Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

So Anakin and Darth Vader up first from HT by the sound of it.
:rock

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

:lol
Well it's interesting they are tackling Vader. Hopefully ANH version.

The only one I'd buy, although my modded SSC ANH is pretty close, build quality on a new Hot Toys version and likely detail would be better.

Well it's interesting they are tackling Vader. Hopefully ANH version.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I have that one, I like it.

I would think they'd do a ROTJ full reveal Vader. Which is the SS deluxe -- ROTJ or ESB? HT would do whichever SS didn't... but they'll be essentially the same... but HT's will be more accurate and not a hodge-podge of both films.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I have that one, I like it.

I would think they'd do a ROTJ full reveal Vader. Which is the SS deluxe -- ROTJ or ESB? HT would do whichever SS didn't... but they'll be essentially the same... but HT's will be more accurate and not a hodge-podge of both films.

Well HT's was supposed to be a ESB/ROTJ combo.

I have ANH Vader that I spent a lot of time modding and tweaking as well. Still though can you imagine if HT got that helmet right? the flaws the dome, everything...

:pray:

So not much of an annoucnement... Anakin and Han are the only figures (as far as I know) that Chan said they would definitely make... but that was back when we expected more than just the DX Luke. Vader's interesting... but I'm not holding my breath.

I also wrote, but deleted before posting "or maybe we'll all be dead." ;) Too macabre, but it's out there now.

But a fair point :lecture

I don't have very high hopes for Episode VII, but I do feel it stands a far better chance of capturing the spirit of Star Wars than the Prequels managed, in that it has a head start by bringing back original actors/characters and familiar vehicles.

By spirit I particularly mean the Original Trilogy, and the early expanded universe such as Brian Daley's Han Solo Trilogy, L. Neil Smith's Lando Trilogy, and even Alan Dean Foster's second go at a Star Wars novel: Splinter of the Mind's Eye (the low-budget sequel that never was to be).

There's something very special and nostalgic about that period, and I find it also applies to the Indiana Jones original trilogy. Something of the spirit in both licenses was lost in the intervening years.

I tend to agree with this... I'm not positive the new films will be good, but I'm hopeful and I think at the very least those involved know that SW can suck and will want to avoid the mistakes of the PT. I'm sort of hoping that shows like "Rebels" will be the dumping ground for the dumb **** they want to put in the movies but decide it's not a good idea.

Yeah, I agree. I think that everyone involved in this movie wants the same thing. To recapture the magic of the OT.
Mind you Spielberg directed Crystal Skull, but things have changed since then.

This is our last best hope for another great Star Wars movie.

No, there is another...

But, really your probably right... even if these suck they will continue to make more and dilute the property. But if these are quality then maybe it will usher in a new era of SW awesomeness.

I honestly believe that because of this sideshow will soon just end their 1/6 Star Wars line for good. The reason being is because sideshow has done this 3 times before every time hot toys gets one of their licenses they drop it. By the way the three previous drops are T2, Planet of the apes and platoon.

Pretty sure Sideshow did all they wanted with those licenses and then moved on... yeah, they could have done more with Terminator (only three figures) but Apes had a crap ton and Platoon made quite a few figures for how niche of a movie it is.

So, while I see your point I think you're wrong. Not to mention all of those figures being made by HT occurred years after Sideshow was done.

I told my daughter, who turns 5 in less than 3 weeks, that we'd watch Star Wars together sometime soon after her birthday. She already knows a bunch of the character names, but she needs a point of reference to know what daddy's up to with his collecting. ;) Hope she can sit through it.

Gotta raise 'em up right. My daughter's about to turn 4 (on the 7th, actually) and yesterday she asked about Jabba... not sure who mentioned it, maybe another kid. But took her into the collection room and showed her Jabba in 1/6, vintage Kenner and Lego. And of course she's familiar with most of the core characters and has a few SW toys of her own.

Sideshow is just part of her life experience:

ffd.jpg

eew.jpg

a5fc118e-d180-4c23-a7f9-0ab0b4a77324_zpsf0563b34.jpg

hht.jpg

If a Vader is coming, I'd expect it as part of an Anakin DX set, ROTS. But I wouldn't expect it first. Anakin is like a 1/10 compared to any main character from the OT, even Leia. It's a big gamble, while OT less-so.

Ugh... that may be a pass on general principal. I will not drop money on a ROTS armored Vader.

I just hope that Sideshow or Hot Toys will revisit a Han and Luke Trooper set.

Vader and boba fett and jango in 1/4 please. seriously. I know they'll do it..

"We still in process of developing and design..." I predict a reveal at SDCC 2015, not before... :thud:

I find it amusing that some think a HT Vader would, by default, be any more accurate than a Sideshow version. HT definitely produces high quality stuff, but accuracy is always a total gamble with them like it is with everyone else, including, but not limited to, scale.

"We make Clown Shape Vader"...

Wake me up after Anakin and before Vader.
I know what you mean, I think they will make an impressive Anakin set though. I guess it depends on how much you hate the prequels. I have a bit of love for Sith.

If HT really want to make their Vader different than what's gone before they will be looking at a Hurricane style helmet. Which would be amazing. Fingers crossed. :pray:

do we know its FIGURES in 1/4 and not also Statues ?

Every once in a while, I think of what this will look like done by HT:

obi-wan-kenobi-ewan-mcgregor-star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith.jpg

and now with this announcement, it has a chance and is possible.

What a gigantic anticlimax it would be if Hot Toys first Star Wars release after all this time is Anakin.

do we know its FIGURES in 1/4 and not also Statues ?

Does Hot Toys make any statues? A statue, by definition is really not a "toy."

I'm so excited at the prospect of ROTS Obi-Wan. The SSC version isn't good enough to justify buying... HT may give me what I always wanted!

If you take this at face value, chalk me up as one who believes "Vader" is the 2nd figure of an Anakin set, AND it's not even the armored one. Regular Anakin, regular headsculpt and burnt up tunic, Sith eyes headsculpt. I'm cool with that.

Back