Disney's Lion King (CGI Remake)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fortunately for me when they showed the Lion King trailer before Spider-Man Far From Home the other day my kids let out an audible groan when the LK characters returned a second time to tell people to silence their phones. Phew, lol.

I thought the "live-action" Jungle Book was weird. Thought that bear was going to eat the little boy in any second. It looked too real.

TLK looks even real-er.

Unfortunately, I think Aladdin and BATB did well enough to justify continued rehash. Time will tell if this goes into the Dumbo pile.

It's OK. I'm really curious what the hell Disney will do when its literally remade all of its IPs. I mean, what's left? Dean Jones comedies from the 60's/70's again? That Darn Cat and the re-return of Herbie?

Unfortunately, I think Aladdin and BATB did well enough to justify continued rehash. Time will tell if this goes into the Dumbo pile.

It's OK. I'm really curious what the hell Disney will do when its literally remade all of its IPs. I mean, what's left? Dean Jones comedies from the 60's/70's again? That Darn Cat and the re-return of Herbie?
you know Snow White, Bambi, Peter Pan and Hunchback are inevitable, right?

Well, maybe not Hunchback. Change that to Pocahontas.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Peter Pan

I wouldn't mind a live action Peter Pan. Daniel Day Lewis as Capt Hook would be AMAZING, and the only one that can top Dustin Hofman. If they're smart, they'll add Ruffio even though he's not in the original cartoon version. Peter Pan should look like an Elf. Jacob Tremblay looks identical to the cartoon Pan.

It's OK. I'm really curious what the hell Disney will do when its literally remade all of its IPs. I mean, what's left?

Pixar-style remakes of all the same films, lol.

What's up with the rotten RT score? Is it that bad? Trailers look amazing.

It seems like the issues are this:

-sticking too much to the original, in that dialogue and scenes are often the same
-real animals aren't as expressive as cartoon animated characters, so it looks weird when animals are talking but unable to movie their mouths and facial features much
-doesn't go as extravagant with the musical numbers since it would look ridiculous in live-action

So really the only reason to see it is if you're interested in how realistic they made it look, which I'm fine with but that doesn't make for an Oscar winning movie.

Critics are dumb. They fear their stupid childhoods will be ruined by remaking a movie, then when the movie is actually a visually upgraded carbon copy of the original they complain because it's too similar. Maybe the original wasn't that good to begin with once you take off the nostalgia glasses. Same goes for every Disney animated film. :lol

Very true. I like a lot of movies or songs that aren’t good because I was younger and liked them then. I hate when people say something rapes their childhood. A world of babies now. I like what I like and it doesn’t matter if everyone likes everything you do. Röpke need to make their own opinions. I want to see this one but even tough I like the original movie I thought the second act was too short showing simba grow on the bridge. I understand why they did that but I wanted to see more him and pumba and Timon

Back