Man of Steel Sequel - TBD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news!
I'm sure that after the events portrayed in BvS and his comeback in JL, Superman will finally have come into his own.

I assume Snyder will still be directing, but it'd be interesting if they got someone different.p

Either way, I'm on board for a new Supes film!

I think they should "James Bond" Supes out to another actor and do a soft reboot of his MOS origins but otherwise keep the current BvS/SS universe intact. I think there's just too much baggage with Cavill at this point and he needs to be the "Andrew Garfield" sacrificial lamb. Then when Superman talks about coming to earth and battling Zod in MOS2 audiences can have an easier time pretending that it was an alternate but cool origin that overlaps just enough to keep other continuity intact.

Or just pull a TFA and after they introduce a new actor then never, ever reference the events of MOS again.

That could be a slick workaround.

But I'd feel bad for Cavill, he can very well play a perfect classic Supes and he deserves the chance. So I would be against that sort of thing.

Cavill just hasn't done it for me. He's classic dark Supes but I really hope they go with a fresh face that has 5+ expressions. The actor needs to capture all of the emotions of Supes, being an alien that doesn't fit in. Sounds dorky, I know, but that's what I loved about superman in the comics. You could relate to those emotional experiences that he had. Dude was lonely and yet still had hope.

Cavill isn't the problem IMO. It was always the direction Snyder decided to go.

He doesn't play a bad Supes, it's just that it's not the Supes everyone wanted or expected. I personally don't have any issues with him but I hope they give him better material in future films.

Cavill is perfectly capable of all that, it's not his fault BvS required him to be frowning the whole time.

There's a few instances in MoS where he smiles and he's charming, hell he's charming in real life.

Watch the sadfleck video, while Affleck is there looking sorry for himself, Cavill is looking at the bright side of things, with a bright look and a smile. I don't think there's many actors right now that are more perfect for Supes than Cavill.

Cavill looked the part and seems like a nice guy but I think he dropped the ball at some really crucial moments forcing Affleck to pick up his slack (the bat is dead/save martha, etc.) And it seemed like he didn't even try to make Clark Kent a different person than Superman. Either way I think he just has a stigma now that began in MOS and the DCEU as a whole will continue to carry it in some fashion as long as he continues to be a part of it.

I think they should "James Bond" Supes out to another actor and do a soft reboot of his MOS origins but otherwise keep the current BvS/SS universe intact. I think there's just too much baggage with Cavill at this point and he needs to be the "Andrew Garfield" sacrificial lamb. Then when Superman talks about coming to earth and battling Zod in MOS2 audiences can have an easier time pretending that it was an alternate but cool origin that overlaps just enough to keep other continuity intact.

Or just pull a TFA and after they introduce a new actor then never, ever reference the events of MOS again.

That could be a slick workaround.

But I'd feel bad for Cavill, he can very well play a perfect classic Supes and he deserves the chance. So I would be against that sort of thing.

Cavill just hasn't done it for me. He's classic dark Supes but I really hope they go with a fresh face that has 5+ expressions. The actor needs to capture all of the emotions of Supes, being an alien that doesn't fit in. Sounds dorky, I know, but that's what I loved about superman in the comics. You could relate to those emotional experiences that he had. Dude was lonely and yet still had hope.

Cavill isn't the problem IMO. It was always the direction Snyder decided to go.

He doesn't play a bad Supes, it's just that it's not the Supes everyone wanted or expected. I personally don't have any issues with him but I hope they give him better material in future films.

Cavill is perfectly capable of all that, it's not his fault BvS required him to be frowning the whole time.

There's a few instances in MoS where he smiles and he's charming, hell he's charming in real life.

Watch the sadfleck video, while Affleck is there looking sorry for himself, Cavill is looking at the bright side of things, with a bright look and a smile. I don't think there's many actors right now that are more perfect for Supes than Cavill.

Cavill looked the part and seems like a nice guy but I think he dropped the ball at some really crucial moments forcing Affleck to pick up his slack (the bat is dead/save martha, etc.) And it seemed like he didn't even try to make Clark Kent a different person than Superman. Either way I think he just has a stigma now that began in MOS and the DCEU as a whole will continue to carry it in some fashion as long as he's around.

Back