Need help with Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 5 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinlunlau

Super Freak
Reaction score
My friend is having trouble with his Hot Toys Iron Man mk 5 figurine. Peg on the wrist broke off and the wiring on its wrist is showing. Anyone know if there is a fix to this little problem?

62a558084b3b8bdca274834a3cff6469.jpg
3742b82928f18941ad05a673d899e347.jpg
2cf57907419dc0209d94034a4e11e109.jpg

Dont expect any help from this place. They will make jokes and bash you for being a new member.

Anyways here is my suggestion (I don't own this figure so I am just throwing out ideas)

Could a piece of double side tape hold it in place if place on the inside of the arm? Or maybe a fold up a small piece of duck tape and place it on the inner edges of the arm?

Yep. Mine is the exact same way. I use a tiny bit of blu-tack in places to hold the peg in around the wrist area. Not the best solution but it at least allows me to pose my MK V without the hands constantly dropping off. I am sure there are people here who have had better success with this very common issue.

Dont expect any help from this place. They will make jokes and bash you for being a new member.

Anyways here is my suggestion (I don't own this figure so I am just throwing out ideas)

Could a piece of double side tape hold it in place if place on the inside of the arm? Or maybe a fold up a small piece of duck tape and place it on the inner edges of the arm?
Jesus Christ dude stop bitching and whining like a little girl...if you can't handle the heat get out of the freaks forum. Be helpful or shut your mouth.
Anyway tinlulau what your friend could do is fraught up superglue the hand back on although he would lose the features of the hand it would still be on the figure.

The good news is the LED didn't shatter. You can try and pry out the black, plastic casing that snapped into the wrist with a tweezer. If you can remove that and reatttach it to the LED you should be back in business. though I'd never move it ever again.

Jesus Christ dude stop bitching and whining like a little girl...if you can't handle the heat get out of the freaks forum. Be helpful or shut your mouth.
Anyway tinlulau what your friend could do is fraught up superglue the hand back on although he would lose the features of the hand it would still be on the figure.
Lol! I couldn't care less about forum bashers. Well, i showed my friend this forum thread and will see what he has to say.

I'll have to check with my buddies in Hong Kong and see if anyone knows people at Hot Toys. My name says it all. I'm sort of a Hong Konger.

So you delete my post but not his, even though he insulted me and was rude. WOW.

You were the one starting the fire with your first post. Man I dont know you and I dont want to argue with you. But in all kindness, if you dont like the board, why dont you simply leave it or stop posting here? No offense intended but why hassle with something you seem to not like? There are other boards and sources out there. Facebook OSR for example is a great source. Just saying... If you decide to stay however, you should just start to flow with the rest and stop arguing. Its really not worth it. :duff

Back on topic:

I remember this BS arms were available widely. If you are lucky I have one left in my parts bin. If you can get your hands on one of these, a relativly easy switch should be the best way to go... I will come back to you tonight.
Otherwise you can post in our "want to buy" section. Maybe someone else has one left and would be willing to sell it at cost.
Besides other opinions, this board is usually very helpful. :duff

I'd just buy a new arm. Then resell the broken one as a project. Get about half the cost back, and then have a perfect arm.

Outside of that he's gotta be willing to do some glue work. And be careful about it. The formula of superglue will actually "melt" the plastic. So you gotta be very careful. And even then if he does it perfect there's a good chance it will break again. If the stock non-weak one broke when he was doing whatever with it, a superglue version is a lot more likely to re-break.

That's my two cents.

There's mark 5 parts on eBay btw. I checked before I posted. I've had a set of arms and a set of legs on my watch list for 27 days. They are there

Back