Quentin Tarantino's "Star Trek" - TBD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Clown

King of the Wicker People
Reaction score
Quentin Tarantino ‘Star Trek’ Firms ‘The Revenant’s
Mark L. Smith As Screenwriter

Source: https://deadline.com/2017/12/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-mark-l-smith-jj-abrams-the-revenant-paramount-pictures-1202231379/

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures has set Mark L. Smith to write the script for the
R-rated Star Trek movie that was hatched from an idea by Quentin Tarantino.
Tarantino wants to direct the film, which he’ll produce with JJ Abrams. That means
that a writer whose breakthrough came on one of the most celebrated spare dialogue
films of recent years will team with Tarantino, a writer/director whose own scripts
have run run 165 pages or more, full of dialogue. Smith became a favorite of both
Paramount and Abrams after he scripted Overlord, the Julius Avery-directed Bad
Robot-produced WWII thriller about two American soldiers caught behind enemy
lines on D-Day.

Deadline revealed the Tarantino Star Trek project last month, and then earlier this
month that Smith, Lindsey Beer, Drew Pearce and Megan Amram took part in a
writer’s room with Tarantino. Smith was viewed as frontrunner for the job and
Paramount closed his writing deal today. The movie is a daring one on several fronts,
especially since there was a promise made to Tarantino by Paramount and Abrams
that this Star Trek will carry the R rating, same as all the films Tarantino has
directed.

Smith will write while Tarantino focuses on his next film, about the Manson summer
of 1969, which Sony acquired. Tarantino has asked I, Tonya‘s Margot Robbie to play
Sharon Tate, and Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt have also met with the
filmmaker about roles. The film begins production next spring for an August 9, 2019
release date that falls on the 50th anniversary of the murder of Tate and several
others at the hands of Manson’s acolytes.

I like to see what Tarantino does with Trek. Hope it's authentic TOS one with same set and costume design.

Not sure why it needs to be an R. So Kirk's love fling can be barechested with him as well?

I like to see what Tarantino does with Trek. Hope it's authentic TOS one with same set and costume design.

Not sure why it needs to be an R. So Kirk's love fling can be barechested with him as well?

So Tarantino can have characters drop F bombs every 10 seconds. Star Trek is officially dead.....not that JJ Trek and the new series didn't already kill it.

i7S7Mb1.gif

Maybe it'd be at least entertaining and stylish, unlike Jar Jar Abremz' annoying crap.

It's not a reboot, it will be in the Kelvin universe, so Jackson will have to play some mutha ****in' Klingon.

If he's going the route of his other movies, it'll be horrible. Unnecessary f bombs, nudity and over the top violence.

Doubt it will be made= Paramount sending out feelers for Trek love in the wake of TLJ calamity

From CinemaBlend:

Paramount has chosen Mark L. Smith to write up Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek movie. Smith was a part of a writers room that included Megan Amram, Lindsey Beer and Drew Pearce to workshop Tarantino's idea with the acclaimed director. According to Deadline, Smith was reportedly the frontrunner for the gig and he has now reached a deal with Paramount. The writer caught the attention of J.J. Abrams and Paramount after his work on the screenplay for Overlord, an upcoming Bad Robot-produced WWII thriller about two American soldiers caught behind enemy lines on D-Day. Smith will write up the Star Trek script based on an idea from Tarantino, which could be a feature-length adaptation of a classic Star Trek episode.

That is a project I would never have imagined in 100 years. Wow. Extremely curious to see how this goes, if it goes anywhere. I'm a huge fan of both, but Tarantino's philosophy and approach are pretty dang antithetical to what Star Trek really stands for (putting aside whatever it was that Abrams was trying to do--that's not really Star Trek).

Back