Original, Unaltered Cut Of Star Wars Trilogy To Be Released On Blu-ray By Disney?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they can work out the legal hell there have been a number of multi-disk Blu-Ray sets like BladeRunner that would be the perfect model for a new SW box.

What I'd love to see in a new Star Wars box set:
Disk 1 - Original workprint. We've never seen this. Instant must-have.
Disk 2 - 1977 theatrical with numerous audio options including '77 mono sound mix, 1980 stereo remix. ORIGINAL edit and effects - Matte lines, reflective sabers and all.
Disk 3 - 96 Special Edition
Disk 4 - Blu-Ray SE
Disk 5 - Bonus features disk with 1) Ken Burns feature, 2) The Making of Star Wars, 3) The Star Wars Holiday Special, 4) Out-takes and deleted scenes (in restored condition), 5) trailers

Then do similar sets for Empire and Jedi.

Not a big deal for me, I like the movies as they are now. But if this shuts up a large portion of the whining Star Wars fans then I'm all for it! :lol

I'm not going to hold my breath on this one, but it is something I'd love to see happen. While I do have it on VHS, I have nothing to watch them on :lol. I'm a simple man and don't need huge crazy box sets. If they released one on blu with just the three movies and a just a little behind the scenes stuff, I'd be all for it.

Disney still has a credibility problem with many SW fans. Between now and 7 all we have are some cartoons on Disney XD. This just underscores the fears of some people that SW will be further kiddie-fied.

Nothing could build good faith with fans faster than announcing a Blu Ray release of the unaltered OT. It would be a proper gesture that they plan on taking care of Star Wars.

Not a big deal for me, I like the movies as they are now. But if this shuts up a large portion of the whining Star Wars fans then I'm all for it! :lol

Because of the efforts of Harmy and guys like jimjimmyjones85 there's already nothing for SW fans to whine about anymore. I've got the classic movies in their proper form and I have no problem at all with people who might prefer the bastardized crap. We all get what we want now and to each his own. :D

Harmy versions are good, but they are 1) kinda-close reconstructions 2) non-even close to legal. One scary Cease and Desist letter and a lot of these fan edits disappear.

I have a bunch of genuine Sideshow, Hot Toys, Master Replicas and other collectables. I also have a bootleg of HT Wolverine Origins that looks about 95%. Most people wouldn't be able to pick out the differences but guess who still sits low and to the back of a detolf?

The fan edits are nice but they're kinda like the Wolverine figure. I'd like a nice, legitimate box set of the real version of Star Wars.

I'll consider Harmy's movies to be illegal bootlegs in the event that the original films are ever restored and officially released AND those versions look better than what Harmy has done. Until then they absolutely take center stage over all releases/bastardizations of the films to date.

I've looked into the Harmy version of at least the first Star Wars to give it a whirl but wouldn't even know where to look/buy.

Found it! I circled myself in yellow.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408406444.624872.jpg

If only you had been carrying an ice-cream making machine, you could potentially have an action figure of yourself now.

Back