The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blu-ray wins format war

That should be awesome on BR! Little disappointed no LOTR in 2008 but not too shocked either. Hoping for 09/10 for LOTR.

Damn Carl can you stop beating this horse already? Some of us do like it can you live with that? Seriously, its kind of starting to get old with your constant ^^^^^ing at how bad these are to YOU. Give it a ^^^^ing rest! You just don't let up man. The horse is dead alright.

Well you have to admit that if people like YOU didn't reward Stephen Sommers by paying to watch/own his movies then he would NOT have been offered directing reigns to the vomitous-car-wreck-in-the-making GI Joe flick and we'd still have half a chance that it would turn out decent. So there. ;)

Can't wait for Paramount to make it official and announce Transformers. It's still just a rumor until the studio confirms it, but I hope it's true. With Fox and Paramount I believe it when I get the shipping confirmation from Amazon.

If they have done a new encode of the film or added lossless audio or maybe even give us the extended IMAX version, there will be a lot of people (like me) who already own the HD DVD but would be happy to pick it up again.

That should be awesome on BR! Little disappointed no LOTR in 2008 but not too shocked either. Hoping for 09/10 for LOTR.

Peter Jackson is working on the LOTR trilogy, so hopefully in 2009!:chew

Here is the link:
https://www.comingsoon.net/news/hobbitnews.php?id=45413

icaroz: Will the Ring trilogy get a blu-ray release around the time of Hobbit? or sooner?

Peter_Jackson: Hi Icaroz - We are working on a blu ray version of the LOTR trilogy with Warner Bros at the moment, not sure when it is due for release. It certainly won't be this year.

i'm still waiting on blu-ray player price drops. i'm not a gamer, so i don't want to force myself to spend $400 on a ps3 just to play movies. when the heck are the players going to be more affordable. it's borderline pathetic that nothing has really happened since they won the "format-war"...

Hellboy looks spectacular!
cool i can't wait.... i eyeball it every time i go to the store,but it was always too much. now for $15 i had to buy it....
2006_08_23_optimus_prime_puppet.jpg

just kidding, its coming in September
https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/ne...formers_Blasts_to_Blu-ray_This_September/1775

does anyone have the Masters of Horror on Blu Ray??? any of them. my local moviestop has a couple of them used for $14.99 a piece. I have both seasons on my hard drive, but if they are worth it i'll pick up the used ones and then buy the other two sooner or later.

Cloverfield is out on Blu-ray today!:rock

I may check out Circuit City to see if they have any titles that are worth "Buy 2, Get 1 Free".

Back