The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blu-ray wins format war

One thing I'll never buy on BR is TV/HBO type series. No freaking way will I spend that kind of money on to watch a TV series no matter how good it looks. Movies = great, but I can live with regular DVD's for a series.

Well, I'm sorry, but BSG needs to be seen in HD!! It's absolutely amazing!! I can go without Lost in HD, but I must have BSG on HD!!!!

That's funny--my Blu-ray copy of Iron Man was preordered at Amazon way back on May 26th. It was in my Gold Box so I got an extra discount.

See I'm not such a fan of FB but do like the rest of the movies. So thats why I'm thinking about getting the rest and I can live with the first one. :lol

From The Digitalbits...

"Our industry sources have checked in today with word on a number of major upcoming Paramount DVD and Blu-ray Disc releases. Here's some of what you can look forward to (and when to look for them)...

The Love Guru (DVD & Blu-ray) - 9/16
Iron Man (DVD & Blu-ray) - 9/30
Indiana Jones IV (DVD for sure, Blu-ray undecided) - October
Kung Fu Panda (DVD & Blu-ray) - 11/18
Tropic Thunder (DVD & Blu-ray) - December

Here's a glimpse at some of the catalog Blu-ray titles on the way from Paramount and DreamWorks...

Anchorman: Legend of Ron Burgundy - 9/23
Old School - 9/23
Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd - 10/21
Stardust - December
Into the Wild - December

Also, we've learned that 20th Century Fox is working on the following titles for Blu-ray Disc release before the end of the year (or early in 2009 - these are in addition to catalog BD titles that we've mentioned previously)...

Daredevil: Director's Cut
Firefly: The Complete Series
The X-Men Trilogy
The Planet of the Apes Collection
The Deception
Jewel of the Nile: Special Edition
Dude, Where's My Car?
What Happens in Vegas

We'll post more information on these titles as it becomes available. As always, keep in mind that these titles and dates are unofficial and are subject to change until they're actually announced by the studio."

I would think they'd put Indy 4 out on BR as well as the others.

He may not like change, but he doesn't mind "updating" his movies every now and then. :lol

i'd love LOTR on Blu Ray!!!! and i have most of those on order through Amazon.

The Love Guru (DVD & Blu-ray) - 9/16 NO
Iron Man (DVD & Blu-ray) - 9/30 YES
Indiana Jones IV (DVD for sure, Blu-ray undecided) - October HELL NO!!!!
Kung Fu Panda (DVD & Blu-ray) - 11/18 NO
Tropic Thunder (DVD & Blu-ray) - December HELL YES!!!!
Anchorman: Legend of Ron Burgundy - 9/23 MAYBE
Old School - 9/23 MAYBE
Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd - 10/21 NO
Stardust - December NO
Into the Wild - December NO
Daredevil: Director's Cut YES!!!
Firefly: The Complete Series HELL YES!!!!!
The X-Men Trilogy YES!!!(glad iwaited on buying X3)
The Planet of the Apes Collection NO
The Deception NO
Jewel of the Nile: Special Edition NO --rental for sure!!!
Dude, Where's My Car NO
What Happens in Vegas NO

Are you talking about regular affrordable, like $1500 and lower or unaffordable, like $5K and higher??

Affordable:

Not at all a PS3 fanboy, more of a 360 fanboy. But the PS3, at this time, is the best Blu-Ray player. I do believe that when the new Pioneer Elite Blu-Ray players come out later this year, then Sony could have some contenders. Those will most likely be from $2K and down. But remember, you get a very nice gaming console with that very nice Blu-Ray playrer with the PS3!

Unaffordable:

You can open up an fancy home theater magazine and find Blu-Ray players that start at around $5K and go higher, to like $30K. These are for people with the $30K projectors.

Or just go to the AVSForum.com and they will tell you what they think. A lot of those guys are real world installer guys with tons of knowledge.

Back