The Star Wars OT/PT general chat thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popnfresh98

Super Freak
Reaction score
I wanted to share this video but didn’t know where to post it, hence creating this, so people can talk and share things about the old Star Wars movies without the shadow of the Disney movies hanging over them. Whether one considers them good or bad is besides the point, it would just be nice to have a place to talk SW in the movie section without the conflict.

When I saw the name I thought it would be comedic - ‘Obi-Wan has PTSD’ - but it actually made me feel. It’s expertly done and edited but in the end what it truly shows is just how good Alec Guiness’ acting is that everything can sync up so well you buy his reactions in the moment.

And in the spirit of the thread it’s a combination of both completed trilogies.

There’s also another one, which has better music because it only uses Williams’ score, however I think the way this one builds on glimpses is done better. I’d like to see it with Williams music throughout. (And maybe cut down on the order 66 stuff for pacing)

Feel free to share your own vids/memes/thoughts/favourite moments/quotes/questions/video games/technical details from the films no one would notice/shape and shine of Vader’s mask changing/TCW or EU etc. All the usual stuff.

Only rules are no talking about TLJ or the ST / Disney movies. There are already a hundred and counting threads for that and ongoing conversations about them. No bashing.

And just a general question to get things started - what was your favourite ship design and why? Post pics! And if you vote x-wing, choose a second favourite as well :lol

And if anyone else here plays battlefront 2 (which is great since the progression overhaul btw) what are your favourite or most hated maps?

I love Naboo, Starkiller, Cloud city, Mos Eisley, Kashyyk, Yavin IV, Takodana, Kamino and Endor

Most hated are Jakku, Crait (the first half is so slow, the caverns are fun though) and Death Star 2. Hoth is close to being in here as well at times

I also made the mistake of buying bf2 and overwatch at the same time. As I have more connection to SW I obviously had to play bf2 first... and so I haven’t even touched overwatch :lol. I honestly don’t know when I will.

Re: The Star Wars OT/PT appreciation thread

As many inconsistencies there are between PT and OT, Sir Alec’s performance in that scene truly brings the 2 trilogies together IMO.

Favorite ship design? Hmm, I’m slightly partial to the Slave 1. Such a unique design.

Re: The Star Wars OT/PT appreciation thread

I enjoyed that video very much.. Thanks.. Wish the PT was as dramatic as that video made it seem.

PT has so many issues but I ca find some enjoyment out of it overall.. RO actually helped me accept the PT a little more.. It reminded me of what a bad ass Vader became between ROTS and ANH

Fav ship.. The Falcon. Star Destroyer and Tie Fighter are next in line.

Trying to go off the beaten path - can we count this as an “OT”-ish ship (you did bring up games)? :)

66B749C1-F862-4BF6-9C5F-683BB2B85D39.jpeg

PT has good backstories and War plot, it's just the Lucas didn't pace it and let acting be as good. That's it... I strongly believe that PT is disliked because of 80's childhood imagination of a Clone War and their own vision of Darth Vader at a young age as Anakin. I mean it's telling you about people you already know will become so there's no surprise. You see Palpatine in the PT and know that's the Emperor but you're like how did he become the Emperor? And to be honest Order 66 with Anakin storming the Temple is a genius tactical decision...

But alas because of love driven narrative not the quest for power of which many SW fans thought Anakin was is why they dislike it. However the noble jest is that Vader was sensed to be still good by his son, so if power wasn't Vader's determination what was? Which the slave narrative kinda fits, he was one as a child, a slave to the Jedi Oath, to the ideals of the Republic and ultimately to his Master in the end to lose everything he wanted and had. He was a broken man, twisted by evil because he had good intentions.

Now difference between PT and ST. OT already established character backstories so for them to drastically drift from who they were so much in ST is more of insult than the PT trying to show the backstories of OT people we knew hardly anything about besides who they were in OT.

The destruction of the Death Star in ROTJ was completely the fault of Darth Vader. had he not allowed the shuttle through the shields and on to Endors forest moon, even though he knew it was loaded with rebels, the rebellion would not have succeeded and the Empire would have wiped out the rebel fleet.

How's that for a Plot hole?

1) Rebels were captured on Endor;
2) Rebel fleet was about to be wiped out by suddenly workin' DS;
3) Both Palpatine and Vader wanted Luke.

Ewoks saved Rebels on Endor, that's why they were able to blow up shield generator and than DS.
The only plot hole here is the fact that imperial troops were overpowered by dwarven neanderthals.

1) Rebels were captured on Endor;
2) Rebel fleet was about to be wiped out by suddenly workin' DS;
3) Both Palpatine and Vader wanted Luke.

Ewoks saved Rebels on Endor, that's why they were able to blow up shield generator and than DS.
The only plot hole here is the fact that imperial troops were overpowered by dwarven neanderthals.

Death Star could have captured shuttle with tractor beam, like in star wars, never allowing the troops near the shield generator in the first place and still bringing Luke to face the Emperor.

Without rebel presence on Endor, Ewoks would have minded their own business and not attacked Empire.

Speaking of ships I really like this 3D comparison of the in universe ships, as well as their size compared to cities on earth:

There’s also this monster comparison, which only has a couple of Star Wars ones, but I never realized just how big the exogorth (asteroid worm) was before:

He has a bunch more like that as well

Speaking of ships I really like this 3D comparison of the in universe ships, as well as their size compared to cities on earth:

There’s also this monster comparison, which only has a couple of Star Wars ones, but I never realized just how big the exogorth (asteroid worm) was before:

He has a bunch more like that as well

That’s reallg cool. Thanks for posting that.:hi5:

That video gave me feels ... Alec Guinness was a brilliant actor.

Favourite ship would be the A-Wing

Indeed, even in this character he hated he couldn’t do anything but great work!

was the Sando that big? Wasn't that the monster trying to bite Padme?

The Sando was that giant underwater monster from TPM, hence the size

‘There’s always a bigger fish’

That’s reallg cool. Thanks for posting that.:hi5:

:hi5:

PT has good backstories and War plot, it's just the Lucas didn't pace it and let acting be as good. That's it... I strongly believe that PT is disliked because of 80's childhood imagination of a Clone War and their own vision of Darth Vader at a young age as Anakin. I mean it's telling you about people you already know will become so there's no surprise. You see Palpatine in the PT and know that's the Emperor but you're like how did he become the Emperor? And to be honest Order 66 with Anakin storming the Temple is a genius tactical decision...

But alas because of love driven narrative not the quest for power of which many SW fans thought Anakin was is why they dislike it. However the noble jest is that Vader was sensed to be still good by his son, so if power wasn't Vader's determination what was? Which the slave narrative kinda fits, he was one as a child, a slave to the Jedi Oath, to the ideals of the Republic and ultimately to his Master in the end to lose everything he wanted and had. He was a broken man, twisted by evil because he had good intentions.

Now difference between PT and ST. OT already established character backstories so for them to drastically drift from who they were so much in ST is more of insult than the PT trying to show the backstories of OT people we knew hardly anything about besides who they were in OT.

Some of that may be true.. But most peoples issues with PT is the poor acting, the poor dialogue (which may have been better with better acting), and the overuse of green screen. The stories are not the strongest but IMO all of that would be a none issue if acting was better, dialogue better written, and use of real locations was used more.

The PT could have been great, with the same basic plot, but there was just too much bad.

From Jar Jar, lil Annie, horrendous dialogue, inane humor (stepping in poop, for example), boring and unnecessary plot points, overuse of CG, some really bad character and set design (Jax and his Diner), incredibly unconvincing relationships, over-choreographed fight scenes, dying of broken hearts, having the high ground, bad puppet Yoda, and on and on....

It really overpowered what was good... Darth Maul, Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson, Ian McDairmid

Just such a waste of potential.

The PT could have been great, with the same basic plot, but there was just too much bad.

From Jar Jar, lil Annie, horrendous dialogue, inane humor (stepping in poop, for example), boring and unnecessary plot points, overuse of CG, some really bad character and set design (Jax and his Diner), incredibly unconvincing relationships, over-choreographed fight scenes, dying of broken hearts, having the high ground, bad puppet Yoda, and on and on....

It really overpowered what was good... Darth Maul, Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson, Ian McDairmid

Just such a waste of potential.

How is that any different than the ST?

Back