Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See post 7668 -- its a video that I think would work pretty well as a guide. Just zip to the end because like most videographers he likes to hear himself talk.

Thanks for that tip Wor-Gar! I'll give it a look and see if I can get this sash to look the way I want it! :clap

Can someone tell me how to put Cpt. Sparrow's coat back on? I have problems at putting the white shirt back in place... :pfft:

Just spent some time posing this badboy, such an Epic figure.

Went from a somber 'saluting hung pirates' pose to a post sword fight shooting pose

don't be a tease!!! show us some pics!

6821398272_ec499f2f02_b.jpg

6967522245_c14a16cfbf_b.jpg

6821400134_9ca851501a_b.jpg

Love this Figure :yess:

This was the previous pose

6970715759_b31517d9b8_b.jpg

i know everyone is hyping on Joker, but aside from the headsculpt being as good as Jack this figure offers much more in terms of a whole figure package IMO.

I got tired of it breaking. The belt snapped, and then the sash got all messy.

Oh well. It's still awesome, and he's fixed now.

hey guys! I'm planning to get another body to bash a the second jack sparrow head. what generic body could fit it? I know that the ball joint of the head is different from the traditional HT bodies out there. would the soldier story bodies fit?

Hey guys so I got the pics up now of the cloth bandanna put over the original bandanna and it looks really good. I also did a little tutorial of what parts need to come off of the hair piece.

I worked on the color to try and make it darker and got it slightly darker than before. I can't go too dark or I will start to lose the detail of the pattern on the bandanna. I also found out that if you iron the bandanna do not use steam. It will fade the color and that is part of the reason my first one is lighter. I didn't realize that until I was working on this one.

On to the pics

First is just the original hair piece.
100_3875.jpg

Next you will need to lightly heat up the little bone beads on the front of the bandanna as well as the piece of hair that hangs over the front. You can do this with warm water or a hair dryer I used the hair dryer. The heat will loosen the glue so you can pull them off without damaging the parts.
100_3877.jpg

Then do the same thing to the back of the hair piece and pull off the pony tail and the tails of the bandanna.
100_3878.jpg

You will then have all the parts removed from the hair piece that you will need to. We will only need to put back on the bone beads, front piece of hair, and ponytail.
100_3876.jpg

Now here is the bandanna I lightly ironed the basic shape I needed and I will send them out this way. That way you won't have to futz as much to get started.
100_3879.jpg

Now comes the fun part of putting the bandanna on the sculpt. This will take a little playing with to get just right and you may need to do some trimming in certain areas. But overall it really shouldn't take more than 20 min to get it all on right.
100_3880.jpg

100_3882.jpg

100_3883.jpg

The knot in the back came out significantly better this time you just need to trim that area a little so it is slightly thinner and you can get a more realistic scaled knot.

Now here is all the parts put back on. You may want to slit a tiny hole where the bone beads go so they can plug in more flush to the bandanna.
100_3885.jpg

100_3886.jpg

100_3888.jpg

I hope this is a good enough tutorial for you guys to be able to put these on once they are available. I don't have the best camera in the world lol so bear with me :)

PM me if you are interested in getting a bandanna.

The measurements are 10" long and just over an 1"
This will allow you plenty of extra for a good fit.
They will come lightly ironed to shape of the HT DX Jack's bandanna.
I will do it lightly because I am sure some of you will also want to use these for other Jack's and I do not know the dimensions of those bandannas.

Back