Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the red and blue dress is my favorite look as well (that and the Aragorn funeral dress) but if I'm voting for which figure I want, it's the riding outfit.

Still hoping that someday they finally release a full Blu-ray that finally shows us some of that unused Helm's Deep footage. I'm endlessly fascinated by alternate universe versions of movies. I'd love to see the stuff they decided not to use. (Like footage of Stuart Townsend as Aragorn or Legolas and Gimli boarding the ships into the West, etc.)

Same!! I loved watching the behind the scenes feature about it. My fiancé and sister can now both point out every time you see flashes of her in the final cut since I've happily done it so many times. :lol

With few potential accessories for Arwen, maybe Asmus could do a two outfit package?

That would be cool. They’d have to choose two outfits with similar hairstyles or have head swap outs for total accuracy, but lord knows I’d pay extra for any and everything Arwen related.

I'd be all for an Arwen/Asfoloth/Frodo set.

So many posing options with that. As soon as Arwen is officially up for preorder, I’m going to buy Frodo. I’ve only gotten Éowyn as Dernhelm from this line, and have been holding back until I knew Arwen was a guarantee.

My bank account is in grave danger.

Same!! I loved watching the behind the scenes feature about it. My fiancé and sister can now both point out every time you see flashes of her in the final cut since I've happily done it so many times. :lol

Wait what? Kinda miffed I never knew or noticed this, I sure watched the movies plenty of times.

Wait what? Kinda miffed I never knew or noticed this, I sure watched the movies plenty of times.

Yeah! When you see Théoden and Aragorn leading the charge out of the keep, you see two white horses. As far as I know, one was originally Arwen on Asfaloth, and they replaced her with some random Rohirrim soldier or elf.

You see little glimpses of her, especially after Gandalf and Éomer show up. She's on horseback and wearing a pinkish/purple outfit.

This is the only screen grab I can find of it right away. You just have to keep your eyes out for the white of her horse, the pinkish/purple of her outfit, and her dark, unhelmeted hair. Some are very quick blink-and-you'll-miss-it glimpses.

ttt1612.jpg

Nice to see this coming. Hope they also produce Galadriel.

Yes! Hoping for a Fellowship of the Ring Galadriel with the Mirror, though. It seems like all the Galadriel merch is from The Hobbit now.

Yes! Hoping for a Fellowship of the Ring Galadriel with the Mirror, though. It seems like all the Galadriel merch is from The Hobbit now.

Well because she was impressive in expelling Sauron and saving Gandalf, even if it was not very canonical :)
And she could have two sculpts, normal, and enlightened. :panic:
I'm for Galadriel, anyway.

God yes.

This will obviously be the Fellowship/sword version though, i dint think we should get too excited for anything other than that.

Still hanging for a Galadriel though, i dont care which movie, i just want her.

Agreed. She'll probably come with her horse too as a deluxe option.

Almost definitely the Fellowship version, which I am fine with. Interested to see how they go about the hair, and absolutely hoping for Asfaloth as a deluxe option.

This is very exciting. Looking forward to this very much!

The riding dress may not have had a ton of screen time, but it really is her signature look. I would be shocked if they went with a different outfit.

I would also love it if Asmus would take another stab at 1/6 horses for this line. And I'm crossing my fingers that, if they do, they'd make the horses either completely non-articulated or just articulate the heads/necks. I appreciate that they tried articulating the legs, but I wasn't crazy about the look of all the joints. I like to think of the horse as kind of a figure base rather than a figure in itself. Just my personal preference.

What do you guys think?

I'm hoping for non articulated horses as well. Ones that will hold the figures without falling over. They can just stand. I would think it would be a lot cheaper than trying to make them move.

I'm hoping for non articulated horses as well. Ones that will hold the figures without falling over. They can just stand. I would think it would be a lot cheaper than trying to make them move.

I’d be all for that! Eomer and Theoden could be done that way too.

Agreed. Having the horse serve as more of an oversized accessory or stand would be cool. I’d be fine if it was in a standing position, or if they found a way to have it look like it was at a gallop while remaining stable enough to hold Arwen (and Frodo).

Agreed. Having the horse serve as more of an oversized accessory or stand would be cool. I’d be fine if it was in a standing position, or if they found a way to have it look like it was at a gallop while remaining stable enough to hold Arwen (and Frodo).

I also agree. I understand that its a catch-22 but I would prefer that articulation be minimal so that it won't hurt the aesthetics of the display. Closer to a statue than a toy. I know that others would prefer the "action" in action figure for the horse, allowing more articulation.

There are some nice 'static' 1/6 scale horses already available on ebay and some of the newer ones from the likes of Inflames toys not only look great but have great articulation which is all hidden giving the best of both, of course they are rather expensive.

The horses are cool but I have no where to put them. At the moment, I had to pass on Mouth of Sauron even though the figure looks awesome as I just don't have any more room. I have the Nazgul and horse on top of one Detolf and I have other line's big guys on the other ones... Apartment living in Los Angeles does not give one much space for collections with horses, cars, etc.

Yeah, horses look cool but it just makes the whole display too big for me.

Back