James Gunn reinstated for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disney looks stupid back flipping like that. How about don't overreact in the first place!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Come on look at the bigger picture. This was all a ruse to get Gunn inside the DC compound. As soon as he got the info Disney wanted they hired him back

Where is the outrage on this change? All spent up on Brie?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Most people I know who don't have an issue with Brie Larson don't also have an issue with this. James Gunn said some vile ugly stupid ****, which many, even myself agreed... if you didn't, then you're messed up, but it was also years ago and he has since changed from that place in his life. Him getting fired for past crap that was years old was ridiculous. Liberal or conservative heads should all agree, if you make a mistake fine, after all we all have said stupid crap... difference is it doesn't always get out there on a large scale like this has... It's still been an embarrassing spectacle for Gunn, and one he truly wished had never happened, but he's been rehired to direct the movie he was fired from.

The takeaway should only be positive. A lot of people deserve another chance, and he definitely is one that deserves it. Let's move on. :)

Most people I know who don't have an issue with Brie Larson don't also have an issue with this. James Gunn said some vile ugly stupid ****, which many, even myself agreed... if you didn't, then you're messed up, but it was also years ago and he has since changed from that place in his life. Him getting fired for past crap that was years old was ridiculous. Liberal or conservative heads should all agree, if you make a mistake fine, after all we all have said stupid crap... difference is it doesn't always get out there on a large scale like this has... It's still been an embarrassing spectacle for Gunn, and one he truly wished had never happened, but he's been rehired to direct the movie he was fired from.

The takeaway should only be positive. A lot of people deserve another chance, and he definitely is one that deserves it. Let's move on. :)

Well said.

Don't fool yourselves. Disney never seriously intended to fire Gunn. That was nothing more than a bone they threw to the Twitter mob that was howling for his blood. The proof is after Gunn’s firing Marvel and Disney never undertook a serious search for his replacement. They knew they didn’t have to. They knew most online mobs have short attention spans and would move on to the next outrage. All that was needed was to make a token gesture to validate their outrage, wait a “respectful” amount of time, and then rehire Gunn.

Where is the outrage on this change? All spent up on Brie?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

The key difference is Gunn’s comments were from years back. Yes, they were vile and disgusting, but it just looks like cringe humor gone way off the rails. There is zero evidence that Gunn is a pedophile. Thats something you don’t grow out of.

Brie Larson’s comments reflected who she is now.

It’s fair to call them both out. But neither of them should lose their lively hood because of it.

As far as GotG films go, I think this is great news. Really enjoyed the first film, thought the second was okay. I thought he had signed on for Suicide Squad 2 though?

Regarding his multitude of past remarks pertaining to pedophilia and rape, I agree that Gunn shouldn’t have been fired based alone on past comments made. Just like Kevin Hart shouldn’t have been blacklisted from hosting any award shows in Hollywood for some joking remarks he made in the past about homosexuality, and despite his genuine apology about how those jokes in no way reflect who he is now, he wasn’t given a pass and was burned at the stake. Joy Reid made some remarks in an old blog about homosexuality that weren’t made in jest. She admitted it, apologized for it, then later tried to blame it on someone else. However, nobody made a peep about that. So if we’re now moving to a point where we’re impugning people’s current character, demanding they be fired and essentially ruining their livelihoods based solely on comments they’ve made in the past, what are we going to objectively base each case on if it’s a case by case basis? Perceived intent? As long as they apologize? If their apology at least seems genuine? Whether we personally like that person or not? Three of those are subjective with one of those three involving bias, and not objective.

I realize that not everything is black and white or right and wrong. That’s why ethics exist. However, if we start moving towards a subjective (what it seems, if true, what it means to me, who I like, who I don’t like, who I agree with, who I don’t agree with, I’m offended, etc.) based society that’s based on feelings and subjectivity and ignores objectivity and facts, and we can’t agree on a basic absolute moral set of standards that we’re going to hold everyone equally accountable to, that’s going to make for quite a slippery slope, because where will it end?

Man there is a point where it is no joke anymore. If you do it once or twice it can be okay...but this is a touchy subject anyway...but what he did is beyond a joke...use you head man. I am a coach...I am teaching tons of kids to be boxers...I am pretty known in my country and I have tons of champions...what do you think would happen to me if I start jokes like that about children? I would lose my job in an instant (and rightly so)...also If my colleague would do something like that I would fire him in seconds. He has a job because of money and greed by a company. That is it. I don't want to sound bad...and it is not against you and I don't mean to offend you but maybe you are not yet mature enough to realize that...and dont have kids...or if you have than you have a serious problem if this is okay for you. I am sure not a sane person in a world would let their children play or stay with a guy like that after comments like this...or do you? Hopefully you have enough brain not to do that. Also try to do this at your workplace...tell Pedophil jokes or write them on your personal profile...and lets see how will this work out for you...or even at your friend circle...and do it tons of times like Gunn did.

Yeah he said sorry...but obviously there is more going on with him at the subject...ask a psychologist for example. He has problems...serious ones...even if he did not committed actually anything in real life...just wrote about it. And don't forget he was adult big time when he tweeted those...not a 14 year old kid. And he did it way too many times.

Way too many immature people say they are okay with Gunn...but I am sure if this thing would happen with them...in their circle...they opinion quickly would turn to a different direction. You don't joke about pedophillia, killing people etc. like he did.

I am not saying don't forgive them...not at all...but these people need help.

Last edited:
Anyone who thought the guy was serious was a moron. Bad taste? Certainly, but it's freedom of speech. Disney only changed their mind for money, but I'm glad they did. Now Brie Larsen....well!!!!

It’s important to point out Gunn’s tweets were originally made public years ago, and he apologized for them back then. Disney still hired him to direct GOTG already knowing all about the controversy. Like I posted before they only "pretend' fire him, and the decision to re-hire him was made months ago.

Man there is a point where it is no joke anymore. If you do it once or twice it can be okay...but this is a touchy subject anyway...but what he did is beyond a joke...use you head man. I am a coach...I am teaching tons of kids to be boxers...I am pretty known in my country and I have tons of champions...what do you think would happen to me if I start jokes like that about children? I would lose my job in an instant (and rightly so)...also If my colleague would do something like that I would fire him in seconds. He has a job because of money and greed by a company. That is it. I don't want to sound bad...and it is not against you and I don't mean to offend you but maybe you are not yet mature enough to realize that...and dont have kids...or if you have than you have a serious problem if this is okay for you. I am sure not a sane person in a world would let their children play or stay with a guy like that after comments like this...or do you? Hopefully you have enough brain not to do that. Also try to do this at your workplace...tell Pedophil jokes or write them on your personal profile...and lets see how will this work out for you...or even at your friend circle...and do it tons of times like Gunn did.

Yeah he said sorry...but obviously there is more going on with him at the subject...ask a psychologist for example. He has problems...serious ones...even if he did not committed actually anything in real life...just wrote about it. And don't forget he was adult big time when he tweeted those...not a 14 year old kid. And he did it way too many times.

Way too many immature people say they are okay with Gunn...but I am sure if this thing would happen with them...in their circle...they opinion quickly would turn to a different direction. You don't joke about pedophillia, killing people etc. like he did.

I am not saying don't forgive them...not at all...but these people need help.

I cant remember all the comments...I remember him attending or putting on a "to catch a Predator" themed party... He seemed to have been preoccupied with the subject for sure.

I agree.. Most people would not survive these types of comments in the real world.. But nobody ever accused Hollywood of being the real world.

I personally am not comfortable with ruining someone's life over jokes done in poor taste or comments made in the past.

But if you are going to.. Pedophile jokes and Pedophile themed parties might be an ok exception :lol

I personally am not comfortable with ruining someone's life over jokes done in poor taste or comments made in the past.

But if you are going to.. Pedophile jokes and Pedophile themed parties might be an ok exception :lol

:exactly:

If that’s the road we’re going down now as a society, one is going to have to explain to me now why past comments regarding pedophilia and rape are given a pass, but past comments making jokes about homosexuality are to never be forgiven, unless you’re Joy Reid. :lol

:exactly:

If that’s the road we’re going down now as a society, one is going to have to explain to me now why past comments regarding pedophilia and rape are given a pass, but past comments making jokes about homosexuality are to never be forgiven, unless you’re Joy Reid. :lol

It all comes down were you fall on the intersectionality Ladder.

It all comes down were you fall on the intersectionality Ladder.

In identity politics, where you’re always searching for new victim classes, you always have to end up eating your own at some point. There’s always going to be overlap.

In identity politics, where you’re always searching for new victim classes, you always have to end up eating your own at some point. There’s always going to be overlap.

It will always ends this way!
AnimalFarm1-660x349-660x349.jpg

What gets me about Disney firing him in the first place is that it's common knowledge Gunn was a writer for Troma Entertainment for quite a while and Troma's whole shtick is shock value.

It's like marrying a former prostitute and then divorcing her on the grounds that she used to have sex for money.

It doesn't make his past actions any less creepy but Disney knew exactly what they were getting in to when they hired him.

Back