Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :lol

Well, today I learned. I've been collecting HT figures for about 10 years now and although I was aware of different batches and some tweaks now and then, I never thought to check the series number to actually see.
But seeing I'm in Europe and often have to wait for about 3 months or more after HK release before my seller gets the figures in stock, I'm guessing it's the V2 batch figures that make it into my collection.

Didn't know there were batch-differences already for Maul. Anyone got any pictures?

That's interesting. I really wondered what versions are those in European retailers. And there is possibility LCDN receive 1st version since they directly receive from HT.

UPDATE: Oh, it's a joke.

Well can't believe this one. Legit Maul V2 is up !!

From Solo. Unbelievable !!

c8671af443f0bb196d5a22f3ffa58b96.jpg

5347a7d6c857c03283341d61549ff7a2.jpg

e102c66aa4ba4043f5453c64ec57db87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This and old Kenobi in a detolf.

I honestly thought this was some kind of joke at first, but nope! To be fair, it does look pretty cool, but still an odd choice for having such a tiny part in that movie

Odd?? Nothing odd about the Solo Maul release at all. He's Darth freaking Maul. A pretty big SW fan favorite.

And as far as screen time, we saw him for much longer on screen in Solo than the Patrol Trooper. No one questioned that guys release cause everyone loves and wants SW Troopers. And he was also a plot point for the story (setting up a sequel) and had dialogue. Not to mention he plays a large part in the CW & rebels animated series as others pointed out.

He looks great.

Odd?? Nothing odd about the Solo Maul release at all. He's Darth freaking Maul. A pretty big SW fan favorite.

And as far as screen time, we saw him for much longer on screen in Solo than the Patrol Trooper. No one questioned that guys release cause everyone loves and wants SW Troopers. And he was also a plot point for the story (setting up a sequel) and had dialogue. Not to mention he plays a large part in the CW & rebels animated series as others pointed out.

He looks great.

I don't disagree with most of your post but lots of people questioned the Patrol Trooper lol. Especially with the Range Trooper having such a huge scene, lots didn't understand why they picked that one and not the Range.

Just got Sideshow email that DX with speeder is shipping next Tuesday. No news on John Wick, which I believe came out a bit earlier.

I don't disagree with most of your post but lots of people questioned the Patrol Trooper lol. Especially with the Range Trooper having such a huge scene, lots didn't understand why they picked that one and not the Range.

I think the Range Trooper is an awful design personally. Something that will never have a place in my SW collection. His BS 6" figure is very cheap as is the 3 3/4" figures. He doesn't seem to be selling well. I think it would be much better looking without the fur collar and the mechano boots. But I guess since it's a cold weather trooper.... Like a fur collar would make a difference on top of armor. I get the machano boots at least to help walking in deep snow I guess.

The Patrol Trooper on the other hand fits right in with the OT trooper designs. And he is selling well at all scales. Surprised they didn't make the Mimban Trooper. At least it's pretty much a dirty OT Stormtrooper. With a cape.

I agree about the uselessness of the fur coat. I would however be tempted by the Range Trooper because I think it makes a better figure than a "real" trooper.

I'd much prefer a Tank Trooper than Range Trooper anyway...

That's interesting. I really wondered what versions are those in European retailers. And there is possibility LCDN receive 1st version since they directly receive from HT.

UPDATE: Oh, it's a joke.

I think the V1 or V2 markings on the packaging was the joke. The different batches thing seems real I think.

I’m excited, worried, and confused all at once lol. This $440 figure that was supposed to come out quite awhile from now will be arriving Tuesday, and then Dooku, Yoda, and Bespin Leia (should) be coming quite soon... much more than I anticipated to be spending at this particular time.

However, cannot wait to get this bad boy in hand! And now, confused because I’m definitely trying to figure out where Solo Maul decided to come from after his 30 second screen time. But those robot legs... I want, nay I NEED to get him. So... much... at one time.

Yet...with all of that.. I’m still really hoping SDCC reveals some awesome OT stuff and some other things I’m hoping for.

FILL MY PLATE FURTHER HOT TOYS!

We can sit here and ponder till our nose bleeds but we will never understand why these companies do what they do.

It only makes sense to them. And it should, it’s their company, their product and their release. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We can sit here and ponder till our nose bleeds but we will never understand why these companies do what they do.

It only makes sense to them. And it should, it’s their company, their product and their release. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly. :lecture

He looks great.

Cool the jets dude, I know who Darth Maul is XD

In fact I'm thinking about getting the ep 1 Maul.

And in all fairness, this is more than just a repaint/remold, so good on HT for that. Though to also be fair the movie tanked, so that added a bit to the oddness for me.

Thanks for the heads. I’m gonna get my order in now that they are shipping soon.

Ive heard both..I ordered the regular version today. Got it half price by using my Spook rewards.:yess:

Sweet. I was searching for the Han Solo version Maul on BBTS and one of these were available there so I just scooped it up. That’ll save me ~$19 compared to buying from Sideshow. I don’t mind waiting a couple weeks more.

Yeah I just saw the promo pics for the Solo Maul. I prefer the facial expression on that one to the god awful second head on this figure. Wish they had reversed them, or given that shrieking head to the Solo Maul and given us a proper snarl on this one.

Back