SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Sideshow is also being given a little more creative freedom with their Marvel line than their DC one. DC is notoriously a bit more strict on their depiction of characters with licensors. I'll ask Sideshow today at SDCC about how the other Marvel figures are going to look and whether they also have some creative liberties.

And I hope he's about 10.5", which is more or less 1/6 of 5'3".

Might be an optical illusion, but he looks shorter than Deadpool (?)

SDCC-2014-Sideshow-Marvel-Sixth-Scale-Figures-001.jpg

Might be an optical illusion, but he looks shorter than Deadpool (?)

I hope so. COuld be the angle? We really need to see them side-by-side, soon.

I think Sideshow is also being given a little more creative freedom with their Marvel line than their DC one. DC is notoriously a bit more strict on their depiction of characters with licensors. I'll ask Sideshow today at SDCC about how the other Marvel figures are going to look and whether they also have some creative liberties.

I can say that this is true, based on my experience. I was tagged to do the teaser materials for a local celebration of DC's 75th Anniversary like 3 years ago, and they were very strict I ended up just copying/tracing the references they gave me, as they kept telling me "stay true to the references". The copying/tracing was a last resort and I didn't like it at all, but you know what, they gave it the thumbs up.

I just saw SSC's video teaser for this line. After seeing the sketches for Wolvie's HS, I think it's possible that he'd have swappable faceplates, like Batman from their DC line :)

I like the costume, but that portrait looks like a Simon Bisley scribble escaped off the page.

Therein lies the problem of doing comic based 1/6 figures, everyone has different preferences for their favorite artist for a character.. I'm a huge Bisley fan from his work on Slain at 2000AD.. unfortunately if this figure has rubber arms, I'm out.

Liking the John Byrne yellow and brown but why the armor on the forearms? He is Wolverine, armor unnessesary for a close to indestructible character.

Liking the John Byrne yellow and brown but why the armor on the forearms? He is Wolverine, armor unnessesary for a close to indestructible character.

Well I guess its better to prevent damage than to heal from damage during a fight. Imagine getting a near fatal wound during a fight and losing focus, bleeding out etc..... If I had a healing factor, I'd be wearing armor still.....prevention is better than a cure =)

The sculpt is the only thing I'm not keen on. Hopefully like Batman you can swap out the mouth.

Wow, that's pretty badass :rock

Not a purchase for me as I'm really not into the comic based figures, but I'm really happy to see Sideshow continuing to branch out.

... rubber arms? or early prototype before joints are added?

I'm guessing rubber arms... I love how they look and really like the direction this is going.

Back