Hot Toys MMS-xxx Lando Calrissian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS-xxx Lando Calrissian Speculation

Can you imagine Bespin Han PO on the same day as Solo Han? HT know what we want but we’re going to be milked all the way till we get there.

Probably as a tease to all those expecting Lando and Han :) It certainly was a surprise, which I like.

On a similar note, I also don't understand Hot Toys model of going to the extent of making and showing prototypes at events like this only to be not made at all. A lot of people get really annoyed at this approach after a while in the hobby. I'd say about 95% of people in the Vulture thread don't believe he'll be made at all.

Surely, for some figures per year, it would be more cost effective to ask the fans what they want from a select list and make it a bit more of a democratic process to gauge the most interest.

But sure I know it's not a democracy, it's Howards company to do what he wants. But I really think they could help themselves a bit in this area. If I was him I'd make an event out of it. A couple of "fan voted" figures per year.

.....rant end.
If they don't believe Vulture will be made, it's possible they have a similar business sense to Hot Toys. I think most of what we're seeing this year Star Wars wise will see the light of day.

If they don't believe Vulture will be made, it's possible they have a similar business sense to Hot Toys. I think most of what we're seeing this year Star Wars wise will see the light of day.

Yeah but we shouldn't have to be guessing, and HT shouldn't waste their time and resource on stuff which is very big, expensive and probably won't sell in large numbers now.

But I guess it's probably all for Howards collection anyway :lol

I keep picturing Bespin Han, Lando and a new Bespin Luke in a booth. Feels so close, yet out of reach.

I keep picturing Bespin Han, Lando and a new Bespin Luke in a booth. Feels so close, yet out of reach.

Hahaha, yeah maybe they just ran out of display vitrines and thought oh well we'll keep them for later...:lol

Really disappointed not to see a Bespin Lando reveal at SDCC. Some of HT SW reveals have really left me scratching my head, I mean AOTC C3PO?!!

I really doubt that AotC C-3PO will actually happen, to be honest. Same with the two Chewbaccas (Chewbacci?) they showed, at least one, if not both, will never see the light of day, I'd be willing to bet, and next sdcc will probably be rolled out as ESB or RotS Chewbacca. :lol

I really doubt that AotC C-3PO will actually happen, to be honest. Same with the two Chewbaccas (Chewbacci?) they showed, at least one, if not both, will never see the light of day, I'd be willing to bet, and next sdcc will probably be rolled out as ESB or RotS Chewbacca. :lol

Makes sense. They could simply break apart that AotC C-3PO prototype and put him in a net, then stick him with a Chewbacca and hey presto you've got your next con ESB display.

But in all seriousness, it'll also give them time to sort out Chebacca's god awful lips !

One is already released —TFA version. Just like they’re not showing another “Training” Rey, just showing off the production versions and torturing everyone with that awesome Falcon. It should have been the Solo Han and Chewie in there. With young Lando of course.

So now the summer cons have been and gone, definitely looks like the ESB Bespin Lando will be released later. Closer to Ep9 perhaps to ride the hype from his role reprisal in Ep9.

I believe Howard confirmed he was in development. So seems it's just a matter of time now.

We can remove "speculation" from this thread title now that Howard confirmed Lando is in development.

Well wouldn't you know. Lego is planning a Cloud City set. I've often seen different toy makers offer similar sets or characters at similar times. Jabba was the last one with Hasbro and Sideshow and others doing Jabba related stuff.

But this bodes well for Cloud city Lando from Hot Toys. Of course he's been confirmed by Howard, but perhaps this gives a bit more insight into timing ??

They say October for the Lego. So perhaps we will see HT Lando teased this year.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies...&email_hash=41f2589c0b50c039425d1405802c0436/

They have all these prototypes shown with no POs. I think no major reveals until SWC. However, you never know with HTs these days and their OT POs will be mostly cleared after Palps.

NYCC is in a month, maybe they'll reveal Lando there. Not normally a convention Hot Toys has a big presence in, but you never know. It is the second biggest Comic Con behind San Diego.

Dooku and AOTC Yoda came out of nowhere and where offered an immediate PO with quite a few prototypes being around for some time that have yet to get that treatment. HT could indeed use some convention as a focal point for potential buyers but Lando could virtually turn up on their site this week and get a PO for no specific reason.

Dooku and AOTC Yoda came out of nowhere and where offered an immediate PO with quite a few prototypes being around for some time that have yet to get that treatment. HT could indeed use some convention as a focal point for potential buyers but Lando could virtually turn up on their site this week and get a PO for no specific reason.

Yes this is definitely possible. Hot Toys tends to show online first, then show a figure at a con (in most cases). This works better as non-core people who see it at a con can go online easily and find out more pics, comments etc already there.

Been waiting years for this guy. What accessories is this gonna come with?

I hope there’s something special like a deluxe stand.

I could not care less for a deluxe stand, just give me the damn figure. My collection is incomplete without Lando.

You know, the real Lando. Not that weird one from this year.

Back