Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That should rise up a concerns as Geralt isn't suppose to be THAT muscular.

He’s staying in shape for something.
The man has discipline and dedication that’s for sure:
View attachment 442803View attachment 442804

Well I guess a couple of Mill $ per pic and a personal trainer would be dedication enough for me too :)

He's a big guy. I almost thought that scene in MoS with him coming ashore from the burning oil rig with beard and no top was somehow "enhanced". But looking at this pic perhaps they were real after all !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdGuN4sv0-4

Well not a surprise, they still haven't released the figures they displayed as 'coming soon'.

This time between Christmas and the end of Chinese New Year is probably the worst time for us collectors, everything shuts down. Probably looking at April before Aquaman and Flash reach most retailers now and the Summer for Superman and regular Batman.

I'm sure it's completely unreasonable, but I can't help but hope that the reason Superman is taking longer than it seems he should is because HT is working on a proper JL sculpt. Doubtful, but a guy can hope.

I'm sure it's completely unreasonable, but I can't help but hope that the reason Superman is taking longer than it seems he should is because HT is working on a proper JL sculpt. Doubtful, but a guy can hope.
In the past they've always announced when they make major changes or additions to a figure, but I guess it's not a rule they have to follow. It would be awesome though. If not maybe someone can shrink down the Prime 1 sculpt.

As opposed to an LED heat vision snarling BvS sculpt as being the newly fabricated sculpt, I really wish this figure boasted a smiling or subtle smirking sculpt instead. It would so reflect his happier, much more confident, JL personality much better.

Even with having the MoS and BvS figures already, I probably would have been more tempted to pull the trigger for this one as well.

I'm hoping there's at least a new sculpt, I agree, a smiling one would be great. So laser eyes for angry, smiling for just a good looking Cavill sculpt. Hope they do it.

A nice new sculpt (something that actually looks like Cavill) would make me buy this figure.
The same old (ugly) sculpt is an easy pass, I already have the BvS figure and the MoS one.
I'll just buy the heat vision sculpt from a scalper.

I'm hoping there's at least a new sculpt, I agree, a smiling one would be great. So laser eyes for angry, smiling for just a good looking Cavill sculpt. Hope they do it.

There is a new sculpt.

I believe HT considers the “new sculpt/newly fabricated sculpt” to be the LED heat vision sculpt, being that it features the heat vision and an entirely different expression (the snarl). However, the hair is still BvS accurate and not JL accurate, so even though it’s a newly fabricated sculpt, I consider it to be a BvS heat vision sculpt.

Then for the normal sculpt option if you don’t want to use the new heat vision sculpt, they just simply recycled and repainted the BvS sculpt.

The MoS sculpt I think is more accurate to JL than the BvS one, being that his hair is at least parted the correct way. I also think the MoS sculpt is a better portrait overall.

Normally I defend HT against complainers but in this instance, there is no excuse. The initial promo shot of the team years ago showed Superman with his hair parted differently, so outdated concept art isn't to blame for this. They were just being cheap by reusing the BvS sculpt.

Hoping Eleven/Vimal might produce a proper sculpt through OneSixthKit or something.

Normally I defend HT against complainers but in this instance, there is no excuse. The initial promo shot of the team years ago showed Superman with his hair parted differently, so outdated concept art isn't to blame for this. They were just being cheap by reusing the BvS sculpt.

Hoping Eleven/Vimal might produce a proper sculpt through OneSixthKit or something.

Exactly.

This particular promo shot came out well in advance:

Justice-League-Movie-Superman-Comic-Book-Adaption.jpg

Had they done this sculpt with that expression, it would have been quite difficult to pass on this figure for me, even with already having the MoS and BvS versions. Not to mention I would have been more inclined to try and collect the other JL figures from the film.

Or even an expression like this (essentially the same thing):

F37EFCCE-E97D-4BCB-8F31-84DE3E4BC96D.jpeg

I concur that HT simply recycling the BvS sculpt was pure laziness. And the fact that they made the hair on the LED heat vision sculpt accurate to BvS indicates to me they had no intentions of fabricating a JL accurate sculpt from the beginning and planned on just recycling the BvS sculpt, being that they made the hair on the LED sculpt BvS accurate so that way the hair style on the two sculpts would be consistent.

I tend to look on the positive side. BvS sculpt still looks good to me. So it's a bonus to get it and a new sculpt with light up feature.

However imagine a different scenario if HT decided to do one single new sculpt and gave him a wierd face. The risk of a bad sculpt is always there.

Personally I'd prefer to have 2 sculpts.

HT can never please everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two sculpts are indeed a nice package. Neither are from JL though. This figure to me is essentially BvS, with a slightly brighter suit. Which is inaccurate to BvS.

It’s unequivocally a great offering if one wants an amalgamation of BvS and JL.

It's great for those that didn't buy the BvS version or care much for movie accuracy but a slap in the face for everyone else in my opinion.

I sold my BvS Superman and will be getting this so that probably makes me a hypocrite lol but I can see why many collectors aren't happy.

HT being lazy is definition of HT.

BS, the only lazy thing here is your comment.
HT didn't get where they are by being lazy.
The reason we notice when they cut corners (like they do on this figure) is because that's not their usual MO.

Back