Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. Yes I see.

In addition, I'm guessing Snyder would have got to Darkseid first, potentially making Thanos look like a copy cat situation.

How do you figure that? Thanos was first introduced in 2012 (Avengers post-credits), and appeared again in 2014 (GoTG) and 2015 (Avengers AoU). His desire for the Infinity Stones was explained in GoTG. Darkseid (via Steppenwolf) was only first hinted at in BvS UE in 2016. Even if he'd been properly introduced in 2017 along with the Mother Boxes, it still would have been perceived as DC playing catch up.

Yeah, Snyder definitely wanted the black suit from the start.

I remember back when Henry Cavill posted on Instagram the pic of a black suit.

See here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJI-eYSgRR8/?utm_source=ig_embed

At the time some wondered if Henry had just taken a closeup of the blue suit and recolored it to black and white. If that's what he did that would have been an Easter egg for what Zack was planning to do?

Also, remember that Superman wore a black Kryptonian suit in the dream sequence with Zod in MoS. Zod wore one too. But it had no chrome underneath. (Actually it was from watching MoS that Zack realized he needed chrome underneath the black suit in JL to make it pop more visually.)

Anyway, regardless, Henry was clearly teasing that he'd be wearing a black suit. But what I'm getting at is the cropped pic Henry posted might also be from one of those MoS Kryptonian suits.

Do you know if any information ever emerged about Michael Wilkinson having actually made a Superman black suit for JL? Production of such a suit might not have been greenlit, because when they were about to being filming for JL the studio was in a panic over the reception to BvS. I've never seen or heard what actually happened with all that.

You bring up some really interesting points Alatar. I'm so glad we can have this conversation!

The pic Cavill posted is of the updated BvS/JL styled suit. You can tell by the kryptonian glyphs on the shield which weren't there on the MoS suit. But, I gotta be honest, I never thought of Cavill just shooting a black an white pic. That could be it.

I don't know or have info of Wilkinson ever making a black suit, but maybe that will emerge as we get closer to the actual release or if HBOMax decides to do a #ReleaseTheSnyderCut Documentary like so many are speculating similar to the Disney Gallery: Mandalorian documentary.

But, at the time, it was always my understanding that the black suit was made, but never shot based on all the info out there about Geoff Johns and WB execs wanting the blue suit. I could very well be wrong.

You're definitely right about the chrome, it was meant to help the black suit pop more which is what makes me think that a black suit was indeed made for JL.

Honestly it's not far-fetched that it could go deeper than that, imho.

*video*
Yup it's been known that Geoff Johns is friends with Feige and Whedon, which honest is not a bad thing. They're in the same industries so it makes sense. That's how he brought Whedon in behind Snyder's back, though which was a wrong thing to do.

Don't get me wrong, though. Johns is a phenomenal comic writer. He gave us the updated Aquaman that made him way more than the cheesy guy who rides seahorses from before. Lots of the Aquaman movie is based on the revamped comic story we got from Johns. And if you've never read Green Lantern Blackest Night, you're doing yourself a disservice as a comic fan. Let alone everyone knows the Flashpoint story by now, which he also wrote. So, credit where credit is do. He's done a lot for DC comics aside from the few instances I mentioned. BUT, when it came to the DCEU, he completely back-stabbed Snyder.

Do I think he's a bad guy altogether? No, I don't. I just think he let Hollywood Producer cred get to him and the power gave him too much of a big head, which is why with the new regime, he got pushed back to CW and I think for awhile before he started his own production company, he even got reduced in CW from Producer to just co-writer. It's not until now with Stargirl he's getting back to it, since he created the character based on his sister who died of cancer. That opening scene to the pilot was amazing. I'm hoping all that demotion has made him humble now that things are SLOWLY getting back on track for DC film. He wanted to get to Kevin Feige status too quick and went about it the wrong way.

After reading the current posts, and watching videos, and rewatching MoS, and BvS. I have more appreciation for Snyder's vision. Is it perfect..not by any means but what he was trying to do is give us a more grounded world of DC comics. I think those who disliked it have a lot of love for the more lighter versions of these characters, and others who just compare it to Marvel. But I feel the stories used to create the world was from the more dark, and realistic one's like Superman Earth one, The Dark Knight Returns, and some stuff from the New 52. I think had they trusted Snyder then JL would have been better then what we got. Like seriously the designs for Steppenwolf was better then what we got, But not only that apparently Him and Darkseid are brothers in Zack's original script,(not fully convinced that was a good idea but Ok) the concept for Apokolips and it's technology, and the Parademons where awesome. Designs I hope get shown in the Snyder cut. Also about the black suit for Superman that was the suit he was meant to wear in the final fight. Though I do like Superman in classic colors, bringing him back from death (post death of superman)in his regular colors, and not the black suit is a missed opportunity to show on screen. Just my opinion on the topic.

After reading the current posts, and watching videos, and rewatching MoS, and BvS. I have more appreciation for Snyder's vision. Is it perfect..not by any means but what he was trying to do is give us a more grounded world of DC comics. I think those who disliked it have a lot of love for the more lighter versions of these characters, and others who just compare it to Marvel. But I feel the stories used to create the world was from the more dark, and realistic one's like Superman Earth one, The Dark Knight Returns, and some stuff from the New 52. I think had they trusted Snyder then JL would have been better then what we got. Like seriously the designs for Steppenwolf was better then what we got, But not only that apparently Him and Darkseid are brothers in Zack's original script,(not fully convinced that was a good idea but Ok) the concept for Apokolips and it's technology, and the Parademons where awesome. Designs I hope get shown in the Snyder cut. Also about the black suit for Superman that was the suit he was meant to wear in the final fight. Though I do like Superman in classic colors, bringing him back from death (post death of superman)in his regular colors, and not the black suit is a missed opportunity to show on screen. Just my opinion on the topic.

To add to this on giving Snyder Credit. You can also think of this.
Before Snyder, the best Wonder Woman we ever had was Linda Carter.
The best Superman we ever had was Christopher Reeve.
You have to go way back...before the torched was finally passed to Gal and Henry.
As far as Batman, this is of course subjective, but Speaking personally, I also got to see the best Batman Ive seen on screen.

Cause of Snyder, I got to see the death and Return of Superman on screen, which was a dream movie for me.
Also got to see the best Miller Batman in Affleck.
He has done so much for DC. I?m glad he?s finally getting the credit he deserves.

You have to go way back...before the torched was finally passed to Gal and Henry.
As far as Batman, this is of course subjective, but Speaking personally, I also got to see the best Batman Ive seen on screen.

Cause of Snyder, I got to see the death and Return of Superman on screen, which was a dream movie for me.
He has done so much for DC. I?m glad he?s finally getting the credit he deserves.
Exactly he also brought Aquaman back in a way that made him stand next to his peers as an equal, rather then the joke the world made him out to be. Literally Snyder casted the best people for the roles and I'm happy we will see his version of JL next year.

How do you figure that? Thanos was first introduced in 2012 (Avengers post-credits), and appeared again in 2014 (GoTG) and 2015 (Avengers AoU). His desire for the Infinity Stones was explained in GoTG. Darkseid (via Steppenwolf) was only first hinted at in BvS UE in 2016. Even if he'd been properly introduced in 2017 along with the Mother Boxes, it still would have been perceived as DC playing catch up.

I was only quickly thinking Infinity War + Endgame focus on Thanos and the big fight of course. Either way, there are often similarities between DC and Marvel. What made me go in that direction of thought is that I've often seen Grace Randall mention in the past about Feige getting to the punch first with certain characters before DC. So there is certainly that element in the game.

Feige and John's friendship just offers some totally different potential scenarios in this whole story. But of course that then gets into possible conspiracy theories.

Exactly he also brought Aquaman back in a way that made him stand next to his peers as an equal, rather then the joke the world made him out to be. Literally Snyder casted the best people for the roles and I'm happy we will see his version of JL next year.

Yes totally agree with all the comments here. I also think a lot of the detractors don't necessarily know the larger arc at play here. That's difficult I know as you can't give the story line away up front. But perhaps Marvel was a bit smarter to include Thanos here and there from the beginning.

Ah who am i kidding, that would have happened in Snyders version, again it comes back to Exec meddling and scuttling the project totally.

Just happy all that is in the past and I can ignore the Josstice League version going forward.

Do you know if any information ever emerged about Michael Wilkinson having actually made a Superman black suit for JL? Production of such a suit might not have been greenlit, because when they were about to being filming for JL the studio was in a panic over the reception to BvS. I've never seen or heard what actually happened with all that.
Yap, I remember I've read somewhere that they have shot scenes in the actual black suit. We might see that footage in the Snyder Cut as superman scenes into theatrical version were 99% reshoot.
. About Cavill post, I can tell it's a black and white photo. on actual black suit light would hits in a different way and would make it more like bluish . That photo is 100% filter,but it can be black suit in real life we will never know.

Yap, I remember I've read somewhere that they have shot scenes in the actual black suit. We might see that footage in the Snyder Cut as superman scenes into theatrical version were 99% reshoot.
. About Cavill post, I can tell it's a black and white photo. on actual black suit light would hits in a different way and would make it more like bluish . That photo is 100% filter,but it can be black suit in real life we will never know.

Yeah I remember there was a video or article with them explaining about the silver undergarment and how it was done to make the black suit pop. But I can't seem to find it. Probably in one of those behind the scenes documentaries.

Yeah I remember there was a video or article with them explaining about the silver undergarment and how it was done to make the black suit pop. But I can't seem to find it. Probably in one of those behind the scenes documentaries.

Yes I remember that as well, but have no idea where I saw it.

Hmmm. Yes I see.

In addition, I'm guessing Snyder would have got to Darkseid first, potentially making Thanos look like a copy cat situation.
For the movies, Thanos came first. In reality, Thanos is 100% a Darkseid copy cat. Jim Starlin has never tried to hide it.

So I got that new Superman head waaaaay faster than I expected. It wasn't due to arrive until late June/Early July. Somehow shipping from China was faster than a lot of domestic has been. Anyway, the figure is at my office, so I haven't gotten a chance to see how it looks, but the new head is really a pretty nice likeness for the price.

For the movies, Thanos came first. In reality, Thanos is 100% a Darkseid copy cat. Jim Starlin has never tried to hide it.

So I got that new Superman head waaaaay faster than I expected. It wasn't due to arrive until late June/Early July. Somehow shipping from China was faster than a lot of domestic has been. Anyway, the figure is at my office, so I haven't gotten a chance to see how it looks, but the new head is really a pretty nice likeness for the price.
What sculpt exactly?

Is "manco-toys" the seller you bought that from?

Anyone seen this? I hope HT will release one that looks this good.

TB2dPLScRLN8KJjSZPhXXc.spXa_!!136281495.jpg

Any advice for safety raising the boots so they don?t bunch up at the joints?

They're held on with an adhesive at the top edges. You'll need to slowly peel them away from the suit *pants* then pull them up. You shouldn't need to use an adhesive to keep them up though. They stay in place pretty well on their own.

Back