1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fullsizeoutput_1806.jpg

Just picked this guy up again for an absolute steal. Didn't come with the instructions though... so now trying to remember just how many hidden little compartments this has! :rotfl

IMO & most would probably agree with me, this figure has the best tony HS made by hot toys even compared to 1/6 counterparts. So if the likeness & paint apps on yours looks off then it’s unfortunately probably fake. Take a picture on yours so we can see.

thanks and sorry for my late response here is the picture.
The face seems too tanned
The hair is actually not black but rather brown and black.
a little the same hue as the face

05.43.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

05.44.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

05.45.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Hello

This is the same for you Tony Stark's face is really very bronze (brown, tanned) ?
As evidenced by my photos (without flash).
In reality the hair is a big dominant brown (dominant similar to the face but if you do not pay attention it is black and on the picture it is not seen)

Hello

No answer ?
nobody owns the mk43 to at least tell me if you find this tint very tanned?

Thank you very much Darthalias, i desepered not to have an answer.
I'm not sure i understand the answer, do you mean it's my facial version that is tanned or that tanned face phenomenon is normal for everyone?

If I understand correctly it is normal that the face is tanned and that I am not an isolated phenomenon ...
Okay so perfect, I think it's not a copy the details in the hair look identical too.
It 's good, I did not get scammed, what do you think?

You should post a picture of the entire figure including box and packaging.

I’ve seen knockoff Hot Toys figures and they tend to be pretty obviously knockoffs.

I feel like we’d all be more aware of the existence of bootlegs floating around that are close to the real product.

I hope someone who owns the figure is able to help you.

Hello

Sorry for my bad english and thank you for your help.
No problem here are the pictures.
=> See the photos on the previous page (367)

With the flash tony's face is less tanned but I find it shocking in my living room.
I do not look at it with a flash lol

I wonder if the seller would have exchanged the face for a counterfeit or a copy.
As found on ebay and others for 40 euros.

The figurine seems ok, except for small problems, such as lighting problems.
I would especially like to know if the face should be tanned or not? (without the flash of course)
The shape or the drawing of the hair make me think that it is the original but I would like to be sure.
Having your opinion and comparing to what you have at home would be nice.

Thank you

Just got him yesterday and was super disappointed that he is just not for me. I am a statue guy and the posing and the somewhat cumbersome base (to pose on that is) is just not to my taste. If anybody is interested in buying him, hit me up via PM. Cool figure, just not for me.

Finally opened mine. This thing is a beast. Stupidly hard to keep on its stand though. I appreciate the nice diorama stand but come on. Should have been easier to keep him posed on it. Sculpt is superb.

6A5DEB53-6473-40E4-B9D0-2B119ED74CA7_zpswtqopts8.jpg

ACEC9BA7-1CCE-4D56-B924-C44EE4A41290_zpse6thigkw.jpg

congrats man. i lost my appetite for 1/6 scale iron men after getting the 1/4 scales. the detail and proportions made me see the 1/6 scale ones seem amateur.

Sorry to dig up old threads. Anyone know what the current value on the 1/4 scale iron man figures are. I’ve got one of each mk43,mk42,Mk 45 I may be looking to sell.

Sorry to dig up old threads. Anyone know what the current value on the 1/4 scale iron man figures are. I’ve got one of each mk43,mk42,Mk 45 I may be looking to sell.

I’ve paid between $450 and $550 for all three of mine. Used.

The 43 seems to be the most inexpensive, the 45 the most expensive and the 42 varies on if it has the deluxe stand.

I’ve paid between $450 and $550 for all three of mine. Used.

The 43 seems to be the most inexpensive, the 45 the most expensive and the 42 varies on if it has the deluxe stand.

Thank you. And the 42 has the deluxe stand.

Bringing up an old one.... I need a display option at new house. I have about 15" of height to work with at new house. At old house I used a sideshow acrylic case, but it is 24" tall. I didn't use the crotch grabber as the case would protect it from falling (which it never fell over). Now it will be on a shelf loose. I guess the best option would be a crouching or down on all 4 type pose (hehehe)? Thinking of using museum putty on the feet to keep it in place. Any good stands for this thing yet? The stock stand is so insecure I never used it!

Bringing up an old one.... I need a display option at new house. I have about 15" of height to work with at new house. At old house I used a sideshow acrylic case, but it is 24" tall. I didn't use the crotch grabber as the case would protect it from falling (which it never fell over). Now it will be on a shelf loose. I guess the best option would be a crouching or down on all 4 type pose (hehehe)? Thinking of using museum putty on the feet to keep it in place. Any good stands for this thing yet? The stock stand is so insecure I never used it!

Wait...is museum putty a real thing???

Back