1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting how Sideshow has a 1 per person limit while the Australians let you put a squad of Anakins in your basket :lol
If it wasnt for these vat taxes I'd be able to snag him for $215/290AUD.

Nice figure but got both emperor and ESB vader coming, so pass for me until maybe second market in the future, I recon it wont skyrocket that much in price :dunno

Interesting how Sideshow has a 1 per person limit while the Australians let you put a squad of Anakins in your basket :lol
If it wasnt for these vat taxes I'd be able to snag him for $215/290AUD.

Nice figure but got both emperor and ESB vader coming, so pass for me until maybe second market in the future, I recon it wont skyrocket that much in price :dunno

Yep your right. $23,801.58 for 99 of them. Made sure to empty my cart before i left the site. Be a hell of a mistake to buy a funko pop and forget those are in the cart :lol

I just wanted to see if it was like BBTS and you add 99 and it only lets you have 13 because that is all that is in stock. Might have to check out with Popcultcha before it changes or they have a ton of these.

Is there any way to guesstimate edition sizes? I know back in the day Hot Toys made barely a thousand of some figures, obviously with Star Wars stuff its a lot higher, seemingly so even the exclusives.

Less then 24k for 99? Thats a steal, check out and hit ebay!

Is there any way to guesstimate edition sizes? I know back in the day Hot Toys made barely a thousand of some figures, obviously with Star Wars stuff its a lot higher, seemingly so even the exclusives.

Less then 24k for 99? Thats a steal, check out and hit ebay!

..enough to compensate for the losses of those TFA figures :lecture

Yeah, very good points all around. T-squared paint job is also immaculate. I keep trying to compare photos of the paint jobs vs the soon to be release...and the work these custom artists do...it's stunning. The official sideshow pics look pretty great, but I think the red light coloring shining on the figure makes it look a bit more sinister than the actual figure will eventually be, I think. That's why I'm digging all these customs. They really got it right

Total bummer for the CC exclusive about the robe. I didn't think it would bother me at first (on my regular Anakin) but eventually it did.

Are you gonna post pics of your custom?

How is it cheaper for Americans to order from Popcultcha? Sure the import tax is way more than just ordering from SS? If I ordered from Popcultcha I'm pretty sure that it'd be more than ordering from SS - or can any UK collector confirm whether it's the same or cheaper?

By the looks of it no taxes for Americans buying figures from Australia. Or did I get it wrong?

Are you gonna post pics of your custom?

I thought I did. My bad. My girlfriends camera is lent out, so I was holding off until I got it back as my camera phone just can't capture the image, but here it is so far

received_10210009187499964.jpg

No, but I know the one time I ordered from them, between the cost of shipping and my bank charging me conversion fees, it wasn't worth it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

With these moving sabers all I see despite trying is a giant star wars spatula. Not even making the sound in my head helps :lol

Love the custom eyes

IMG_20180713_162535.jpg

Thank you for the kind words, I'm really loving this guy. All thanks to T-squared for the work he put in. As far as the "fan" blade, it's growing on me. I was going for the look when Anakin kills the separatists, and there was a lot of one handed fan looking shots in that scene.

7d6dd0420f0ea806b29f6ce102e8edf3.jpg

Got my head from Frost .
What do you guys think? For me a bit too much on the eye shadow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7d6dd0420f0ea806b29f6ce102e8edf3.jpg

Got my head from Frost .
What do you guys think? For me a bit too much on the eye shadow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like it to be honest. Without the darkness around the eyes, he still looks a little underwhelming as a "Dark Side" Anakin. The coloring around the eyes makes the figure as do the eyeballs itself...in my opinion. Plus when you throw the hood on...oh man it looks sweet/evil

Back