English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technically the League Cup is a more 'prestigious tournament' in terms of how it affects European standings, compared to the FA Cup.

The League Cup & FA Cup have become bit of a waist of time really. Pretty much all the big clubs play there reserve teams until they reach the Semi's if they get that far.

Who should I put my money on to reach CL final Axe? I'm thinking an all Madrid final

Yes id go with that aswell. As well as madrid are well drilled, and very similar to chelsea in that respect, chelsea have the know how and manager to get them through.
They do look alarmingly lacklustre without Hazard though.

Really hope Liverpool smash chelsea in 2 weeks.
They really deserve to win the league this season.

Chelsea will never be a bigger club then Liverpool.
Their fans are as plastic as those naff flags they wave before games at Stamford Bridge.
So hope Liverpool win the tittle, rather than those financed by the Russia Mafia.

Atletico Madrid are no mugs & I think Diego Simeone will put one over on the Moody One

Come you you 'pool!

Would love them to do it! What a display from Stevie G after the game, that guy is inspirational. If any current Arsenal player had 50% of what Stevie G has I would be happy.

Chelsea will never be a bigger club then Liverpool.
Their fans are as plastic as those naff flags they wave before games at Stamford Bridge.
So hope Liverpool win the tittle, rather than those financed by the Russia Mafia.

Atletico Madrid are no mugs & I think Diego Simeone will put one over on the Moody One

They are my favourites.

hope atletico do win ucl, hate the other 3 teams with a passion.

credit to liverpool this season

-playing the most entertaining football ive seen this year
-best strike force in europe
-steve g
-brendan rodgers
-finished 7th last year and now their ahead by 4 points

if united hadnt done so bad this year, maybe liverpool wouldnt be 20 points ahead of them. david moyes should be sacked for that alone

if united hadnt done so bad this year, maybe liverpool wouldnt be 20 points ahead of them. david moyes should be sacked for that alone

That would be one of many reasons why he should be sacked.

Unfortunately the fact that his team managed to hold their own against Bayern Munich for roughly 3 quarters of a two legged tie will probably be enough to convince the board that he's capable of turning things around in the long term if they give him enough money to spend.

The one possible light at the end of the tunnel has been the speculation that United have sent representatives to have a chat with Holland manager Louis Van Gaal about taking over after the World Cup.

United have denied it but Van Gaal is on record as saying he wants to manage in the Premier League and he's apparently been stalling on an offer from Spurs which seems to indicate he may be waiting to see what happens with the United situation.

He would be the ideal replacement because he's won trophies with some of the biggest clubs around and has the kind of reputation that will attract top players regardless of the lack of Champions League football.

If it happened then I'd start watching United again because someone of his calibre would at least get them playing decent football, even if it took a while to build another succesful team.

It was an emotional day. Four massive cup finals left for us.

Wasn't it just! At 2-2 I thought City were going on to win it but great courage and spirit shown by the reds.

Sterling was sensational in the first half. He must have secured himself a WC place. I hope Sturridge is ok, would be a massive blow for him not to make the plane to Brazil.

Unfortunately the fact that his team managed to hold their own against Bayern Munich for roughly 3 quarters of a two legged tie will probably be enough to convince the board that he's capable of turning things around in the long term if they give him enough money to spend.

I thought you stopped watching and caring about Utd? Since then you've constantly still talked about them and seem to know a lot...:dunno

hope atletico do win ucl, hate the other 3 teams with a passion.

credit to liverpool this season

-playing the most entertaining football ive seen this year
-best strike force in europe
-steve g
-brendan rodgers
-finished 7th last year and now their ahead by 4 points

Same here. I can't stand any of them 3 either, I suppose I'm meant to support Chelsea being that there the only British team left but I'll be backing Athletico all the way :lol If they go out against Chelsea then I couldn't give a **** who wins it.

Isn't Ronaldo out of the Semi? If he is then that's a huge blow to Real because there so much better with him. Bayern, Real & Chelsea haven't impressed much during the 1/4 finals, Athletico on the other hand were outstanding.

I thought you stopped watching and caring about Utd? Since then you've constantly still talked about them and seem to know a lot...:dunno

1.I haven't watched them on TV since before Christmas.

2.Following a team for 30 years has proven to be a habit that's hard to kick completely. I still read about them in the papers.

3.I'm guessing you're trying to stir the pot. Again.

Last time that ended with a lot of posts being deleted.

I don't want to go there again, so if you can't be civil then just put me on ignore.

Constantly sniping at me just because I'm a casual fan of a team you have an irrational hatred of is pointless.

I don't want to go there again, so if you can't be civil then just put me on ignore.

Constantly sniping at me just because I'm a casual fan of a team you have an irrational hatred of is pointless.

I know what you typed in your post before you edited it yesterday! It was disgusting. Maybe you should put me on ignore first because as long as you keep posting your BS here I'll still be around.

I know what you typed in your post before you edited it yesterday! It was disgusting. Maybe you should put me on ignore first because as long as you keep posting your BS here I'll still be around.

Fans of other teams that post here have for the most part kept any "banter" about my decisions lighthearted, or at least had the dignity to have their say and move on. I didn't necessarily agree, but I can respect that approach.

You on the other hand seem unable to leave things be....I don't tend to respond well to bullies.

Atletico Madrid buys stakes in our City's team. We will now be wearing Part of our colours the same as Atletico. :horror

Barcelona Youth team are the inaugral champions of the UEFA Youth League (the Champions League equivalent for youth teams of Europe)

hi-res-6afaa271fb67c9652772264905492109_crop_north.jpg

I wish the first team could rekindle their lacklustre performances by being inspired by the kids who will be sniping at their starting lineup considering the fact that they wont be allowed any transfers the upcoming season and will have to only rely on their existing La Masia players.

Not a problem for the attack or midfield. But for the defence! :slap

Last edited:
Atletico Madrid buys stakes in our City's team. We will now be wearing Part of our colours the same as Atletico. :horror

Barcelona Youth team are the inaugral champions of the UEFA Youth League (the Champions League equivalent for youth teams of Europe)

I wish the first team could rekindle their lacklustre performances by being inspired by the kids who will be sniping at their starting lineup considering the fact that they wont be allowed any transfers the upcoming season and will have to only rely on their existing La Masia players.

Not a problem for the attack or midfield. But for the defence! :slap

I think a lot of teams would like to be as "lacklustre" as Barca.

The transfer ban is a bummer but if it allows some youth players to come through it could work out well over the long term.

Did you see the way they have been playing since beating Madrid? They have lost to relegation threatened teams, completely outplayed by Atletico. They completely lack any sort of sheen that they had for so many years been lauded for. The high pressing game which they were so famous for is gone, Dortmund play like that.

I have no issues with the team losing.

Winning and losing are a part of the game. But I have issues with not seeing players giving their 100%. and THAT is what has happened to them. Messi seems to be avoiding taking on defenders worried because he doesnt want any injury to harm the world cup in two months. So do the other big guys. Everyone is saving their health for the World Cup.

This attitude is what happens when you win too many trophies and become less hungry. Pathetic.

The youth problems is not an issue, the problem is traditionally Barca have never had any good defender coming out of the youth setup. And everyone knows Barcelona are good at everything but defending.

The transfer ban is also bad for out on loan players like Deulofeu in Everton. He is getting the right amount of tutelage playing in the BPL under Martinez. The ban means he will be back playing for the B team which wont offer him the challenges of top flight football. And he is not good enough to break into the first team where he will have to replace players like Messi, Neymar, Pedro, Alexis and Tello.

Did you see the way they have been playing since beating Madrid? They have lost to relegation threatened teams, completely outplayed by Atletico. They completely lack any sort of sheen that they had for so many years been lauded for. The high pressing game which they were so famous for is gone, Dortmund play like that.

I have no issues with the team losing.

Winning and losing are a part of the game. But I have issues with not seeing players giving their 100%. and THAT is what has happened to them. Messi seems to be avoiding taking on defenders worried because he doesnt want any injury to harm the world cup in two months. So do the other big guys. Everyone is saving their health for the World Cup.

This attitude is what happens when you win too many trophies and become less hungry. Pathetic.

The youth problems is not an issue, the problem is traditionally Barca have never had any good defender coming out of the youth setup. And everyone knows Barcelona are good at everything but defending.

The transfer ban is also bad for out on loan players like Deulofeu in Everton. He is getting the right amount of tutelage playing in the BPL under Martinez. The ban means he will be back playing for the B team which wont offer him the challenges of top flight football. And he is not good enough to break into the first team where he will have to replace players like Messi, Neymar, Pedro, Alexis and Tello.

I have seen a few clips of games here and there, I'm trying to broaden my footballing horizons beyond the Premier League :wink1:

United lost their Godfather and his most trusted coaches, Barca have lost their hunger.

Both are having their effect, and it's obviously hard seeing your team go from where they've been to a lesser position, even moreso when highly paid players appear to be phoning in their performances.

The single worst thing about what's happened to United is the change of style. If they were still playing aggressive, counter attacking "never say die" football their slump this year would have been easier to watch but they've become so negative that in some cases I literally started to fall asleep.

Age and injuries have had their effect but these are still mostly the same players that were getting to the CL final regularly a few years ago, even if they got battered in two of them :wink1:. Yet it has looked increasingly like they gave up as soon as Fergie announced his retirement.

What amazed me about the transfer ban was that one team got singled out. There's so much money in the game now that widespread corruption isn't beyond the realms of possibility so just going after a big name smells like someone's got an agenda.

Back