Play Arts Anime Style DC Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pics from Toyark.Scroll down for more
https://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fai...enix-play-arts-kai-figure-images-part-2-7276/

_DSC4423_1360527212.jpg

_DSC4432_1360527274.jpg

_DSC4434_1360527274.jpg

_DSC4440_1360527274.jpg

_DSC4446_1360527370.jpg

_DSC4466_1360527501.jpg

_DSC4464_1360527501.jpg

Last edited:
Looks more like "Final Fantasy" style instead of simply being "anime" (well this is Square Enix after all so....)

I'm already getting their Nolanverse figures, but I'll admit these look cool in their own right. Would be great if they'd branch out beyond the heroes and actually make their own renditions of the villains.

Looks like a woman to me, as well. Wonder Woman looks pretty good, as does Huntress (Batgirl?). The others. . .ugh. Flash looks like Guyver. Why?

Looks more like "Final Fantasy" style instead of simply being "anime" (well this is Square Enix after all so....)

I'm already getting their Nolanverse figures, but I'll admit these look cool in their own right. Would be great if they'd branch out beyond the heroes and actually make their own renditions of the villains.

Final Fantasy looks like anime to me :dunno :lol I don't watch anime/read manga so the technical terms to this style I don't know. Just made the thread b/c no one else did

These do look really cool. Im definitely going to get their Nolan Trilogy figures. :)

Wonder Woman here looks fantastic!!!!
yea I dig their Joker and Bats

Batgirl and Flash look like SICK characters in full armor, definitely tempted to put those on the to-buy list.

Wonder Woman looks amazing as well, so she's probably going on the list too.

Batman look cool.... but he doesn't feel special. He doesn't seem like anything we haven't already gotten with the Batman variant costume action figures from the older Batman Animated Series cartoons.

Green Lantern looks really off, though. His head sculpt screams more Robin to me than Green Lantern.

I also wonder how come there's no showing of any armored Superman?

These do look really cool. Im definitely going to get their Nolan Trilogy figures. :)

Wonder Woman here looks fantastic!!!!

Dont like these, hoewever i do agree that the nolan bat series look pretty good. Will decide later when its out if i wanna pick em up or not.

For a second, there, I thought Guy Gardner had a sex change.

:lol:lol

Ugh, Green Lantern looks like the lesbian chick from Sex and the City. Don't like any of these except Wonder Woman. Flash looks like a Metal Gear Solid reject to me.

Maybe I'll pick up WW and Superman to flesh out the Arkham line a little bit. I've been hoping SE would attempt a wider run at the DCU, but I'm disappointed. They just look too stylized to me.

Final Fantasy looks like anime to me :dunno :lol I don't watch anime/read manga so the technical terms to this style I don't know. Just made the thread b/c no one else did

Oh no don't worry, not really being technical myself. Rather I was musing about how the designs looked awfully like something that came out of Final Fantasy so it felt more appropriate to say that it was FF-inspired. Doesn't really help that it's Square Enix that's making them. :lol

Play arts has terrible quality control. I'd be more excited about their stuff if the final product didn't look like zombies.

Back