NECA 1/4 Scale Batman Returns Danny DeVito Penguin Figure!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah NECA said they wanted to stay away from Batman for a bit since they did 89, West and Origins. They said they'll eventually do a Nolan Batman but they wanted to tackle some other DC characters first. Also I just saw that Randy said that Penguin still isn't done, they're still working on accessories and a coat for him. Does that mean it could be a fabric coat? NECA has been working a lot with cloth recently in their MEGO line so maybe they're getting a bit more comfortable with it and want to try it on a larger scale figure. He also said its a quarter 1 2015 release but I think we'll see it released in quarter 2 or 3.

I didn't even think about the stability issues this guy will most likely have. Gonna have to buy yet another stand I guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

View attachment 122894

Prob wont see it til after Ht's 1/6 version of Returns is out though... And if HT owned the 1/4 Rights it wouldn't be just for Batman it would be for Batman Returns in general...

Hmmm, I'll take that "maybe" with lots of salt. Thanks for the clarification though.

Yeah NECA said they wanted to stay away from Batman for a bit since they did 89, West and Origins. They said they'll eventually do a Nolan Batman but they wanted to tackle some other DC characters first. Also I just saw that Randy said that Penguin still isn't done, they're still working on accessories and a coat for him. Does that mean it could be a fabric coat? NECA has been working a lot with cloth recently in their MEGO line so maybe they're getting a bit more comfortable with it and want to try it on a larger scale figure. He also said its a quarter 1 2015 release but I think we'll see it released in quarter 2 or 3.

That would most likely be cloth! Which is good. I would rather they keep Penguin this way than have it look like how their Ledger Joker's "clothes" turn out.

As for accessories, you guys think NECA would give us an umbrella that could open/close? Would love to have that hypnotic umbrella he used on Max.

And again, a fish :)

Hmmm, I'll take that "maybe" with lots of salt. Thanks for the clarification though.

That would most likely be cloth! Which is good. I would rather they keep Penguin this way than have it look like how their Ledger Joker's "clothes" turn out.

As for accessories, you guys think NECA would give us an umbrella that could open/close? Would love to have that hypnotic umbrella he used on Max.

And again, a fish :)

I could see alternate glove hands which would just be painted in a gloss black, probably a closed umbrella and if we're really lucky a penguin with a rocket from the end. Maybe a mayoral button from the movie or a fish for him to eat?

Those accessories sound good. Hmm.. as for that hypnotic umbrella, maybe NECA could make an open umbrella sculpted, with its bar/handle detachable so they could have it in the box much easier?

are they actually going to make catwoman as well???

I would really like a Catwoman and it could work for NECA. They release a normal version and then a few months down the road release a Battle damaged one based off the end of the movie.

I wonder how long they have the 1/4 license for. They seem to release about 2-3 figures per year. Next year we'll probably see Penguin, an Arkham Knight character (Batman or the main villian) and one more maybe a Batfleck to coincide with the release of the new movie.

Those accessories sound good. Hmm.. as for that hypnotic umbrella, maybe NECA could make an open umbrella sculpted, with its bar/handle detachable so they could have it in the box much easier?

Yeah that would be similar to how Mattel packaged their Returns Penguin. Maybe we could get lucky and get two sculpts for the open umbrella, a black and the hypnotic one.

A Catwoman would be easy enough to do for NECA. I think most of us would accept some articulation joints here and there as they won't be too obvious given that it's black.

Just don't give Catwoman that horrible ab crunch, NECA. Maybe do it right on the underboobs?

A Catwoman would be easy enough to do for NECA. I think most of us would accept some articulation joints here and there as they won't be too obvious given that it's black.

Just don't give Catwoman that horrible ab crunch, NECA. Maybe do it right on the underboobs?

OR they could hide it with Catwoman's corset as a separate piece much like the Keaton 89 Bat's...

NECA102.jpg

NECA103.jpg

NECA104.jpg

NECA105.jpg

NECA106.jpg

NECA107.jpg

NECA108.jpg

NECA109.jpg

WOW Looks like a HT effort- I know production piece will be crappy though

I think I like Returns a lot more than the first Batman movie. it's more enjoyable for me

Back