Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh dear, ok it's pretty sappy and my mom was filming it and crying at the same time and she should never hold a camera ever lol. My parents did surprise me by dressing up as Henry Jones Sr and Indy's mom, as seen in the Young Indiana Jones Adventures.

This really old page has photos and the video at the bottom:

https://bishandmrsbish.com/engagement-gallery/

My wife is crying, Nathan. Thank you for sharing.

So did the fertility idol work?:monkey3:lol

And hopefully after 5+ years of marriage she doesn't now have/use a TOD voodoo doll of you as Indy.

My wife is crying, Nathan. Thank you for sharing.
Hehe thanks, I planned it for about a year and she had no idea.
You should also check out some of videos I made to announce various things before my son was born. I'm a former video editor and this was my chance to have some fun.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL628DXEsGsj5IOr1ULuWLdmXfqftBAete

So did the fertility idol work?:monkey3:lol
And hopefully after 5+ years of marriage she doesn't now have/use a TOD voodoo doll of you as Indy.
lol See the above videos about our son. And we just bought a new house together so I think she still likes me lol.

lol See the above videos about our son. And we just bought a new house together so I think she still likes me lol.

:lol

I have a theory that Temple of Doom in particular is so full of marriage analogies because of Lucas and Spielberg's marriage troubles at the time.

giphy.gif

Congrats! :clap

But I am jealous of everything you said in this post [emoji58]

:lol That’s what I was thinking. Though now seeing what needed to be done for Jabba I probably couldn’t go through with that.

Thanks everyone, I have no idea when it’s coming, they have contacted me once early on to get my address, but I haven’t heard anything since. I should probably bug them some more.

To win I had to dress up like Indiana Jones (I had the outfit from when I proposed to my wife on her Halloween birthday. I hid the engagement ring inside the fertility idol from Raiders.) then I had to go to a hardware store and get someone to help me find Dr T’s Snake Repellent and I had to buy the snake repellent, at some point I had to say the line “Snakes why did it have to be snakes!”

Here is the video:

I like to joke my Indy is shortly after starring in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Donuts. LoL

I have to add everyone at the store was awesome and totally played along without me giving them any forewarning. I’d did not bring my Indy pistol but I did have my whip.

Awesome. Congrats on the win! Did they give you options as to what you could do or that was just 100% your idea?

Oh dear, ok it's pretty sappy and my mom was filming it and crying at the same time and she should never hold a camera ever lol. My parents did surprise me by dressing up as Henry Jones Sr and Indy's mom, as seen in the Young Indiana Jones Adventures.

That was lovely, very good of you to share that, I did tear up a little. You seem like a great couple congrats. And congrats on Jabba.

Nice videos Bish! Congrats on Jabba but more importantly a wonderful wife!

:lol That’s what I was thinking. Though now seeing what needed to be done for Jabba I probably couldn’t go through with that.

Definitely something I couldn’t do as well for that win :clap

AWESOME... and Congratulations ! :clap

Now claim that Jabba and post some shots/vid asap ;)

close to pulling the trigger on this guy but dont know where to buy from i see people saying bbts or timewalker are the best options cause of the shipping but timewalker wont give me a quote up front but it is cheaper then all the other options before shipping what is everyone else doing?

close to pulling the trigger on this guy but dont know where to buy from i see people saying bbts or timewalker are the best options cause of the shipping but timewalker wont give me a quote up front but it is cheaper then all the other options before shipping what is everyone else doing?

No quote from the site, correct? I emailed them asking for shipping rates and will hopefully hear back tomorrow (closed mondays).

I was literally just going to suggest this as I was reading throu the posts on this thread, you can remove each small cube to fit any piece precisely. Thank fully I already have a decent size one that should fit all of jabba's changable parts, and ironically it was sent out to me by Sideshow after ordering Zuckuss and x wing luke, luke arrived with no helmet and zuckuss a broken rifle. So they sent me one that was about 10 x 12 with two separate pieces, neatly boxed, which I originally saved incase i needed to ship something that was fragile or sensitive or custom done but its still sitting nicely boxed up with all cubes back in place. this will be a nice easy fit inder my detold shelf when i want to slide out and switch up parts...

by the way these can be purchased for literally 75% less than what BBTS is selling them at, that one is pricey becuase it has the sleek protective carry case, but if you just need the foam base with removable cubes theres a ton of sites that sell em, just a quick google search , done and done

No quote from the site, correct? I emailed them asking for shipping rates and will hopefully hear back tomorrow (closed mondays).

They (TW) said that they are having the oversized item shipped directly from Sideshow to save on shipping so their (Sideshow's) price will be the same. I would suppose that's why they don't provide a quote.

Read it on the main Jabba order page on TW site under shipping.

Still, it is best to confirm with TW on this shipping arrangement.

Did they give you options as to what you could do or that was just 100% your idea?

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate the kind words. :) I still tear up going back and watching those videos!

For the contest I submitted to them what I was willing to do and told them what item I wanted to do it for. So I came up with the idea and knew immediately I knew I wanted the Jabba as I’d never be able to afford it. I was shocked when they chose my idea along with the other winners. We had I think 48 hours to do it, maybe less I don’t remember, it was such a blur.

I’ve been entering Sideshow contests for years, keeping my fingers crossed, so my wife as just as excited because I always get her to enter them as well lol.

I’ll definitely be making a video and taking photos when it arrives.

Actually back on topic, does anyone have a high resolution photo of the area behind Jabba’s throne to use as a backdrop. I was thinking of going into Battlefront II and getting an image from that, but if there is one out there it would save some time. Eventually when I have time I’d like to model the background.

They (TW) said that they are having the oversized item shipped directly from Sideshow to save on shipping so their (Sideshow's) price will be the same. I would suppose that's why they don't provide a quote.

Read it on the main Jabba order page on TW site under shipping.

Still, it is best to confirm with TW on this shipping arrangement.

Just wanna make sure ;)

Wow man, what a nice way to do it! Obviously Indy rocks and you know it, congrats and well done. Enjoy jabba when he arrives!

Back