Resident Evil: Extinction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
then why bother making a movie??? just play the games and shut up. seriously. if they don't bring anything new to the table why bother..

????

Excuse me. My point is these movies stink and they don't follow the Resident Evil plots. They are just money making Hollywood whores using the video game title to attract viewers. These movies are a stinkin pile of crap and yet they keep making more because people keep going to the movie theater and paying to be disappointed. :monkey1

Last edited:
????

Excuse me. My point is these movies stink and they don't follow the Resident Evil plots. They are just money making Hollywood whores using the video game title to attract viewers. These movies are a stinkin pile of crap and yet they keep making more because idiots keep going to the movie theater and paying to be disappointed. :monkey1

I just wanted to add....sequels should be reserved for great movies that deserve them, not mediocre films like Resident Evil. I also think they are making a Bloodrayne sequel ....why, because a bunch of people will see it because of the name. Original was one of the worst films in history- Sheep follow names, give them your money fanboys.

...Original was one of the worst films in history...

I don't know if I'd say it one of the worst films in history but it's not far off. Which is probably why they felt the need to put in a scene with Kristanna Loken topless.

Although I haven't played RE, I didn't mind the movies. I won't go see it at the theatre but I'll rent it when it comes out.

I just wanted to add....sequels should be reserved for great movies that deserve them, not mediocre films like Resident Evil. I also think they are making a Bloodrayne sequel ....why, because a bunch of people will see it because of the name. Original was one of the worst films in history- Sheep follow names, give them your money fanboys.

They have already made a Bloodrayne Sequal
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0896036/

First one was pretty bad and this one is again done by Uwe, so can't imagne it would be any better.

With the Resident Evil movies, I've played the orginal RE on PS2 and that was about it, same with my wife, but we both find the movies decently enjoyable for what they are, grade B scifi zombie flicks with a bit of horror. Milla is easy on the eyes, though I agree with a few other posters, the CGI makeup on Milla in RE3 was very distracting in some of the scenes.

One of the Sony Executives said somewhere today since it did so well over the weekend and they make the money back and then some, he wouldn't be suprised with a 4th and 5th movie down the road.

Evan

They have already made a Bloodrayne Sequal
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0896036/

First one was pretty bad and this one is again done by Uwe, so can't imagne it would be any better.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:monkey4

One of the Sony Executives said somewhere today since it did so well over the weekend and they make the money back and then some, he wouldn't be suprised with a 4th and 5th movie down the road.
Double NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

That's a pretty accurate statement. And I'd bundle Doom in with Bloodrayne and Resident Evil as well.

Don't know about that comparing DOOM/RE to Bloodrayne is pretty tough, while nether DOOM nor any of the RE's were academy award winners, they are heads and shoulders above Bloodrayne, which from what I can remeber wasn't even a good video game, least DOOM and RE were (IMO).

Personally any time a video game gets made into a movie, I just ignore the game while watching the movie, makes it easier in the end.

Evan

My point is these movies stink and they don't follow the Resident Evil plots. They are just money making Hollywood whores using the video game title to attract viewers. These movies are a stinkin pile of crap and yet they keep making more because people keep going to the movie theater and paying to be disappointed. :monkey1
I agree with Rory these movies are crap. When the first RE came out I was real excited, then I saw it and was really let down, the 2nd came and again my expectations were high and it was garbage. I will not be spending my time or money to see Extinction, mostly because I am a big fan of the Video game series and because these movies suck.

I am afraid being a movie from a video game type genre guarantees a sucky movie. You go in the theater knowing that, and it is more fun. :lecture

I am afraid being a movie from a video game type genre guarantees a sucky movie. You go in the theater knowing that, and it is more fun. :lecture
Well, I am still waiting for the right director to come along and make a kick ass video game flick. Hopefully, if/when Halo gets made it will be the first to truly kick ass. :rock

I liked the Resident Evil films. Sure they didn't stick to the game but that doesn't bother me. I don't know about anyone else but I'm not expecting high art from a zombie movie. It's like eating a hamburger. Somedays you don't want champagne and caviar, you want a big fat burger with fries and a beer.

I agree with Rory these movies are crap. When the first RE came out I was real excited, then I saw it and was really let down, the 2nd came and again my expectations were high and it was garbage. I will not be spending my time or money to see Extinction, mostly because I am a big fan of the Video game series and because these movies suck.

Wow, this from a guy who defends the Transformers movie :rolleyes:

I guess for me, its easier to enjoy a crappy movie when I'm not worried about the property. I like the RE games a lot, but if they are bastardized its not biggy. But I really like TF, and thought the movie was crap.

-Sorry to drag that up, but you know how it goes :rotfl

I guess for me, its easier to enjoy a crappy movie when I'm not worried about the property. I like the RE games a lot, but if they are bastardized its not biggy. But I really like TF, and thought the movie was crap.

HAHA. On this note, I finally saw Transformers...on IMAX nonetheless and I thought it was a decent flick. I have never really watched the cartoon however so I have no idea what it's supposed to be like but at first I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous it seemed - giant talking robots lol. Towards the end it somewhat grew on you but there were a lot of parts that were like duh "why are you giving the kid that responsibility, just let the giant ass robot do it and be done with it." :lol Love story was weak too but one thing that I loved was the Australian girl.

Hot chicks with Australian accents are my weakness. :drool

I really want a Bioshock film, and I know how to do it too. I think it would be a good subject to make a really impactful video game movie.

Bioshock or System Shock 2 (another Irrational game) would both make great movies.

I enjoyed Resident Evil Extinction. Of course, by Part 3, it's not really a Resident Evil film ... more like Alice in Zombieland. But Mila is hot and the movie was good mindless fun.

Ouch, that was a dagger aimed straight for my heart!! :monkey2

Well, at least Transformers had a HELLUVA lot more to do with its source material then the Resident Evil movies did. :D

Back