Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Radagast would probably be the only Middle-Earth figure I would pass on. I hope Asmus gets around to making him for the folks who want him, but he's just not for me. I felt everything about the character design and performance to be a little ... eh ... undignified.

But, like I say, I do hope the people who want him can eventually get him!

That?s how I feel too. He is probably the only one I would pass on.

Smaug as pointed out is too big even in 1/6..
012.jpg

Galadriel and Elrond is already in the works, so right after that, for you Lurtz and Balin seem to be on the top of the list? then it's Ra***ast maybe? what about Azog?
We of course have Gollum in mind but it will take us some time to develop (whole new body and parts. etc.)

View attachment 464848

Galadriel and Elrond is already in the works, so right after that, for you Lurtz and Balin seem to be on the top of the list? then it's Ra***ast maybe? what about Azog?
We of course have Gollum in mind but it will take us some time to develop (whole new body and parts. etc.)

View attachment 464848

Lurtz and Balin! Yes please!!
Then Radagast please. I still want an Azog firgure!

View attachment 464848

Lurtz? ABSOLUTELY!
Azog? YOU BET!
Balin? YES!
Gollum/Smeagol? 1,000,000%!

Radagast? Eh ... none for me, thanks.

Yes to Lurtz, Azog, Gollum. Could probably leave Balin and Radagast.

No love for Haldir and his gorgeous armour around here??
50250ecdb3fa083a3a7cd2289796f730.gif

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Galadriel, Elrond and Lurtz are 99% instant preorder for me. Gollum, of course, it's essential, so I hope there's a way to do the new body and whatever is needed, cause we need him badly.
As for the rest, Balin, Radagast, Haldir, all sound like interesting figures, but I highly doubt I'd buy them. My Asmus LOTR collection is pretty big now, and my space and budget are limited.
Now, I still need a Nazgul, preferably with steed. :)

Asmus after the ones you have in the works the top of my lists are

Uruk Hai
Lurtz
Faramir
Eowyn (2.0)
Halidir
More orcs or Uruk hai
Azog
Kwili, Balin, Dwalin pretty much any dwarf
Also a Helms Deep Aragorn is way up there

I could go on but really I would be happy with any of those. Radagast would be the only Middle Earth figure I might skip but it seems like he is up there for others.

Another figure I'd love to have is the Moria orc. It would be great with two interchangeable sculpts and/or removable helmet, several detachable armor pieces and different weapons. This way you could have two or three of them and make them look different. Just an idea! :) OrcWarsMoriaOrcs.jpg

Maybe we could have just Smaug's head in 1/6. I have the incredible Weta bust, but even at its big size, it's too small for 1/6.
87-02-01452_Hobbit_Smaug_Bust_002.jpg

Another figure I'd love to have is the Moria orc. It would be great with two interchangeable sculpts and/or removable helmet, several detachable armor pieces and different weapons. This way you could have two or three of them and make them look different. Just an idea! :) View attachment 464856

It would be neat if they could do them as a two pack with some different head and weapon choices. Maybe with the armor and body reuse they could get the pack in the $250 price range.

After giving it a good think, I've decided there are only four figures I wouldn't be interested in buying from Middle-Earth:

Radagast
Alfrid
The Master of Laketown
That that insane Todd McFarlane-style Troll from BoFA*

Any other figures from either trilogy would get a "Yes" or a "Hell Yes" vote from me.

* This guy. Ew. No.
McFarlaneTroll.jpg

Urgh, those cave and mountain trolls from BOTFA are horrid. Atrocious designs and terrible CGI. It's like they just gave up and signed off any old garbage to get the movie out.
fc1f969400e16506505f5d6fd2964764.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

As far as wish-listing goes:

Orcs and more orcs. big ones like Lurtz and Azog… little ones like the Moria orcs which I guess some would fall into Goblin territory.

Sauron

Gollum

Faramir really needs some good 1/6th love.

Grima Wormtongue

Haldir (and other Elves)

Redux of four main Hobbits

Armored Nazghul from Hobbit movie

Maybe Denethor?

Redux of Legolas

Dain with boar

That would be it for sure because that is pretty much everyone baring all the Dwarves from the Hobbit. Thoren is a great figure but I cant see myself getting any more then maybe Balin (especially Dwarves without beards - not even allowed).

Definitely want Elrond and Galadriel. Balin would be great too - as he's my favourite dwarf (with Thorin). Not really interested in any of the other dwarves.

My wish list:
Faramir
Helms Deep Aragorn
Coronation Aragorn
Gollum
Bilbo (Ian Holm version)
Eowyn (non-armored version)
Merry (Rohan)
Pippin (Gondor)
Also, new versions of Sam, Gandalf the White & Legolas...as I wasn't collecting the line when they were released first time around.

No doubt I could probably be tempted by many other characters not on that list too!! :lol

Elrond and Galadriel will be easy buys!
Lurtz and Gollum are also safe bets.
Honestly, as much as I like Balin as a character, I probably won't get any other dwarves than the Thorin I own...... a possible exception is Dain on his boar, it would be so cool - but funds and space would be a factor.
I would consider Azog as he does have a distinctive look...... but probably not tbh.

Thranduil's throneroom berry-crown look on his elk (elk could be sold separately) and/or on his throne (could be sold as a diorama piece) would be INSTANT buys.
To be honest other than Thorin and Bilbo (and of course Smaug) he is the only other Hobbit-only character I really like/am interested in.

Other than him - its pretty much all LOTR on my wishlist:
Sauron
Updated Aragorn
Updated Legolas
Gollum
updated Witch-King of Angmar and Twilight Witch-King

These are (plus Thranduil) my - "could not possibly hope to resist" list but if I'm being honest with myself I would give most LOTR characters at least a second thought.

Hello Asmus. Thanks for the awesome LOTR/Hobbit figures!

I?m really looking forward to the new Crown Series Gandalf The Grey, but PLEASE... Can you upgrade his outfit a bit?

Most importantly, can you please make the robes from a fabric that hangs and drapes more naturally and looks a little more like the rough-woven costume fabric? Also, maybe make the robes a bit longer?

Secondly, can we get a belt that looks a bit more like the woven belt Gandalf has in the film? The belt we have on the existing figure is nice, but (forgive my bluntness) looks a bit like a shoelace.

Finally, if possible, and not too expensive, would it be possible to get some blue stitching details near the hem of the robes, rather than that satiny strip of fabric? The ?satin stripe? looks nice, but seems a bit of a departure from the design seen on screen.

I think these tweaks would really improve the figure.

Thanks for interacting with collectors on the forum! It is really appreciated!

Back