1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as canon goes, we'll have to see what they do in the new movies. ;)

It will probably be a Fett-filled trilogy...Disney will absolutely bring him back...for a tiny part in 2 movies originally...then added back into the first...and his father added into the first trilogy...he is the biggest market character in the Star Wars universe...

Love this figure!

03bc1a1ce738cb94008557736bd54e91_zpscf95a0d7.jpg

He better be in the new trilogy. Too badass not to be!

Too badass not to be!

Ok, but to be truthful, the "badassness" is in look only. In the original movies he doesn't do anything except stand around and then play comic relief in RotJ. He was really underused in the OT, and it's one of the things I'd have changed in those stories.

Ok, but to be truthful, the "badassness" is in look only. In the original movies he doesn't do anything except stand around and then play comic relief in RotJ. He was really underused in the OT, and it's one of the things I'd have changed in those stories.

True, he was just "there" a lot of the time. But they really dropped the ball on the bounty hunters in general. It would've been cool for them to focus on that part of the story in depth. If even for just a spin-off movie, I want to see that. But it really could be a few movies when it's all said and done. Fans will go crazy.

& I'm with you on that. They should've made him a bigger part of the OT. As with everything, just blame George Lucas. :lol

He was never supposed to be a big part of the OT. He was there to be the "Boogie Man" with his beat up look and Wookie Scalps. He was just for show. The cool costume and lack of detailed history created the mystery that helped make him so popular. I would have preferred him to not even have been in ROTJ. That would have furthered his mystery and left the character open to future stories without the whole "did he" or "didn't he" survive the sarlacc.
One of the possible ideas (which is believe is Lawrence Kasdan's idea) is that someone else takes over the mantle of "Boba Fett" and uses his rep. We'll see what happens.

Things get tricky and sketchy when people start using that word, "supposed." The movies are what they are and the characters were portrayed the way they were. The prequels weren't "supposed" to be crap, but… Oh well.

Should-haves, could-haves aren't going to change any of the movies.

Boba was just a notch above a nameless character and I think most people agree that Lucas and everyone else involved with the movies could have fleshed out some of the B characters a little more instead of spending so much time filling every scene with so many essentially nameless throw-aways. For people into the books, video games and the rest of the expanded universe, there's probably additional depth to many characters that others don't see. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but I draw the line at following stories outside the movies. That's just not SW to me. Could they make a movie around Fett? Sure, anything's possible. I think the success of such a picture would rely on how well the next movie(s) reinvigorate the franchise. At the moment, I don't' think a Fett movie would fly - in fact I'd wager it would be a flop.

Boba Fett for all of his backstory and mythology is really nothing more than a happy accident that happened developing TESB. The character grew out of a Super Stormtrooper idea that didn't quite work without some color. It was only in ROTJ they deliberately wrote for the character and look how well that worked out.

Boba Fett for all of his backstory and mythology is really nothing more than a happy accident that happened developing TESB. The character grew out of a Super Stormtrooper idea that didn't quite work without some color. It was only in ROTJ they deliberately wrote for the character and look how well that worked out.

Boba only got a backstory when George realized he had a fanbase. He should have left it alone as the mystery of the mask and his dealings with Vader were perfect.

The argument could be made that Star Wars itself is an accident (at least the OT).

I'm glad I got this figure when it first came out. Can't believe the prices people are asking for him now
Tell me about. I came late with this figure collection, so almost all the original trilogy figures I bought from eBay. So it cost me a lot. Next figure to get is the Sideshow Boba Feet. Just looking for a reasonable price now.

Tell me about. I came late with this figure collection, so almost all the original trilogy figures I bought from eBay. So it cost me a lot. Next figure to get is the Sideshow Boba Feet. Just looking for a reasonable price now.

Anyone know of anyone selling one of these bad boys?

Just be patient. Sideshow is sure to release the ROTJ version in the next year or two. That will mean this one will drop in price (like the ANH Darth Vader has), and you will be able to choose between the two versions.

Just be patient. Sideshow is sure to release the ROTJ version in the next year or two. That will mean this one will drop in price (like the ANH Darth Vader has), and you will be able to choose between the two versions.

:pray:

Us Europeans are getting a re-release of the ESB Boba figure if you can order from here.

I still have a couple in stock if any UK Freaks need one and lots of older Sideshow Star Wars Sixth Scale Figures.

I still have a couple in stock if any UK Freaks need one and lots of older Sideshow Star Wars Sixth Scale Figures.

Hi would you like to let me know by pm what you have and prices? I'm in Dublin, Ireland.

Sent from atop my Dewback

Back