Resident Evil: Extinction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
anyone else go see this yet??? i caught it yesterday with the girlfriend and although i enjoyed it for some reason i didn't like it as much as the second one. it just seemed too slow for me. not enough action in it.

I've really grown to hate the first two RE movies, 'cause they are nothing like the story line of the games. Even though I like Milla, I would've liked it more if the movies were centered around Leon Kennedy and Chris & Claire Redfield. The fact that none of the movies take place in 'Raccoon City' or in a giant mansion doesn't sit well with me either. I'll watch extinction eventually just not in theaters.

anyone else go see this yet??? i caught it yesterday with the girlfriend and although i enjoyed it for some reason i didn't like it as much as the second one. it just seemed too slow for me. not enough action in it.

Saw it last night and thought it was a great addition to the series. Every time I thought it was getting slow, the action picked up. So I guess it had a pretty good pace to it. Probably my least fav of the 3, but it hasn't really had time to sink in yet.

Any thing with Milla, is not RE for me. I too saw it with my GF. It was alright. Wesker didn't look like wesker imo, plus his scene was too short.

I tried watching the first one, but my laughter how awful it was drowned out the film. I got part 2 for free in bluray when I got my PS3 and was feeling froggy one night and popped it in. 30 mintues later I was using the disc as a coaster. Part 3 I think I'll wait until it hits HBO, and then call up directv and cancel my subscription to HBO for playing the movie.

I tried watching the first one, but my laughter how awful it was drowned out the film. I got part 2 for free in bluray when I got my PS3 and was feeling froggy one night and popped it in. 30 mintues later I was using the disc as a coaster. Part 3 I think I'll wait until it hits HBO, and then call up directv and cancel my subscription to HBO for playing the movie.
Damn that's harsh, but I feel the same way. :monkey3

I've really grown to hate the first two RE movies, 'cause they are nothing like the story line of the games. Even though I like Milla, I would've liked it more if the movies were centered around Leon Kennedy and Chris & Claire Redfield. The fact that none of the movies take place in 'Raccoon City' or in a giant mansion doesn't sit well with me either. I'll watch extinction eventually just not in theaters.

Claire Redfield is in Extinction...she's played by Ali Larter.

When I first saw the trailer at the theater I got excited because it was the one from space where it was zooming in on Earth and showed the cars traveling along the desert. I first thought it was a trailer for Mel Gibson's rumored Mad Max 4 movie "Fury Road".

LAME..........:monkey4

i saw RE3 yesterday... what a wasted afternoon... one would think that i would have known better after the first two. would it be so hard to take more cues from the game?

I don't know the game at all so I have no clue how close it is. But I like Milla (despite the wildly overdone CGI make-up) and Alice is a great character.

We've had some great zombie movies lately - Shawn, 28 Weeks - and this one didn't hold a candle to either of those, but it was mildly amusing seeing Milla kick some butt.

the RE movies are fun horror/action movies. they could be a lot better because they actually have good backstories(the video games) but i don't expect much from them but even considering that I enjoy watching them for what they are. i would watch any of these over Superman Returns any day.

But I like Milla (despite the wildly overdone CGI make-up) and Alice is a great character.

That was really odd... her face was glowing in close-ups and looked very odd. I was wondering if they were trying to make her look like a video game character or what? Not like she's hard on the eyes w/o it :lol

I saw it earlier and it was fun, you know its zombie fluff going into it and it does deliver. My fiance really liked it, and she's liked the other ones. I think it was better than the 2nd one, but I think the Original is still the best of the 3.

I have to think she was partying hard and they felt they had no choice, or she asked for it. I've only seen it done to this extent with Martin Lawrence. Perhaps Milla loved how she looked in Ultra Violet so much that she has the CG written into her contract.

Ironically I saw The Brave One today, and Jodie who is at least 15 years older than Milla didn't have a bit of CG and she still looked terrific.

The RE movies are terrible in my opinion. Had they at least followed the story line of the games they would have been decent.

These are Hollywood Poop. Why did they even name them Resident Evil? They have nothing to do with them except for a few things.

Two million thumbs wayyyyyyy down. :monkey4

You may be right Dave, but in non-CGI shots she looked fine... you could see some pores and what not. But in the close-ups she looked more airbrushed than a playboy centerfold :lol

And it was pretty distracting.

I thought that this movie would just be like the Apocalypse - average.
This isn't the best zombie movie I have ever seen, but it isn't the worst.
I like the first one, thought the second one was unimpressive and didn't expect much more from this one. Unfortunately it did not wow me.

I am a big fan of the video game series, especially Resident Evil 2, and the past 2 movies do not live up to the source material. But that is just my opinion and in my opinion Extinction was average.
Here's hoping that the next 3 Resident Evil movies live up to other zombie classics like Dawn of the Dead or Day of the Dead. I would be overjoyed if they were half as good as 28 Weeks Later.
Mila did look like they used CG to blur her face to make her look younger, but not with the clones. Go figure.

The RE movies are terrible in my opinion. Had they at least followed the story line of the games they would have been decent.

These are Hollywood Poop. Why did they even name them Resident Evil? They have nothing to do with them except for a few things.

then why bother making a movie??? just play the games and shut up. seriously. if they don't bring anything new to the table why bother..

then why bother making a movie??? just play the games and shut up. :D seriously. if they don't bring anything new to the table why bother..

Back