Hot Tyos as an Investment - Useful or Not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collecting_marvel

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi Sideshow-Collectors,

this is my first post in here. I just want to know if Hot Toys are useful for investment or not.

I looking forward to buy the MMS 156 Captain America 1/6 Figure.
I woud like to buy this one becaus i like the Marvel Products and especially the Captain America figure from the Movies. Now I'm considering to buy this figure and hope that these price gets high.

I am also sure that the price will not rise within two days, so I would like to know how you stand on this topic.

This was my first question, my second is about to get this figure. Searching on Google, Stores or other the figure will be sold around 225 Dollar without shipping (New, Box seald and other).

But i found an Ebay-Seller who will sell this Figure for 220$ or best offer with free shipping. It will be send from Hong Kong. I send him an Emaill, in which I wanted to know whether it is an original product. He answerd me with a Yes. But if i woud return the Figure i have to pay for transport. My Question is now, what do u think of these topic? And where do u prefer to buy these kind of figures?

So much questions for my first posting, but i´m sure that i´m here at he right place.

Thank you so much, and it woud be nice to here from u soon.

so far.... :)

Figures are rather unpredictable when it comes to making your money back after the fact.

Yes, it's rather hard to be for certain if a figure will rise in value or not. There are usually a short amount of time where a figure will be at it's highest but you need to know when that is.

Last edited:
say-hello.gif

Get the stuff that you like.

Buy the toys, not the hype.

Unless its the early HT stuff I wondn't even think about making money on them. They seemed to have raised production to insane levels these days.

Buying Hot Toys as an investment kinda went out the window once The Avengers age of collectors arrived, every single figure that's came out over the last 18 months can probably still be bought at retail price and consequently you'll be lucky to get your money back if you were to sell any of those figures now

"Hot Toys as Investment" is only useful as an excuse for buying these overpriced stuff. :lol

Trust me there are much more profitable ventures out there.

Hot Toys figures were good investments for a period of time. No more in my opinion. Too many being made, and too many people buying solely with the intention to flip.

I'll reiterate what other people have said: only buy the ones you want.

Due to reasons, I had to sell a couple of figures on eBay... and neither one ended up selling for a profit.

Look at it this way: you can still buy most of the figures from the last year, including the SDCC "exclusive" Cap.

It's a fun hobby, but I'm becoming much more selective in what I buy. HT is increasing their production numbers while jacking up their prices... so I would not count on these being a good investment.

In short. No.

In long. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ht have increased their production numbers to beyond early sideshow star wars levels. And raised prices to boot. The days of flipping hot toys for insane cash are long gone.

Lol, I remember reading a few threads at Marvelous forums over time where the plan was to buy a bunch of 3.75" MU figures, wait 20 or 30 years and then sell the 'gold' on e.Bay, haha. Don't know how anyone can seriously look at this stuff and think about making a profit.

It's a good investment in that if you find yourself no longer enjoying the toy, there's always someone willing to buy it off you and most likely you'll only get hit with depreciation. Big deal since you've enjoyed your time with it anyway. It holds fair value well when it comes time to sell but don't expect to make much profit if any.

I don't see how they're not a good investment, IF your only going to buy them in turn to sell them in the future, most HTs go up in value once they have sold out and when finding them on Ebay is the only way you can get your hands on them after that

I think it just comes down to whether or not you know your going to keep the figure for the long run or if you have any doubts that we may have to sell it down the line, I personally don't buy a figure unless I know I'm going to keep it, even thought some of the figures I own have already doubled in value

Back