How much do you spend per month????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR Regan

Super Freak
Reaction score
As title how much hard earned wonga are you guys spending per month on figures/statues.

I've cut right back on buying Blu Ray steelbooks and seem to be focusing more on Figures/Statues :dunno

Average prolly $300 a month on figures.

As for bluray/dvds, with netflix I've only bought 2 in the last year. I look at the 350 dvds on the shelf and think of how much money I could have saved.

Hard for me to say. I did a little cut back and not much interest me now anyway. I've been spending some wongadough on materials to get me started on custom projects that I like to start eventually. So basically 4 statues per year so far.

it really depends on when the statues get released or whether or not ebay has the rare ones i want. I dont set a limit. For oct to dec i got $200 ebay bucks so it means i spent ~$10000, or $3000 a month. Add on the sideshowtoy.com pre-orders that got released, probably $3500 a month net net.

But i do sell statues too that I no longer want to recoup some of the cost.

Never bought any blurays or dvds, it's such a waste of money. I just rent them from netflix.

$2000,from the day I collect, now I need to spend $200 since my baby is coming out soon.

I've cut right back on buying Blu Ray steelbooks

I'm just starting to do that, cut down. Since l got my blu ray player 1/2 months ago l have spent about $350-$400 on blu rays. Many l got 50% of specials at Best Buy and Future Shop. i dont mind that amount because if l bought them at discount and it would of been almost $1000 if l didn't shop around for the best prices.

l also spent lots in the last month on posters and poster frames.

Just got a bill for items spread across 2 months which is a total of 1676.91 EUR. Do your maths. :monkey1

when times were good at work i would easily drop $1000 per month on my hobbies

now that times are a little slimmer...let's just say that i am tired of peanut butter sandwiches for lunch :D

Started collecting hot toys in November 2011' spent a total of 5000 dollars getting 18 figures from hot toys catalogue all except for captain America were sold out figures.

Maybe $50-$75 a month on this kind of thing. I buy two or three high-end figures a year most of the time ... just the stuff I like most from the few franchises I collect -- Batman, 24, Indiana Jones, Superman and a few one-off guys (like Bourne, Bond, Justified, Die Hard, The Unit ... if they ever made them).

SnakeDoc

As for bluray/dvds, with netflix I've only bought 2 in the last year. I look at the 350 dvds on the shelf and think of how much money I could have saved.
I'm the same way. I've got so many damn DVDs I've wasted money on. Boxes and boxes worth, and that's after making several trips to the Wherehouse Music to sell off ones I didn't want anymore. CDs I can justify a bit more because I'll listen to them multiple times, but movies? Usually once if at all unless it's a movie I really love like Big Lebowski or Aliens. Now, I usually only buy TV shows (since I never watch them when the actually air, and it feels like a better bargain) or discounted stuff from Hastings when they have shipping deals. . .like today.

Maybe $50-$75 a month on this kind of thing. I buy two or three high-end figures a year most of the time ... just the stuff I like most from the few franchises I collect -- Batman, 24, Indiana Jones, Superman and a few one-off guys (like Bourne, Bond, Justified, Die Hard, The Unit ... if they ever made them).

SnakeDoc

Same here. Really don't spend that much anymore. I don't know how some of you guys spend almost $500 a month on this stuff :cuckoo:

Back