Transformers FYI...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty

just me
Reaction score
GO SEE THIS MOVIE AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT!

It friggin' rocks. Yes, Michael Bay is a giant ********* (this is truth, not opinion... don't ask how I know, just trust that I know), but this movie is totally awesome. Saw an advanced screening last night, and it knocked my socks off. The effects, the sound, the cheesy-ness... perfection. Of course there are small problems (some of the dialogue is ridiculous, etc), but it's so worth the price of admission it's not even funny! DO NOT 'wait for rental' with this one - it's a movie MADE to see on the big screen with a huge audience holding on for the ride. I got goosebumps in a couple of places and I don't even have a big soft spot for the t-formers... it really makes you care about these alien robots and wish they really existed. And the sound is soooo freakin' cool - it literally rumbles the seats!

Can't wait to see it again! :chew

I don't know what to feel about this movie, part of me is eager and excited at the idea, and the other part of me is attached to their appearances in the cartoon I grew up on, I'm very attached to 1984 Optimus Prime, I loved him, and this new one just doesn't quite feel right, but if you say it's worthwhile Dusty, I'll take your word for it. C'mon 7.4.7!

That's cool, I can't wait. Day before my birthday.

So, Dusty, I'm wondering. It was supposedly going to be rated R for suspense but got bumped down to a PG-13 after Spielberg appealed to the MPAA---is it really that suspenseful?

SideshowDusty said:

It friggin' rocks. Yes, Michael Bay is a giant ********* (this is truth, not opinion... don't ask how I know, just trust that I know), but this movie is totally awesome. Saw an advanced screening last night, and it knocked my socks off. The effects, the sound, the cheesy-ness... perfection. Of course there are small problems (some of the dialogue is ridiculous, etc), but it's so worth the price of admission it's not even funny! DO NOT 'wait for rental' with this one - it's a movie MADE to see on the big screen with a huge audience holding on for the ride. I got goosebumps in a couple of places and I don't even have a big soft spot for the t-formers... it really makes you care about these alien robots and wish they really existed. And the sound is soooo freakin' cool - it literally rumbles the seats!

wow, this is encouraging! i'm going to see it the first day it comes out anyway but it's good to hear some good things about it. thanks for the heads-up Dusty.

Dusty, you are lucky to have seen this in advance. I am definitely looking forward to it and your recommendation only makes me more excited about it. Too scary/suspenseful for kids? My son is five and he wasn't too sure about the trailer.

That's awesome that you got to see an advanced screening Dusty!

So what happened here?Did Michael Bay ask you out by throwing out the TRANSFORMERS movie in there as part of the date and then tried to put some moves on you? :rotfl

Bay does some BIG BLOCKBUSTERS...oh boy does he LOVE explosions and those slow motion camera rotations and lets not forget car chases. But he's a crappy director when it comes down to it...but he does know how to put out some BIG action flicks (that's not saying that they are actually good).

SideshowDusty said:

I love you dusty! A chick that loves my childhood love for Transformers is one amazing chick!

SideshowDusty said:

Dusty, you are sooooooo LUCKY!!!

It's awesome to hear this, especially from a Lady, 'cause women usually don't like this kinda stuff. :D

Seriously though I knew this movie was gonna rule, sure their designs are not the G1 Transformers I grew up and fell in love with, but they look great none the less. Ridiculous dialogue and cheesy-ness however are what the Transformers cartoon was all about! I got the MAJOR chills when I saw the Final trailer and I know I will probably weep openly when I see this. :monkey2

I hope that all those 'true' Transformers fans who have been bashing this movie since day one go see this, love it and feel totally stupid. I for one am LOVING the fact that we have a Transformers movie and from what I've seen so far I am going to f@#king LOVE it!! :rock

Im really looking forward to this, I dont care about the story i just want to see giant robots that transform and fight. This is all i wanted when i was a young lad. Im hoping there is a glimpse of Unicron at the last scene.

ian1138 said:
Im really looking forward to this, I dont care about the story i just want to see giant robots that transform and fight. This is all i wanted when i was a young lad. Im hoping there is a glimpse of Unicron at the last scene.

UNI-CRON!

Hey Dusty, can you give Rory a swift slap in the back of the head for trashing this wonderful franchise?

Last edited:
SideshowDusty said:

You are one lucky lady, Dusty... I can't wait too see this movie on opening night. I just know it will BLOW MY ********* MIND!!!:rock I'm pre-ordering tickets on tuesday when they open:D

And what's your beef with Michael Bay? I know his and action first, acting second kind of director but he knows how to make big-time action flicks.

Well reviews are coming in from all over the place.

Australia had and opening and there were screenings in CA. this weekend.

And everyone I have read so far says that this film kicks ass!!!

There are a bunch of reviews up at Siebertron and Aintitcool. From TF geeks to non-fans, people are loving this film.

One reviewer said its 140 minutes:google!!! Man I hope he is right.

Anyway, there are a ton of reviews out now and all is looking good!

:rock:rock:rock:rock

Back