Optibotimus Reviews: Sideshow Collectibles 1/6th scale: SUPERMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I think yours are ones of the more professional looking reviews. No offense to the styles of others, but some videos seem to be more about the reviewer than the item. I really don't have time for those videos. Yours are concise and are about what's important - the product.

The thing with reviewers reviewing the figure 1st is you make sure can deliver or lynch mob forum comments start if figure turns out less then expected. I watch a lot of reviews and Love when reviewer just sets a few cool poses and talks about the figure options of displaying him. Instead of just talking about the figure while in the box. Sean Long does this a lot just blah , blah , blah SHUT UP ! and SHOW the FIGURE in DECENT POSE'S . I heard OPT say he is not a GOOD POSER of figure's well I'M SORRY if You review you should consider learning to pose figure's better for better enjoyment when watching your reviews. Opt you do a good job just wish would think about us fans before reviewing. We WAIT UP TO 2 years for the figure and would like some reviewers to be as happy & hyped up as us collectors when get these figure's and take a little while to know the figure and pose and then review showing the best a figure can be. I mean no offense OPT i just offering thought's on doing further review's. Keep up the review's sir.

Last edited:
That's where I disagree with you Highlander.

I think posing isn't and shouldn't be an issue. Most of us will just use a museum pose. A good review should just show the figure as it is out of the box. If it looks good out of the box, then it's a good figure. If it requires fancy posing and lighting to make it look good, then it's bad!

Clearly, here, we seem to have the second option...:(

Learning how to pose figures well is a plus, but is not a must to be a good reviewer, IMO. If so, I would tell comic reviewers to know how to draw first.

Michael Crawford, if I'm not mistaken, also claims that he is not a good futzer/poser. But he's among the top reviewers.

I look forward to seeing how the articulation goes, what to take care of, what issues we should watch out for, how the paint is done, how the tailoring was executed in mass production, to name a few. To pose it well is for the collector to do. Besides, these people are reviewing, not really advertising.

And why try to be happy and as hyped as any fan if the reviewer isn't, objectively? If I may say so, those are traits that make people dislike Sean Long, for everything is awesome in his end.

Learning how to pose figures well is a plus, but is not a must to be a good reviewer, IMO. If so, I would tell comic reviewers to know how to draw first.

Michael Crawford, if I'm not mistaken, also claims that he is not a good futzer/poser. But he's among the top reviewers.

I look forward to seeing how the articulation goes, what to take care of, what issues we should watch out for, how the paint is done, how the tailoring was executed in mass production, to name a few. To pose it well is for the collector to do. Besides, these people are reviewing, not really advertising.

And why try to be happy and as hyped as any fan if the reviewer isn't, objectively? If I may say so, those are traits that make people dislike Sean Long, for everything is awesome in his end.

Crawford may not go for the most dynamic poses, but his photography does show off a figure accurately - that's why his reviews are valuable.

Paul you are my favorite reviewer by FAR. Only other person who comes close is Flyguy but he mostly does Star Wars. I like that you give your honest opinion and not Sean "everything is awesome" Long.

Yes, I think yours are ones of the more professional looking reviews. No offense to the styles of others, but some videos seem to be more about the reviewer than the item. I really don't have time for those videos. Yours are concise and are about what's important - the product.

Optibotimus you have overall really great reviews.....i do wish you would keep your hands out of the camera shot when not holding or manipulating the figure, its distracting.

You go into an amazing amount of detail and your honesty is such an asset to other collecters i really appriciate the work you do.

Optibotomus... I always enjoy your reviews, so keep up the good work!
The only constructive criticism I would give towards all reviewers, is to spend 10-20 minutes on research, before creating the review. I understand you all want to get it out on the web as soon as possible, I'm sure getting out ahead really adds to the hit counts and such, but I've found only a few reviewers take the time to properly know the product they are reviewing. Although some folk don't like Sean Long for being too positive, he does typically have a decent knowledge of both the piece he is reviewing, and the source material. For example, on the recent SSC Batman review which SSC is showing in their email newsletter, the guys reviewing didn't know that he came with both a high stand (for leaping/flight poses) and a low stand for standing. Or for the new Hot Toys MMS238 Terminator, many reviewers don't know that the curved left hand is for holding the pump of the shotgun, or the barrel of the rifle. I've seen many reviews where the folks reviewing did not know which piece is the "Exclusive" addition. I've heard countless reviewers remark "I don't know if he looked like that", or "I don't know if he used this weapon", etc., when reviewing a figure or toy.

I'm of the opinion, that if you are going to consider yourself a reviewer, and post reviews, you should also consider yourself a resource. For me, knowledge of the product, and a relevant knowledge of the source material, is more important that being a good poser, or whether or not your hands are in the shot.

That's where I disagree with you Highlander.

I think posing isn't and shouldn't be an issue. Most of us will just use a museum pose. A good review should just show the figure as it is out of the box. If it looks good out of the box, then it's a good figure. If it requires fancy posing and lighting to make it look good, then it's bad!

Clearly, here, we seem to have the second option...:(

I have to disagree. Almost all figures require posing (not necessarily lighting) to look good. If you take any figure... any figure.... out of the box and just stand it up, they will all look less than what they can be, or less than what they are meant to be. Even the best Hot Toys need to be properly posed. It gives them life. Even "Museum" poses must be done correctly for the figure to look good.

Was a great review Paul. The delivery of your reviews are cool and somewhat unique (with the hands). I enjoyed your reviews and even bought my daughter the talking Lots O Huggins bear based on your review on it. Don't fret, you are bound to have detractors who are not used to or like your style but I think they help consumers more than not in deciding their purchase.
I won't be getting this superman but that has to do with the product itself.
Keep it up.

Back