Statue Sideshow Rancor statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So keen to see how the custom turns out as its the only thing we will see in terms of ?inhand? pics for this sideshow one for a while!! Cannot wait to get it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it?s pretty crazy and seeing the size of what I?ve already printed I?m not even sure I have room for it. But hey, I?m this far already, so might as well finish it. I just started printing the first leg.

prob. SLA.. I just having nightmares looking at the size.. and then you have a print mistake at 90% or something

prob. SLA.. I just having nightmares looking at the size.. and then you have a print mistake at 90% or something

Hehe, no. So far I can use all the prints I?ve done :) ...I?m very inexperienced in 3D printing, but so far all?s good ;-)

?Just? need the torso now
9d2707d2b70e4b6b93e61ff3b5dbe16c.jpg

I see this thread has been converted from Sideshow Rancor statue to Slikkerias Rancor statue :wink1:

Great stuff going on Slikkerias!

I see this thread has been converted from Sideshow Rancor statue to Slikkerias Rancor statue :wink1:

Great stuff going on Slikkerias!

Yes, I see the problem. Would be nice with some more SSC rancor comments... but I?ll be posting in the customs thread from now on :)

I think it?s beautiful... and I could live with it not being 1/6. ...but the mouth area is way too small I?m afraid. Mouth is too narrow.

I think it looks amazing. If the final product looks like the one in the video I am way more than happy!
About the mouth area, I believe a mouth area's size is dynamic so I don't have a problem with that at all.

The way the positioned Luke next to this it almost looks to be in scale....

Probably because he was placed on the table. It will definitely look great with 1/6 figures, but it?s a bit smaller than 1/7 actually. It?s 73cm or 29? tall including the base. Let?s say the base is 5cm tall? So the rancor is approximately 68cm tall. It should be 83cm tall to be in 1/6 scale, so quite far from 1/6, but in a display I?m sure it would still look huge and awesome.
Imagine a Gamorrean guard in that mouth though? would probably just fit the head, it would need to take a few bites off first ;-)
But even a teenage rancor is frightening;-)

Probably because he was placed on the table. It will definitely look great with 1/6 figures, but it?s a bit smaller than 1/7 actually. It?s 73cm or 29? tall including the base. Let?s say the base is 5cm tall? So the rancor is approximately 68cm tall. It should be 83cm tall to be in 1/6 scale, so quite far from 1/6, but in a display I?m sure it would still look huge and awesome.
Imagine a Gamorrean guard in that mouth though? would probably just fit the head, it would need to take a few bites off first ;-)
But even a teenage rancor is frightening;-)

I was actually going to try something similar by trying to display him with a Gamorean in his hand if it would fit.

Back