Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we order direct from SS, it appears to be. $29 ship is not bad at all.

But I was suggesting that people use TW, since they are offering the value of the SS reward points off at check out, and then ship via SS, so Sideshow's shipping remains the same. And of course, no tax for most states.

For CA: $795 - $40 = $755 + $29 ship = TOTAL: $784

Still high but at this point I can't see doing better until this thing hits ebay and we see how its priced. It could very well linger for years and drop in price, or it could be gone quickly... or never go away and manufactured in small batches of 25 forever as someone suggested earlier.

Does it matter that the website says $40-$70 for shipping? Or is that generic? I prefer the drop ship.

Well, my plans for purchasing Jabba just hit a snag. I just picked up a Hot Toys Tumbler for a great deal (compared to today's going rate...).

Still waiting on shipping charge. If it is too much, then the funds are freed to go towards Jabba. We shall see...

After having this guy for a weekend and setting him up, I honestly do not have any buyers remorse ( though budget wise I only have one figure on preorder for next year, so unless Hot Toys surprises us- it should be a cheaper year for me. Jabba has always been one of my all time favorite character's and I firmly believe this is the best collectible of the big guy ever produced.

A couple pages back someone had asked about his head seeming not as wide. Here's the best image I have with natural lighting and taken from a longer distance with little lens distortion. I feel this is pretty close to what he looks like in person.
received_2237714253111440.jpg

I still do love the original sculpt as well. I haven't sold it yet, and am not certain I will. Maybe I'll try my hand at repainting it and having him minus the throne as a display piece in my office.

Also folks who have the new Jabba. How are you storing all the extra pieces. I'd put them back in the original box, but I'd hate to pull that monster of a box out of storage everytime I want to switch out the look. I'm toying around with the idea of making or buying a small wooden case with plenty of foam inserts and padding. Maybe even slapping a Jabba tattoo decal on the outside of the case.

I'm thinking of going to Michaels and seeing if they have one of those clear plastic storage containers with the divisions in them that might work for the various parts. It is a bit too bad that Sideshow didn't include some sort of smaller container that could be removed from the main packaging, because if I store the parts in the big box, they are never going to get used.

my old one now looks like a cheap piece of plastic...

Ah-ha!

...and Wor. The Rams won, so you pretty much have to buy this. You sort of promised yourself that - not just adding another bet ;-)

I know, I know... I'm basically waiting for this to become available 'in stock' at Sideshow and to confirm TW pricing and shipping. I'm too drawn to this not to figure out a way to get it.

Buyer's remorse is setting in [emoji20]

I am afraid of this...

Yeah, super pumped last night then first thing this morning it hit me. Questioning myself "should I cancel?" I think once it arrives I'll feel better. See it set up in all his slimy glory. But for now... I just spent $800 on a flippin toy set. What's wrong with me?! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I know there is a lot of skepticism regarding BBTS $4 shipping, but I can tell you that I've made several orders through them and they've honored this rate. As an example, I had ESB Darth Vader, ESB Boba Fett and 2 Emperor Guards combine shipped for $4. They were well packed in one large box and took about 5 days to get to me in NC from WI via FedEx. Emperor Deluxe shipped last Thursday via FedEx for $4 and should be here mid week.

Another thing I like about BBTS is that they always ship my figures in one of their well packed boxes even if it has a SS shipping cover. Can't tell you how many times I've received banged up SS shipping boxes from SS.

I use to exclusively order through SS for their points, but with their excessive shipping cost, whats the point. The money I've saved on shipping far outweighs the points I would have received from SS.

They only downside is not getting figures as early as those who order through SS. Its usually a few weeks longer but I do love the money saved. Just my 2 cents.

Yep, $40. But TW gives you that off to start.

Yes, been looking for a house as well but the reality where we want to live is just crazy. We also want to start traveling more so a condo might be the better for our intended future selves.

Anyway, banged out this comparison using SS video pic someone posted. Looks pretty darn impressive to me, and although the v1's facial asymmetry is better (especially around the chin), the overall impression and color of the v2 is just stunning...

View attachment 440882

Good to know! I haven’t ordered from them before. Waiting to confirm on shipping costs.

Nice comparison shot :) He looks great although in a slight caricature version.

Also folks who have the new Jabba. How are you storing all the extra pieces. I'd put them back in the original box, but I'd hate to pull that monster of a box out of storage everytime I want to switch out the look. I'm toying around with the idea of making or buying a small wooden case with plenty of foam inserts and padding. Maybe even slapping a Jabba tattoo decal on the outside of the case.

I don't have space where I live to store boxes either. For 1/6 figures I keep plastic ziploc bags of all sizes on hand and every time I get a new figure I bag the extras and store them in smaller sized plastic tubs. I label everything and then stack the smaller tubs in larger cardboard boxes and store that way. It's pretty easy if you want to retrieve something. Of course some items require special considerations if very fragile.

With Jabba it depends how breakable I feel the parts are, not sure my system will work here. Especially with how fragile it sounds like Salacious is. Might need a separate small container with styrofoam peanuts.

No original Jabba for me, so I’m very seriously considering this one. Only started collecting 1/6 shortly before I joined the forum, was all 3 3/4” before that.

Pretty close to ordering, in which case I’ll potentially look to move a couple items that are just sitting in the closet. I need to buy a house though. The space the boxes take up is starting to stress me out.

Yup. Started collecting 1:6th in 2008--I have the 3/4 scale Kenner and re-issue Hutt. I NEED this in 1:6th. I never purchased the original.

After having this guy for a weekend and setting him up, I honestly do not have any buyers remorse ( though budget wise I only have one figure on preorder for next year, so unless Hot Toys surprises us- it should be a cheaper year for me. Jabba has always been one of my all time favorite character's and I firmly believe this is the best collectible of the big guy ever produced.

A couple pages back someone had asked about his head seeming not as wide. Here's the best image I have with natural lighting and taken from a longer distance with little lens distortion. I feel this is pretty close to what he looks like in person.
View attachment 440903

I still do love the original sculpt as well. I haven't sold it yet, and am not certain I will. Maybe I'll try my hand at repainting it and having him minus the throne as a display piece in my office.

Great pic!

And um... WE NEED MORE PICS.:lecture:lol

I'm sweating on icruise's review video.:impatient:

Yeah, super pumped last night then first thing this morning it hit me. Questioning myself "should I cancel?" I think once it arrives I'll feel better. See it set up in all his slimy glory. But for now... I just spent $800 on a flippin toy set. What's wrong with me?! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I do feel like if I pull the trigger on this it's going to be embarrassing to tell collection visitors that I paid the best part of $1000 for it.

But then again, they'll be viewing about 100 1/6 scale figures and I don't want to know what that totals (though probably a third are customs, and I very rarely pay full price.)

Interesting to think of the pricing in terms of the Delorean or the ECTO-1 - though the Delorean was $100 LESS than this, and the ECTO may be quite a bit more $ but it's nearly FOUR FEET long.

Back