Favorite film Score/Soundtrack?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chev

Super Freak
Reaction score
Greetings film buffs!

I did a search and didn't see any topics concerning Film Scores and Soundtracks. Post your favorite scores, soundtracks, composers, etc.

Here's a few of mine

big.jpg

My favorite film score of all time. I like the film a lot, but the soundtrack is better than the film, in my opinion. "Journey to the line" is one of the most haunting things I've ever heard.

th

The soundtrack to "A Clockwork Orange" is just as crazy, odd, and brilliant as the film!

schindlers-list-title.jpg

One of John Williams's most moving film scores. He is truly a master of film music.

Favourite would probably be Superman: The Movie, John Williams.

His Superman theme pwns all. Perfect for the character, and perfect as a listening experience in isolation.

I love all The Lord of the Rings EE soundtracks and The Hobbit. Which probably shocks nobody. :lol I also love The Lord of the Rings Symphony and the OST to The Lord of the Rings: The War in the North.

There are multiple others that I love. I have right now 91 OST Albums on my Iphone.

tough to narrow down, but here are a few that get heavy rotation...
I dont usually care for traditional orchestral soundtracks.

moon_cover.jpg
drivesdtk.jpg

fountain.gif
taxidriver.gif

I'm sure there are going to be a million Williams/Shore shoutouts but even though it isn't my favorite score I've got to give props to the music of:

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

I don't know if I can think of another movie where the music transcends the film itself so profoundly.

Tron Legacy by Daft Punk

Danny Elfman:
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Batman 1989
Wanted

The Pirates Of The Caribbean by Hans Zimmerman.

The Star Wars trilogy by John Williams

Drive sound track was good!

Got a few, first blood, black caeser(great hip hop samples)taxi driver,drive,blues brothers to name a few.

I have quite a few favorites:

Alan Silvestri
- The Avengers

Hans Zimmer
- Jack Sparrow's theme/s
- Molossus
- Sherlock Holmes theme
- Flight
- What Are You Going To Do When You Are Not Saving the World?
- Arcade

Howard Shore
- Concerning Hobbits
- Breaking of the Fellowship
- Rohan themes
- Evenstar
- March of the Galadhrim (Last segment of The Hornburg)
- Forth Eorlingas
- Ride of the Rohirrim
- Into the West, Annie Lennox

John Williams
- All the Star Wars martial tracks
- Superman theme
- The Planet Krypton

Patrick Doyle
- Prologue
- Sons of Odin

In no particular order:

John Williams:
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Empire Strikes Back
HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban
War of the Worlds
Minority Report
Close Encounters of the Third Kind

There Will Be Blood - Johnny Greenwood

Atonement - Daio Marianelli

The Prestige - David Julyan

Inception - Hans Zimmer

I love all The Lord of the Rings EE soundtracks and The Hobbit. Which probably shocks nobody. :lol I also love The Lord of the Rings Symphony and the OST to The Lord of the Rings: The War in the North.

There are multiple others that I love. I have right now 91 OST Albums on my Iphone.

I actually really enjoy the EE soundtracks too. I only have ROTK. The other two were really expensive to purchase.

(Predictably) I'm gonna say Howard Shore's Lord of the Rings soundtracks, although I do like the Star Wars ones as well.

Back