1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Took them a ****load of time to just get this approved so I doubt they're going to tweak it any further. Happy with what we're getting at this point.

I think Jonesy looks quite soft, there's not a whole lot of fur detailing. I don't mind the sculpt, and I'm looking forward to the HQ pics later.

I'm not sure I'm ordering this straight off the bat though.

She looks great to my eye. And at least with sculpted hair we don't have to worry about futzing. Now we just need big chap 2.0. Two grails for me.

Ripley looks good to me, but the cat looks hilariously bad

Took them a ****load of time to just get this approved so I doubt they're going to tweak it any further. Happy with what we're getting at this point.

Yeah. Totally spot on.

Also the current Hong Kong price will be 1380hkd or 178usd at secret base. So 210-220ish probably at ssc

I'm thrilled that this is finally going up for pre-order but I just am not crazy about that face sculpt or the sculpted hair. I'd love to own this but I feel like I would have to get a custom head and new hair. Hopefully the power loader version will have a better likeness. That being said I still feel like I need to pick this figure up.

The 1/6th scale Ellen Ripley Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley in Alien
- Newly developed head sculpt with detail hair sculpture, highly-accurate facial expression and make-up
- Newly developed body with over 28 points of articulations
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) right hand for holding flamethrower
- One (1) left hand for holding tracking device
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
- One (1) green colored top
- One (1) white colored shirt
- One (1) blue colored jumpsuit
- One (1) pair of white and red colored sneakers

Weapon:
- One (1) custom flamethrower

Accessories:
- One (1) frightened version of Jonesy the cat
- One (1) specially crafted cat carrier box
- One (1) specially designed wrist watch
- One (1) tracking device
- Alien themed diorama figure stand with Ripley nameplate

Release date: Q4, 2016 – Q1, 2017

I guess they scrapped the rooted hair due to all the hate? :lol
Doubt it was because of what people said. They've been trying to get multiple sculpts approved for this figure for the past 4 years so it was probably what they wanted.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Costume :
- One (1) green colored top
- One (1) white colored shirt
- One (1) blue colored jumpsuit
- One (1) pair of white and red colored sneakers

Sorry, gents. No child's-size panties. Looks like someone needs to step up and start making custom underwear. :lol

So the day has finally come and I'm one happy dude! She looks great to me. Don't want any tweaks done to the sculpt. It's already Ripley. And just the fact that she'll be in my collection makes me cry diamond tears of a rapper...
0004087316_10.jpg

OH MY GOD!

I honestly am in shock, I almost feel like I need to pinch myself! FINALLY.

I like it, looks cool, instant buy for me.

As for the cat, don't care, it looks like crap being held anyway so he would be in the box whether he looked good or not for me.

In!

Now I have a moral dilemma: do I use my points for this, or the new Capt. America??

In!

Now I have a moral dilemma: do I use my points for this, or the new Capt. America??

there will ALWAYS be more captain Americas!!!!!!! but there is only ONE ripley, use your points, use your first born, do anything!

In!

If you have to ask you don't deserve. Shame. Shame. Shame.

So the day has finally come and I'm one happy dude! She looks great to me. Don't want any tweaks done to the sculpt. It's already Ripley. And just the fact that she'll be in my collection makes me cry diamond tears of a rapper...

I hate you all. :lol Though if you're happy with it, congrats because it doesn't sound like there'll be any changes. We haters will have to live with it. :lol

In!

Don't mention Marvel in this section of the forum. :lol Use your points for Ripley. There will be endless amounts of Cap figures down the road. I don't see them doing another Ripley.

Oh hey she actually looks quite good in those pictures.

Time to PO oh yes!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back