1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, i know a few places but most sold out before i could even put my PO in. First two are based in Belgium, third is based in France.

https://www.lacitedesnuages.be/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?ref=PRE-MMS486&type=6&code_lg=lg_fr&num=1#.W0vQSekUm70

https://www.mythfactoryshop.com/fr/figurines-star-wars/2037-anakin-skywalker-dark-side-toy-fair-exclusive-hot-toys-mms486-figurine-16-star-wars-iii-la-revanche-des-sith-4897011186290.html

https://www.wastoys.fr/star-wars/1252-figurine-anakin-skywalker-dark-side-hot-toys-4897011186290.html

I believe there are more. Toy-Palace in Germany should have this listed as well. In the end, glad i couldn't pull the trigger at any of those places as i believe Popcultcha will get me the best price even with eventual custom fees.

Took a chance with popcultcha even though i'm not sure how french customs will handle this. Anyway, at roughly €205 shipped, it's not that much of a risk. Local (EU) etailers have him at €280/€300 before shipping anyway.

About rarity of exclusives, though no one has access to actual figures, i don't believe they are (that) limited. Sideshow tried playing that card offering pick up at convention only, driving prices up on EBay to crazy levels, only to offer the ship to Customer option a couple weeks later.

Now, most overseas markets have Anakin available for PO (though retail vary greatly from a region to another) and i'm convinced everyone wanting to add one to his collection will have a shot at it.

We all knew that it would be available for everyone when it 1st went up because they did it last year and also how HT worded the release (1st available at SDCC not ONLY available at SDCC). I'm not sure why some did not believe it and panicked.

Some paid $100 over retail for last years exclusives on eBay and they were still in stock and selling at a discount by Christmas.

In this hobby, we tend to have short memory, especially for those exclusives. It's Frenzy when revealed and forgotten about while we all plan our budget for the multiple show reveals.

This may have been answered somewhere else before, but does it still end up being cheaper if you include SS reward points?

Reward points cannot used on Con exclusive item, I have already contacted support for that concern.

This may have been answered somewhere else before, but does it still end up being cheaper if you include SS reward points?

Yes, TonTon is correct. You still save significantly by going through Popcultcha, if you are a US resident. While you would earn Reward points at Sideshow, the base price is significantly higher at $267 and you will still pay shipping, which is usually around $18 to $20 last I checked. If you were referring to using Reward points you have already accumulated towards this purchase, you unfortunately cannot on this item - SS apparently does not allow the application of Rewards towards Con Exclusives. I hope that clears up everything :)

(Sorry, DarkChocobi, I just realized you beat me to it ;) )

My EU wallet weeps. You guys in the US dont have to pay import tax/vat buying figures from Australia?

On the flipside, the Australian Government just scrapped the $A1000 threshold for import taxes, so anything we Aussies buy online now is taxed 10%. So even less reason for us to order from SSC.

Has it been established if the costume is identical to the standard version? I'm still on the fence about the need for both.

I have POed this Sith version....will display him standing in that lava droid base, hood on next to Vader.

Normal/Jedi version to pair with upcoming Obiwan and future Jedi Council members.

As far as prequel figures go I'm getting this and Dooku at some point once done with OT, and if there is a hot toys Maul and/or Mace in the pipeline I can cross off all to me interesting prequel characters.

Gonna put my vintage Kenner Vader figure next to esb Vader when he shows up, these are good days to be a Star Wars fan if you disregard what the mouse house is doing with the franchise. Who knew we now, almost 40 years after release would finally get "toys" worthy of these great characters.

Thankfully, no kids to support atm :lol

edit: this is $218 at popcultha at the moment and I chatted with sideshow today about something else but when i asked about the toy fair exclusive figures they said to move ASAP on this one if it is on the list, just a heads up

Couldn't pass up the popcultcha price. I said I wasn't going to start on prequel figures. :slap

Couldn't pass up the popcultcha price. I said I wasn't going to start on prequel figures. :slap

Kenobi would be the one I cave on, but Yoda looks good too. And then why not Anakin, and then Dooku, and then maybe SS Maul, and then ... and then ... and then ... and then bankruptcy.

Kenobi will be next for sure. Whats Dark side Anakin without Obi-Wan? Ugh........ I’m in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, i know a few places but most sold out before i could even put my PO in. First two are based in Belgium, third is based in France.

https://www.lacitedesnuages.be/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?ref=PRE-MMS486&type=6&code_lg=lg_fr&num=1#.W0vQSekUm70

https://www.mythfactoryshop.com/fr/figurines-star-wars/2037-anakin-skywalker-dark-side-toy-fair-exclusive-hot-toys-mms486-figurine-16-star-wars-iii-la-revanche-des-sith-4897011186290.html

https://www.wastoys.fr/star-wars/1252-figurine-anakin-skywalker-dark-side-hot-toys-4897011186290.html

I believe there are more. Toy-Palace in Germany should have this listed as well. In the end, glad i couldn't pull the trigger at any of those places as i believe Popcultcha will get me the best price even with eventual custom fees.

This became very useful for me. EU companies and charge without VAT for us which is very close to customs taxes. And shipping from EU is cheaper. Overall, cheaper than SSSC. Popcultcha is similar to SSC.

Sideshow Live - Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Unboxing

edit: this is $218 at popcultha at the moment and I chatted with sideshow today about something else but when i asked about the toy fair exclusive figures they said to move ASAP on this one if it is on the list, just a heads up

I have enough pennies for $50 off, I picked this up for $199 shipped from Australia to NJ. Not that bad! The fact that Sideshow won't let me use rewards on this is baffling?

When do you think Sideshow will start shipping this guy? Right after comic con?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back