Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could it be.....that Trevor is actually the Mandarin and that he's pretending to be Trevor to cover his ***? Maybe it was all real? Maybe he does have mystic rings and used them to control Killian?

Could it be.....that Trevor is actually the Mandarin and that he's pretending to be Trevor to cover his ***? Maybe it was all real? Maybe he does have mystic rings and used them to control Killian?

The time to do that would have been at the end of IM3. Even though I think it would be the way to go, I won't believe it till I see it.

[video]https://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/01/15/all-hail-the-king-first-video-of-ben-kingsleys-marvel-one-shot-exclusive/[/video]

Fist clip.

Trevor is the very definition of a weak sauce villian. He's ironic enough to keep the hipster crowd happy though. :lol

and obviously enough to make the eunuchs of the world cry for months about a movie :lol

Still predicting a Trevor volte-face?

oleoleole.gif

I can't believe I'm actually giving this movie a 4. After seeing the first trailer a few months ago I was stoked.

Hey guys, new member here :wave

I really didn't enjoy this movie. I thought it was good up to....
well I won't spoil it for you guys but theres a twist in this movie I didn't enjoy very much. This movie could have been so much better if Nolan directed it.

I think now is the perfect time actually, sets him up as a recurring character in the MCU and if the twist is a double twist half volley surprise it'll blow away alot of people.

You'lll neverrrr seee it cominnnngggggg

It could be the best or the worst followup in MCU history. No inbetweens.

Well I saw that BB finally had this blu on sale for $19.99 so I went ahead and picked it up. I watched it last night for only the third time total.

I *really* liked it. After a year and a half of adjusted expectations (and a little extra knowledge from the "Hail to the King" one shot) I think I might prefer this movie to all of Phase I save TFA!

It obviously doesn't set itself up as showcasing Iron Man at his most badass. It just assumes that that's a given, or that you at least like him enough to allow him to go on a total sidetrack adventure. Because that's what this is. Just him tying up a ton of loose ends and "facing demons" from his past as he mentions time and again. And this movie does an excellent job of showing him do that.

What a risk! Okay, yeah they went all out with the 42 armors that conveniently make for a minimum of 42 different action figures. Duh.

But after watching TWS and being so enthralled with Steve's "street clothes" moments, I really didn't have a problem watching them take a similar approach with Tony. I said it in the other thread but this is a movie that just keeps you on your toes every five minutes. Yes, the "twists" sometimes undermine moments that could have made him cooler (like him not being present for the Air Force One rescue.) But dammit its so hard to watch an unpredictable movie these days. Kudos to them for doing it. I remember watching this in the theater and being genuinely shocked that the 42 encased Pepper when his mansion was destroyed and that was just the beginning. Trevor, the IP Trojan Horse, Mk 42 Drone, Pepper's "death," Killian's "death", Stark removing the shrapnel from his chest, and then not to be outdone the kicker at the end of the credits that the whole movie was just a tale told to the Hulk while he slept! And that when Stark realizes that he dismisses the whole thing and moves on to suckling his nanny at age 13 or whatever. Classic!

I get that this is just another MOS or ASM2 for *lots* of people. However, if you take the premise as gospel, then Black and company did a damn fine job of articulating it on screen.

I even do think he came across as a real hero with real growth from beginning to end. Encasing Killian in the 42 was badass even if Pepper still got to deliver the coup de grace a few moments later. And I like that for most of the movie he was a **** to the little kid but then loaded his garage with state of the art hardware as a way of showing his appreciation and to do a better job of respecting the "little guys" and not breeding more Killians.

More screen time for superhero suits is always ideal, but they really flourished when they were on screen. When the kid opens the barn doors and the remaining pieces of the 42 take to the sky as the music swells is one of my favorite moments in the movie. This was just a very good transitionary film. I know people want that next level of superhero awesome with each new sequel, and in some ways this is more of an Iron Man 2.5 that exists to pave the way for Stark 2.0 but I just respect this movie and what they attempted too much to find fault with their approach.

And that closing credit sequence. Off the charts cool.

Well I saw that BB finally had this blu on sale for $19.99 so I went ahead and picked it up. I watched it last night for only the third time total.

I *really* liked it. After a year and a half of adjusted expectations (and a little extra knowledge from the "Hail to the King" one shot) I think I might prefer this movie to all of Phase I save TFA!

It obviously doesn't set itself up as showcasing Iron Man at his most badass. It just assumes that that's a given, or that you at least like him enough to allow him to go on a total sidetrack adventure. Because that's what this is. Just him tying up a ton of loose ends and "facing demons" from his past as he mentions time and again. And this movie does an excellent job of showing him do that.

What a risk! Okay, yeah they went all out with the 42 armors that conveniently make for a minimum of 42 different action figures. Duh.

But after watching TWS and being so enthralled with Steve's "street clothes" moments, I really didn't have a problem watching them take a similar approach with Tony. I said it in the other thread but this is a movie that just keeps you on your toes every five minutes. Yes, the "twists" sometimes undermine moments that could have made him cooler (like him not being present for the Air Force One rescue.) But dammit its so hard to watch an unpredictable movie these days. Kudos to them for doing it. I remember watching this in the theater and being genuinely shocked that the 42 encased Pepper when his mansion was destroyed and that was just the beginning. Trevor, the IP Trojan Horse, Mk 42 Drone, Pepper's "death," Killian's "death", Stark removing the shrapnel from his chest, and then not to be outdone the kicker at the end of the credits that the whole movie was just a tale told to the Hulk while he slept! And that when Stark realizes that he dismisses the whole thing and moves on to suckling his nanny at age 13 or whatever. Classic!

I get that this is just another MOS or ASM2 for *lots* of people. However, if you take the premise as gospel, then Black and company did a damn fine job of articulating it on screen.

I even do think he came across as a real hero with real growth from beginning to end. Encasing Killian in the 42 was badass even if Pepper still got to deliver the coup de grace a few moments later. And I like that for most of the movie he was a **** to the little kid but then loaded his garage with state of the art hardware as a way of showing his appreciation and to do a better job of respecting the "little guys" and not breeding more Killians.

More screen time for superhero suits is always ideal, but they really flourished when they were on screen. When the kid opens the barn doors and the remaining pieces of the 42 take to the sky as the music swells is one of my favorite moments in the movie. This was just a very good transitionary film. I know people want that next level of superhero awesome with each new sequel, and in some ways this is more of an Iron Man 2.5 that exists to pave the way for Stark 2.0 but I just respect this movie and what they attempted too much to find fault with their approach.

And that closing credit sequence. Off the charts cool.

I'm liking Khev more and more each day!

Remember I tried to say this last year, and all you'd rebut is your disdain for the drone suits not actually having Stark in them. :(

Great post and insight though.

Back