Hot Toys: 1/6 scale Iron man mark III constructible version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is great. Better then a dynamic base Or back drop. Really adds to the diorama setting. With as realistic as these look you could nearly recreate that scene from the movie in a still (with the right lighting and set dress) and wouldn't be able to tell the diff. This with a few hoa(original), a mech test tony or another tony figure, and the accessory pack would make a great display.

Plus if hot toys can make a little extra income using the same tooling we are more likely to keep getting new stuff. The better hot toys does the more stuff we get. I get that there are folks not thrilled with all the iron men stuff...but if it sells that's good for everyone.

Plus look at all the stuff announced in the last few days/weeks. From batman returns to power loader to dark knight JGL to BTTF and Star Wars. Part of that is driven by the success of iron man. It not only shows overall interest in the HT brand and marvel license but that that can reuse some tooling to get more bang for their buck out of it(tooling for figures is hugely expensive and one of the highest costs of making new product). If they see they can make a couple versions of the same figure and it sells then they are more likely to make the first. And with the interest in the accessory pack they now see (or will when it goes on sale) that they can also get income from older releases by updating the uniform or adding weapons via an accessory pack. This is good for everyone.

I think this is great. Better then a dynamic base Or back drop. Really adds to the diorama setting. With as realistic as these look you could nearly recreate that scene from the movie in a still (with the right lighting and set dress) and wouldn't be able to tell the diff. This with a few hoa(original), a mech test tony or another tony figure, and the accessory pack would make a great display.

Plus if hot toys can make a little extra income using the same tooling we are more likely to keep getting new stuff. The better hot toys does the more stuff we get. I get that there are folks not thrilled with all the iron men stuff...but if it sells that's good for everyone.

Plus look at all the stuff announced in the last few days/weeks. From batman returns to power loader to dark knight JGL to BTTF and Star Wars. Part of that is driven by the success of iron man. It not only shows overall interest in the HT brand and marvel license but that that can reuse some tooling to get more bang for their buck out of it(tooling for figures is hugely expensive and one of the highest costs of making new product). If they see they can make a couple versions of the same figure and it sells then they are more likely to make the first. And with the interest in the accessory pack they now see (or will when it goes on sale) that they can also get income from older releases by updating the uniform or adding weapons via an accessory pack. This is good for everyone.

:goodpost:

Shouldn't the color have been gray though - doesn't he make it gray then when perfected he picked out the color? I was thinking yea it may be cool to display with the first Mech test but he is still working on II. I know I am nit picking but it is just a question that keeps rolling around in my head.:dunno

Shouldn't the color have been gray though - doesn't he make it gray then when perfected he picked out the color? I was thinking yea it may be cool to display with the first Mech test but he is still working on II. I know I am nit picking but it is just a question that keeps rolling around in my head.:dunno

No....it was the III that he was working on in the scene where he asked Pepper to retrieve all the shipping info and she said that she was going to quit.

HT is ****ing ruthless man. They don't want anyone else to have a piece of the pie. This is a carbon copy (actually, this is better but still ) of the 1/4 version by King Arts.

I think it's a **** move if you ask me. Same thing with their 1/4 scale line... they only get the license to prevent other companies from having it and then don't do anything with it. Happened with the Avengers and Terminator (they got the 1/4 scale license to prevent Enterbay from having it).

HT is ****ing ruthless man. They don't want anyone else to have a piece of the pie. This is a carbon copy (actually, this is better but still ) of the 1/4 version by King Arts.

I think it's a **** move if you ask me. Same thing with their 1/4 scale line... they only get the license to prevent other companies from having it and then don't do anything with it. Happened with the Avengers and Terminator (they got the 1/4 scale license to prevent Enterbay from having it).

True, but other companies do it. At least HT does it well.

Look at Sideshow and their new Marvel 1/6 line and Beetlejuice, they basically stalked the customs forum here and are making near identical pieces. :lol

This is a really cool idea. Not for everyone but like other people said its a really cool display option to reanact the scene

Not gonna lie this looks pretty cool. I'm not a big enough Iron Man fan to buy it though. The diecast Mark III will be mine though.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Back