Kaustic Plastik - XXL Project set 1 - The Fantasy Warrior

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ypy2yvab.jpg

Here's a quickie on my phone for you guys

All I can see is I'm glad I'm getting a custom head :lol

One eye is higher than the other, it's either warped in the casting process or it's always been like that, I'm unsure. I know the likeness wasn't supposed to be great but it's not that what's bothered me here. It's fairly well painted and the skin is much smoother than the proto pics.

It might have been useable if it wasn't for the wonky eye, hopefully I got a bad one for all you hoping to use it because it wouldn't.

Luckily I didn't buy it for the head though so to me it doesn't matter anyway and the rest of the set looks great - Sword especially which is the most important.

This is not a negative about the set btw. Just the head.

Thanks Frank... yeah, not great, but the eye might be fixable. And if it's warped even just warming him up and reshaping might help.

Not to ask too much, but if you can take a built up shot with the head I'd be curious how it looks all together.

Where can I get the custom head from?

ypy2yvab.jpg

OMG that sculpt is just :horror.
I would rather have a headless figure and call it the Super Battle Damaged version.

The rest of the set looks very good, but what were they thinking when they made that sculpt :cuckoo:

Yeah I'll take a picture of it set up when I get home from work and put it together

I did try heating it up In some water and moving it quickly but it didn't budge. You guys may have better luck or a better head than I do though!

As I say it's not the likeness that's annoying even though it isn't a very good one, it's the eyes being at a different levels and sizes that is irritating

Custom head is here

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143930

Looking at the final head and the raw sculpt... it looks to be the same sculpt (unlike the roughed up one for the sales images), but very distorted. giving him a horse face. I'lk definitely mess with mine when I get it to see if anything can be done, but it might be a lost cause.

33c01d86-6a35-46c5-a9aa-a772c3aabe8c_zpsb659824f.jpg
3fa8c95b-42e8-458a-911b-07120a5e5989_zps86e42592.jpg

Frank, I'm assuming that's not lens distortion but that it actually looks like that. And thanks for posting pics so quickly :duff

Yeah I'll take a picture of it set up when I get home from work and put it together

I did try heating it up In some water and moving it quickly but it didn't budge. You guys may have better luck or a better head than I do though!

As I say it's not the likeness that's annoying even though it isn't a very good one, it's the eyes being at a different levels and sizes that is irritating

Custom head is here

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143930

I found the custom Conan thread now, thanks.

Maybe you got a dodgy sculpt?

I guess sculpting is not that companies forte, did they even look at pics of Arnie as Conan? It gets my vote for worst sculpt of the year.

Check out the comp Shells it started out as a good sculpt, but something got lost along the way. Could be either a production problem, or maybe it was intentionally distorted to avoid any legal difficulties.

Yea original sculpt looks pretty good although the eyes still look a pinch off. I feel like I'm looking at Sloth when I look at the finished product though. Not that I hope you got a crappy one, Frank, but I'd like to hope not all of them are that bad. Maybe their QC just stinks. I dunno. But def glad in grabbing Seans custom.

Check out the comp Shells it started out as a good sculpt, but something got lost along the way. Could be either a production problem, or maybe it was intentionally distorted to avoid any legal difficulties.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, the original unpainted sculpt looked pretty good, It looks like someone has pulled at the head (if you pardon the expression) and stretched it? Maybe us collectors have just got so used to such top notch sculpting from HT, Enterbay, iminime

I think something similar happened to Sideshow ESB Luke... the sculpt was never 100%, but the final product was really jacked up.

Last edited:
vutenaby.jpg

uzavara5.jpg

Bad pictures I know but it's took hours to get the clothing on a TTM20 and it's now late haha

I'll take some with my proper camera tomorrow in daylight for you guys but they head is definitely going in the box. I'll probably take the neck plug out of it and use it for another figure

The outfit does indeed!

A tip when putting the outfit on - attach the pouch to the top before not after as it was a nightmare getting it to attach through the eyelets when it was already on as it's clipped through (as I did it)

Also loosen both sides of the string on the leather vest and on leather waist thing just undo it altogether at the back, it makes life so much easier

The pants are a really right fit on a TTM20 too, just an FYI

What figure hand a bare sword holding hand?

I've got a number of hands from the DX and MMS Terminator, I'm hopeful I'll have all the hands I need in the parts bin.

Got my set today from CK

DSCF2564_zps3d7db617.jpg

Decided to use my PS shootout fig, as I'm getting HT's version
DSCF2567_zps2ab4f6a9.jpg

Heres the sculpt
DSCF2568_zps80a9ce9f.jpg

DSCF2570_zps77372678.jpg

:lol Arnies stunt double maybe?

DSCF2571_zps2af176ff.jpg

Looking good

DSCF2572_zps3dee67ed.jpg

not so much now

DSCF2575_zps6750a2b9.jpg

I removed the neck connector so his head sits further down.

In conclusion then. The sword and clothing are very nice and I cant wait to get the custom head sculpt.

Oh and yes I need a sword holding hand

That outfit and sword are killer. I'm hoping hobby-galaxy gets it in sooner than the sept. 30th date they give on the site.

Back