that the GG Animated LoTR has, that different quality that IMO, makes it better than the original.

I MUST OWN THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

My brother and I were the biggest Turtle fans EVER, even before I knew LOTR. We still have in good condition every figure playmates ever made, except for the really stupid ones (those pizza shooting dudes were dumb). It even affected the way I talk; living in California and watching Michelangelo every morning for years of your life--well, you can't help but talk like them.

I WILL OWN THEM ALL!!!

Last edited:
Yea they look pretty cool. They have the stylized features that the GG Animated LoTR has, that different quality that IMO, makes it better than the original.

I think its supposed to be in the style of the original comic, not cartoon, which makes it really cool. I'm pretty sure I'll get at least the Turtles, maybe some other characters too.

Also nice that NECA is actually going with decent articulation, instead of their standard work.

What size are these?

These are the original Ninja Turtles; everything else you've ever seen is just an adaptation of this classic design, which if you ask me, will always be the best. I must get these. Man, I sure hope they make Splinter and Shredder in this style!

Yep, I've been dying to get something like this to pose like in their very first appearance in the alley.

leoan.gif

Last edited:
very cool! i'm a big fan of the original comic book series!

have you guys seen the statues? they're done well and are designed to connect to each other.

four02.jpg

All I can say is wow. I cannot wait to get my hands on these figures.

By the way, does anyone remember the original comic line when they did one shot comics for each Turtle? I was able to get my hands on the Donnatello comic that has him meeting Jack Kirby. Both Eastman and Laird are big fans of the King and in the comic they have a petition you can cut out and send to Marvel pleading that they give Jack all of his old artwork back. I believe the issue was from 1986 and at that time Jack was going after Marvel with lawyers to get his original drawings back. It all just adds to how cool the Ninja Turtles are and how deep the roots of their adventures go.

shredder2.jpg

tmnt_1_incentive.jpg

Back