Has anyone ever tried to raise a Detolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I raised on top of my Sub...not bad.

Do you not use that sub? I have a pair of Velodynes with 10" cones that would rattle a Detolf anywhere in the same room - or the room next to them. I don't even want to think about having a tower of figures on top of one. ;)

Haha....i do, but i don't get to get the volume to high...have 2 little girls and the moments when me and my wife get to watch a movie is when they are sleeping in the next room...

My sub would shatter the glass lol, I wouldnt run that sub with a detolf on top.

My sub isn't that powerful, just enough to enjoy a good movie soundtrack...tried a couple of scene with good bass this morning at high volume and no ratling on detolf...so I'm good :cool:

Has anyone tried a foremost cube? Think they would hold a detolf?
I'm so angry about ikea getting rid of the 1x1s.. I finally bought my detolfs and now I can't raise them.. So dumb!
Any suggestions are welcome! Anyone had luck finding any alternatives?

Has anyone tried a foremost cube? Think they would hold a detolf?
I'm so angry about ikea getting rid of the 1x1s.. I finally bought my detolfs and now I can't raise them.. So dumb!
Any suggestions are welcome! Anyone had luck finding any alternatives?

I'm still waiting for a good base to raise. Don't want to custom make one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can try the IKEA LACK side table.

That new table is too wide and deep. Doesn't match the dimensions of the detolf. Some of you guys in here suggest putting it on its side and place the detolf on top. I'm not sure if that is a good way. Has anyone in here tried this method?

Yeah, I passed over the lack because it was like 21x21.. Sounded way too big!

But on it's side, won't it lose all the structural integrity? Do you guys use that lack side table under detolfs? Anyone got any pics?

But on it's side, won't it lose all the structural integrity? Do you guys use that lack side table under detolfs? Anyone got any pics?

Good question. I like to know this too. I saw someone in the other thread that had this and places the detolf on top of it the normal way. It looks way big and sticks out too much. Not flushed at all.

That specific cabinet, MUSKEN, isn't available in North America - BUT… There are other bedside tables that would likely work very well. Just search for "bedside table" and pick your favorites.

Back