Optibotimus Reviews: Sideshow Collectibles 1/6th scale: SUPERMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the review, Optibotimus!

I'm not liking it even half as much I like Batman, though it could be much better in hand. Congrats to all who are getting him!

Thanks for the review, Optibotimus!

I'm not liking it even half as much I like Batman, though it could be much better in hand. Congrats to all who are getting him!

It's a great review. But i will be calling Sideshow to cancel mine.
Neck doesn't match the colour of the heads, and the pegs don't match the colour of the hands.
Body is too skinny, and the suit is terrible.
Thanks for the review! Saved me a bit of cash, lol.

It's a great review. But i will be calling Sideshow to cancel mine.
Neck doesn't match the colour of the heads, and the pegs don't match the colour of the hands.
Body is too skinny, and the suit is terrible.
Thanks for the review! Saved me a bit of cash, lol.

Well i'm glad i could help LOL Except i don't understand the "too skinny" thing. You're not the only one to say that. I look over at my Hot Toys Christopher Reeve Superman and he's pretty skinny. I think it's a stylistic approach that they went with to not have him all Henry Cavill buff. Which is fine with me cause i think the body fits that look that i prefer. As for the suit, the only thing i think is off on him is the belt really. The softer cape i don't particularly like, but at least their is an alternative for that.

Well i'm glad i could help LOL Except i don't understand the "too skinny" thing. You're not the only one to say that. I look over at my Hot Toys Christopher Reeve Superman and he's pretty skinny. I think it's a stylistic approach that they went with to not have him all Henry Cavill buff. Which is fine with me cause i think the body fits that look that i prefer. As for the suit, the only thing i think is off on him is the belt really. The softer cape i don't particularly like, but at least their is an alternative for that.

I have defended this figure again and again in it's own thread. But the waist is too thin, and also the neck/jaw has too much of a difference for the man of steel from comics. It's not being judged on Chris REEVE(No s at the end, lol...), but on the comic style of the source they are using for the figure.
Also, the colour issues with neck/head and pegs/hands has put me off.
Pity. I was looking forward to this one!

I'm Stoked! The Exclusive head will be sought after and glad i ordered. I been waiting to see how this turns out wish you would've shown all the heads and a flying pose but look's like a fun figure. Just needs good posing like at the end of video. The EXclusive head is bad a$$!

If anything i'm suprised to hear would cancel User. If anything could use for more superman, with xtra cape's n heads this one will be not hard to get a 2nd or 3rd figure out of this release.

If anything i'm suprised to hear would cancel User. If anything could use for more superman, with xtra cape's n heads this one will be not hard to get a 2nd or 3rd figure out of this release.

I can buy parts. But for some reason, seeing the review made me realise i don't need the full figure.
It's not meant to cause any offence to anyone who still wants it.
I'll spend the cash on something else, that's all.

Great job on the review. As much as I wanted to get this figure, too many things stick out to me. I have the PF for the comic representation and that's just fine with me.

I can buy parts. But for some reason, seeing the review made me realise i don't need the full figure.
It's not meant to cause any offence to anyone who still wants it.
I'll spend the cash on something else, that's all.

And as always my friend, i'm just happy i was able to help out in any way shape or form :)

always enjoy ur review Optibotimus, but seeing what SS did with batman, superman is really downgrade in terms of the quality. The body looks very thin, the head sculpt just super off and weird i just dont see that as a superman. and about the cape, with all the experience and quality with sideshow had, they came out with this idea for putting the cape on,

they did very good job on PF superman, they should stick with that superman and produce into 1/6 scale. come on sideshow, you can do better then this.

nice review. to me this is 100% what i expected. its a decent figure but its superman, no surprises to be had here. i definitely plan on trying to bash together a 2nd figure as others mentioned.

I agree with the reviewer that sideshow are knocking their DC line out of the park, but the releases have been slow. too slow in my opinion, their isn't even another up for PO right now. This line has legs, i hope sideshow take some chances and give us a deathstroke, penguin or somebody other than mainstream big 7 JLA.

I'm Stoked! The Exclusive head will be sought after and glad i ordered. I been waiting to see how this turns out wish you would've shown all the heads and a flying pose but look's like a fun figure. Just needs good posing like at the end of video. The EXclusive head is bad a$$!

Hey, Highlander, unless I'm mistaken, the head is part of the regular release. The exclusive is the hand holding Metallo's head!:)

Hey, Highlander, unless I'm mistaken, the head is part of the regular release. The exclusive is the hand holding Metallo's head!:)

Mettallo's head is what i was talking about and glad i ordered exclusive.

Thank you all very much for the kind words on the video. I had done a small promotional video that went up on Sideshows youtube channel that sadly, was met with far less than favorable criticism and is going to get taken down by them. It's unfortunate because i worked very hard on that video, so it's nice to hear positive feedback on my regular one that you all watched here. Again, thank you very much. I wish the rest of the community was as kind as you all.

wow ,what was the perceived problem with your review ,did they not like your opinion or the product ?,

wow ,what was the perceived problem with your review ,did they not like your opinion or the product ?,

Based on the comments i read, they didn't like ME doing the video. Over 7 years of doing reviews, there are bound to be people that don't like me. That's perfectly fine. It's just unfortunate because as i said, i put a lot of work into that 2 minute video i did. So essentially, the problem people had, was with me doing it. I didn't give any opinions in the video. It was just a promotional piece i did. From what i was told from people within Sideshow, they got a lot of "weird feedback" and apparently, the white background blew the figure out some. Which i don't get entirely. I know that my videos are bright, but i personally thought that you could see everything clearly. At any rate, as i said, it's nice hearing good things to combat the bad ones.

Back