Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the re-listing is the slim version! No horse this time but we add Mithril into the set!

Thank you. I love having a company that responds here and doesn’t get driven off by the few people who can never be pleased.

I think it’s amazing how far Asmus has come since you started this line!

I just hope the Nazgul 2.0 has a horse.

Ye I need that mithril shirt; The Mouth taunting our heroes with it is what immediately comes to mind when I think of him so that’s obviously the scene I wish to recreate in my display. I’ve currently got him doing that super jarring, unnatural smile he does which Aragorn reacts to with utter disgust. He’s such a memorable villain!

It would still be really great to know if separate diorama sets are on the table or the likelihood of larger characters/monsters like Treebeard, trolls, wargs & riders, Sauron of-course and maybe even the Balrog someday? Trolls would probably be the most likely of an unlikely bunch.

Ye I need that mithril shirt; The Mouth taunting our heroes with it is what immediately comes to mind when I think of him so that’s obviously the scene I wish to recreate in my display. I’ve currently got him doing that super jarring, unnatural smile he does which Aragorn reacts to with utter disgust. He’s such a memorable villain!

It would still be really great to know if separate diorama sets are on the table or the likelihood of larger characters/monsters like Treebeard, trolls, wargs & riders, Sauron of-course and maybe even the Balrog someday? Trolls would probably be the most likely of an unlikely bunch.

Pretty sure Asmus responded about stand alone dioramas that their license does not cover that so they can only do display stands.

Maybe that changed in their recent renegotiation of the license but somewhere back in either the Gandalf's cart posts that they had on display at a con or the discussion about the Moria tomb that was being requested that they said this.

I thought i would copy this post from the 1/6 Azog? thread here
Just some thoughts on the possibilities for Asmus 1/6 trolls.

1/6 trolls seem like a good idea, if done right. The Moria cave troll would be tempting, but the armoured troll that fights Aragorn at the Black Gates would be far more interesting to me. Perhaps if they sold a troll body with multiple heads and armour they would sell better (I know I would definitely buy one) that way with one figure you could pose either a cave troll, attack troll from ROTK or the Black Gate troll.

View attachment 463861
View attachment 463862
View attachment 463863

Or Asmus could release a generic troll body (i.e Moria Cave troll) and then follow this release with "Accessory packs" which include the armour and different heads for each of the troll looks?

That way they encourage buyers to buy more than one troll body if they want to display multiple types of troll at one time, appeal to buyers who would only want to buy one troll but are interested in switching up the looks and this might even appeal to buyers who are on the fence about owning a troll but like the customization possibilities.

Asmus could also this way extend the troll brand to the MANY troll types from the Battle of the Five Armies
View attachment 463864
View attachment 463865
View attachment 463866

I think if Asmus went with a plan like this it would mitigate the risk they would take in making a troll figure while appealing to as many people as possible.

What do you guys think?

Trolls are huge... even bigger than a Hulkbuster. Unless Asmus develops technology to create a HT-Hulk-like, hollow-but-well-sculpted-and-painted, shipped-disassembled figure that won't be too expensive, I can't see it coming. And once they did, they will want you to buy many whole trolls, with the particular accessory set/paintjob/sculpt as bait. That way they could squeeze the most cash off the R+D effort.
Too risky... We would have to pound Mr Asmus daily for 2 years for them to start considering the possibility......

There are quite a lot of LOTR figures I'd be interested in a 2.0 of, I didn't jump on the Asmus train until quite late in the line (but I'm here to stay! :lol )
I'm going to pick up a Gimli soon I think, so an updated Aragorn and Legolas would be top of the list.
Also updated versions of pretty much all the villains would ruin me financially but it would be worth it....

upcoming must haves:
Crown series Gandalf (pre-ordered)
Galadriel
Slim Mouth of Sauron (is he officially coming?)
that Theoden is REALLY tempting....

unannounced must haves are:
Sauron
Thranduil in his DOS throne-room berry-crown look (with his throne is the dream! - I would also LOVE if Asmus did his elk)
Lurtz
Treebeard (i'd be pretty tempted to get an updated Pippin and Merry to go with him)
Elrond - i prefer his Council of Elrond look

But if i'm being honest with myself I will probably be tempted by whatever Asmus put out in this line!

I can't help wasting my time wishful thinking along. I am skipping those figs already teased:

Crown Line
------------
- Sauron w/ metal armour and mace, with The Big One Ring. No replaceable hands, but fully articulated fingers, à la Witchking.

- Aragorn w/ rooted hair and HT-grade headsculpt, fabric boots and real leather on quiver and belts (no plasticky parts when they should be leathery), wooden bow and arrows, realistically weathered, in Strider attire but with extra accessories for Helms Deep look.

- Frodo & Sam w/ rooted hair on head and feet and (seamless?) articulated ankles, weathering applied with precaution to be compatible with just-left-the-Shire look or already-in-Mordor look), as extra: orc parts they wore when approaching Mount Doom, which we could use to build-an-orc (nudge nudge).

Regular Line
--------------
- Lurtz

- Elrond on big chair at Elrond's Council

- Gollum/Smeagol

- Legolas from The Hobbit, rooted hair (head made available loose, as Asmus did with Aragorn)

- Ian Holms Bilbo

- Balin

- Faramir

- Thranduil on throne (HT-grade head made available loose, as Asmus did with Aragorn)

- Gloin

- Horses and wargs (E.g. White horse done by Inflames for the Journey to the West Tang Monk figure)

Beasts Of Middle Earth Line (bigger figs but less-detailed and not necessarily always to scale, ship disassembled to cut costs)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Balrog

- Treebeard

- Trolls (lots of them)

- Witchking flying steed (or some part of it.....?)

That would be "it"...! I hope Santa Claus is listening.
And Mr Asmus please consider finishing the build-an-orc line!

Thank you. I love having a company that responds here and doesn’t get driven off by the few people who can never be pleased.
I think it’s amazing how far Asmus has come since you started this line!
I just hope the Nazgul 2.0 has a horse.

Critics who sustain their criticism with empirical, evidence-based reasoning should be always welcome by Asmus. Blind followers very rarely contribute anything to whatever they follow.

Wasn't MoS from a deleted scene? That he has become so popular out of that is remarkable!

RfC
m.

Any plans to release a Crown series LotR Ian Holm 111 year old Bilbo Baggins?

I really hope the next Crown line release is Legolas, Hobbit armored version or Helms Deep version. The previous version really has a lot of room for improvement. Such a popular character, you would think he would be sold out by now. Please consider him Asmus.

Sorry to ask such a daft question but what is 'Crown line'? Many thanks.

a friendly reminder ...

Asmus toys is very excited to announce the launch of our brand new, top graded product line - Asmus' Crown series.

The project of Crown series has been prepared for over two years, during the time, we have gather experiences and feedback based on the artists and factories to test the roof of our productivity, to see if we are ready to make something that will be worthy the crown. At last, everything is ready in place to begin.

The Crown series will be the ultimate integration of art and mass production, there will be skills that may only be applied by the hand of an artist, which will be personally taught to the production line, or even operated by the artist him/herself on the final product.

Every detail in The Crown series will be made into the finest detail, there will be no more compromise to mass production or cost, the demand for quality will be above all.

The Crown series will be the dedication to the fans who has been support Asmus over the 10 years, and we wish this will be a milestone to the next generation of collectible.

https://store.asmustoys.com/product-Gandalf-the-Grey-CRW001…

Sorry for straying away from Middle Earth but it is an Asmus question so...I just picked up the Hateful Eight John Ruth figure yesterday (late to the game I know) and was absolutely stunned by how excellent the figure turned out and pleased to see that the pictures really do not do it justice. You guys were even nice enough to "like" the picture that I posted of my new favorite figure on Instagram yesterday. I immediately ordered the other two figures in the line. Previously there was talk of more figures in the line...I think I can guess the answer as the film was released nearly 4 years ago but are there still any plans to release any additional figures in this line. I do not expect to ever have all eight...but one more would make me quite happy...you guys can even pick I won't be choosy :)

Not really a question, but just wanted to express the hope that Asmus will pursue the license to make figures for the highly anticipated Baldur's Gate 3 game. Or for that matter to make figures for the upcoming The Witcher tv series. (Geralt will look badass.)

If BG3 figures were a hit, that might lead to doing some of the beloved BG1 and 2 characters. And that would be a dream come true for me. Again, if BG3 is as successful as it's predecessors and Asmus or some other company on par with HT or Asmus Crown line pursues the license, etc.

Sorry for straying away from Middle Earth but it is an Asmus question so...I just picked up the Hateful Eight John Ruth figure yesterday (late to the game I know) and was absolutely stunned by how excellent the figure turned out and pleased to see that the pictures really do not do it justice. You guys were even nice enough to "like" the picture that I posted of my new favorite figure on Instagram yesterday. I immediately ordered the other two figures in the line. Previously there was talk of more figures in the line...I think I can guess the answer as the film was released nearly 4 years ago but are there still any plans to release any additional figures in this line. I do not expect to ever have all eight...but one more would make me quite happy...you guys can even pick I won't be choosy :)

Glad you like it! We're really proud of John Ruth as well!
And you guessed it... we are not planning more for the Hateful 8 series.

Glad you like it! We're really proud of John Ruth as well!
And you guessed it... we are not planning more for the Hateful 8 series.

Thank you so much for the response! I will enjoy the existing line and look forward to other excellent releases from Asmus. John Ruth was my first Asmus figure and after seeing how amazing it is in person I am planning to start a small LOTR collection! Keep up the great work!

Back