1/6 Hot Toys Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys releases 829487284713 Iron Man figures and everyone cries that they need more diverse licenses and unique figures.

Hot Toys releases figures from a non-Marvel, non-DC, non-Star Wars movie and everyone...still cries.

I can be a whiny collector too at times, but geez. I'm not going to gleefully assume these are dead on arrival just yet. Curious to see the movie, and curious to see the prototypes.

Hot Toys releases 829487284713 Iron Man figures and everyone cries that they need more diverse licenses and unique figures.

Hot Toys releases figures from a non-Marvel, non-DC, non-Star Wars movie and everyone...still cries.

I can be a whiny collector too at times, but geez. I'm not going to gleefully assume these are dead on arrival just yet. Curious to see the movie, and curious to see the prototypes.
I agree 1000000000000000000000 % with you

OK, good luck with that.

M5yXTvs.gif

Last edited:

Is every complaining though? Most people are stating that these figures will never see the light of day, which is undoubtedly true.

Is every complaining though? Most people are stating that these figures will never see the light of day, which is undoubtedly true.

Undoubtedly? Really, though? This is all speculation. Movie hasn't even come out yet.

I saw folks throwing a fit on Facebook. Hot Toys fans are so obnoxious these days.

Don't get me wrong - my first thought upon seeing these was - "dang, I want these just for the cool costumes, but I wonder what the odds are of them never being released..." I'm just not going to assume my fears are fact yet. I think it might be a good sign that they've got two prototypes already. But there's no way of telling. Other figures that seemed to have decent interest, like Crossbones, just quietly faded away.

Thanks for reminding me. I enjoyed MGSV more than most people here, would have enjoyed good figures of at least Venom Snake and Quiet :(

You know my feelings on it, but I would definitely buy a high end Quiet. I got a custom figure built, so I'm okay if they don't.

As for this, any thoughts I had on it have already been stated it. Just another Tombstone for the Hot Toys license graveyard.

You know my feelings on it, but I would definitely buy a high end Quiet. I got a custom figure built, so I'm okay if they don't.

As for this, any thoughts I had on it have already been stated it. Just another Tombstone for the Hot Toys license graveyard.

Not the greatest game. But I wouldn’t mind a definitive 1/6 Snake. Not into customs, so I’d love an official.

Not the greatest game. But I wouldn’t mind a definitive 1/6 Snake. Not into customs, so I’d love an official.

I won't get into it :lol but eh, if it turned out well enough... I might as well. I already own Lesbian mullet Naked Snake and and Superman II Non face The Boss.

Wow...was not expecting Valerian figures and am really excited to see these. The comic book is such a fun filled delight and it's influence on much of science fiction films can't be overstated. I just returned from a vacation in France and Valerian was featured in the windows of Pulp and Album comic book stores. I picked up some of the French editions (Hostages of Ultulum, circles of Power and Orphan of the Stars). These are my favorite of the series and show Mezieres firing on all cylinders.
Really hoping the film finds an audience here in the states. Instant day one preorder for me along with Tarkin. Thank you, Hot Toys.

well I ABSOLUTELY WANT a Delevingne figure
so I hope it happens
and if it doesn't mr Chan will give me his

I'd pick this up for the same reason.

have not seen Valerian yet would be interested in a Delevingne figure.

All I can say is a Cara Delevingne Hot Toys figure :O. Can't wait to see what she looks like. I just hope the head sculpt is amazing.

Based on the trailer, it looks like this movie could either be really good or an epic failure. The special effects look crazy good, but the movie itself looks like it could be a hot mess.

Does anybody think HT is wasting time with this film and should focus on more what the collector wants like Aliens, etc :slap

Back